What's new

2 Problems

RPGlover12

Hey there,
i just now have 2 problems
1_ my isdn connects and everythin but doesn't do anythin doesn't show websites connect to the msn or any other shit and this problem is only on xp thouigh i reinstalled but still nothin happened and am now usin win98
2_i had a virus on xp and it infected like most of 98 system files now i got 1 file missin which wont run anythin withuot it which is called terx".exe wat kind of file is taht and wats it function and if anybody have 98 plz attach it or send it to my mail and notify me when u send it
thanks in advance
oh yeah my email is [email protected]
note yahoo massenger doesn't work coz of that file aswell or any other prog exept explorer

iq_132

Banned
are you sure it's called terx".exe? I'd send it to you if i knew exactly what the file name is...

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
here's my advise, backup all your important data, except all the files that you know that are infected, format your hard disk, and the reinstall Windows and everything else...

OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

I can't really install my hd since i got like all my hd important 2nd i think its some sort of virus though i can't open any program it tells me that this file isn't found though and when isearched for it i found that u can't put the " " " in the name of a file so it has to be some sort of virus and if anybody can solve problem no1 am gonna be thankfull though :)
anyway return to problem no2 when isearched for terx i found this file its a text file though

<<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>>

iNDian sNakes pResents yAha.E

iNDian hACkers,Vxers c0me & w0Rk wITh uS & fUCk tHE GFORCE-pAK shites

bY

sNAkeeYes,c0Bra

<<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>>

dont ask me how this got into my comp or anythin
coz i dont even know how did it and am still tryin to figure out y is it askin me for it
thnxs in advance

yogaman

Banned
man ...shit sounds bad, did u try to run NAV or something? ... I recommend you to use Norton Utilities coz it can really fix up your system.

OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

dude it gives me an error when i try opening it it wont run at all and i can't run paint to show ya it
it tells me ok or cancel or locate for trax".exe
and tahts shtie

Riven

the virus has modified your registry and/pr your win.ini and system.ini files.
you have to recover an old copy of registry (when your computer worked) and check out any suspicios command in ini files (like run= or load= )

Stezo2k

S-2K
windows xp backs up your config if u have the option enabled, if not ur pretty damn fcked, looks like u'll have to format if u cant get rid of it

Stez

OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

ahh shit i wish anyone can solve problem no1 so i can leave 98 alone and when ihave time and shit i can delete all that shit from system files and do a clean install then
can't anyone solve no1
thnxs in advance

zorbid

I think that, if you use a DOS boot disk, you will be able to scan your hd with norton, form the command prompt. I don't know if it is still implemented in the current versions, but old ones worked well for this.

If you do that, and you are not familiar with ms dos, ask here, I can tell you the basics.

flow``

flow``
heh. just backup and format. takes a lot less time and will give you a fresh install of things.

and if you can get online, WHY DONT YOU GO TO AN ONLINE VIRUS SCANNER SITE! :>

OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

thnx trotterwatch for ur help :) appreciated :) i was lookin for them anyway u made the effort less ;)
edit: the thing gave me an error its not workin

Last edited:

zorbid

1.Look for the path of Norton in your program file folder. Write it carefully somewhere. I will use 'c:\program files\norton antivirus' for the example

2. In WinXP, Format a floppy with the option 'create a MSDOS boot disk' selected.

3. Let that floppy in the drive, and reboot your computer.

You will be in MSDOS.
with maybe some text, then this prompt.

A:\>

We will now go to your Norton folder.

To change the drive, type the drive letter followed by ':' , for example, to go to your first hard disk partition, type c: then return. d: for the second partition, a: for the floppy, and so on.
Type only what is in bold, then press return.

A:\>c:

to change the folder you must type cd (which stands for 'change directory', in MSDOS, folders are called directories) followed by the directory name. Note that MSDOS doesn't handle file/directory names longer than 8 chars. If the name is longer, MSDOS shortens it to 8, with ~1 for the last two.

fo example, to go in the 'Program files' folder, you must type

c:\>cd progra~1

MSDOS is case unsensitive, so you don't have to worry about the case :)

c:\Program Files>cd norton~1

if you have troubles to find the right 'spelling' for your directory, type

dir /a:d

it will list the direcories that you can find in the current one.
to go one level up, type.

cd ..

Now that we are in the NAV folder, we must look for the executable files. To get a list of the files, type

c:\Program Files\Norton Antivirus>dir

it will most probably be to quick and too much to see anything usefull. Instead type

c:\Program Files\Norton Antivirus>dir *.exe

You will get a list of the exe files. try to run all of them, (type their name). Try to guess with their names which is the good one... I can't help you about this because I have a winXP version, and it has no dos executable (I suppose it is NAVsomething.exe, but I'm not sure). If none of them work, try

c:\Program Files\Norton Antivirus>dir *.com

That will give you the list of the .com files, try to launch them as well.

Note that one of them may be the good one but tell you it needs more parameters, then give you a list of parameters (or maybe not, if not try to relaunch it with /? after it). Retype the same name, followed by the ok parameters (for example NAVsomething c: to scan the c: drive).

I hope it helps you. If something is not clear, tell it, I will give more details.

Last edited:

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I have a better idea, why don't you take yor hd, connect it co another pc, and then, with NAV make a full scan of yor hd. Don't forget to have the NAV definitions upgraded if you do this.

OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

Zorbid: am not that retarded in dos :p but i did the important parts that i didn't know and thnxs for ur help anyway it worked :) but i can't see the ntfs format though :( but i dont care atleast the comp is workin ;)
thnxs again zorbid