What's new

GUI for Selfboot

Don Ramon

Hey guys, i'm having a problem: I was trying to do a marvel backup with different songs but when i tried to create the final image (.cdi) it turned in a corrupted one. I'm sure i've done the correct process regarding the songs, but something occurred while making the image. I used 2 methods: The exoboot (Data to Image Mode) and Nero + Bin2boot (.nrg, then change it to .bin, then bin2boot). If someone knows how to solve plz let me know. Thx in advance :plain:

mowgli

new to this game

hello, im trying to make my dc cdi file self bootable with exoboot1.31. but i get a message saying that my file has no bin files . how do i find out and if not what do i do .thanks

primoitt

Hey Exo

I got an error using your Exotool. It's a MS-DOS error and appears while is runing the BINHACK. This is the messenge error "THE CPU NTVDM found an expection not treated..."
Take a look

View attachment 32353

So everytime Exotool create a selfboot iso/cd that Chankast shows like an AUDIO-CD!
I have try a lot of games and got a lot of same results:(

PLZ HELP ME!!!=]

Sorry about double post

paulpsomiadis

Feature suggestion...

I'm just thinking @Exoskeletor - your tool doesn't support 'sorter.txt' yet...:(

This is a .txt file that allows mkisofs to sort the files in the ISO so they are the same order as the original GD-ROM disc.:matrix:

(improves loading times quite a bit!)

At the moment, your tool generates an ISO like this...

Mkisofs -C 0,0 -V DOA2 -l -o data.iso "F:\Exoboot\data"

...with sorter.txt it looks like this...

Mkisofs -C 0,0 -V DOA2 -l -sort sorttxt.txt -o data.iso "F:\Exoboot\data"

(I'm using DOA2 as an example)

If you don't know what I'm going on about, I can email or PM you a document that explains the procedure of how to create 'sorttxt.txt':matrix:

(It should only be created from an original GD-ROM for obvious reasons...but you can create it by hand also...)

One of these sorttxt.txt files is necessary to prevent texture problems in Soul Calibur...at least it was for me!:unsure: