What's new

1964 crash

kingennio

hi there,
i've just installed the latest 1964 relese but whenever I load a rom it crashes the emu with an access violation. I've got Win2K and I'm using the Jabo plugin. BTW I don't think the problem is related to the graphics since PJ64 does work on my PC. Am I missing some setting? Thanx
ennio

Rice

Emulator Developer
I am sure that you have done something wrong. You'd better to config every plugins and set all user options correctly.

It will helps if you can post your plugin configuration, options setting and your PC spec.

Rice

Glurak

I think I got the same problem however it only happens if I try to load a zipped rom if I unzip the rom before I try to load it it works just fine :)... loading zipped roms works in other emus and yes I got the zlib.dll in the same dire as 1964 (I also got it in my sys dir...) I use Windows 98 SE

zeus

This problem occurs far to often on both win98 and w2k, it happens randomly on most roms, but with Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0) [!].zip and Banjo-Kazooie (U) [!].zip it happens every time, even when unchecking "start game after loading rom". I solved the problem by unzipping all of my roms but it´s not a pleasant workaround.

Rice

Emulator Developer
hm, this looks like a bug regarding loading zipped rom. I will take a look.

kingennio, please confirm if your problem is the same problem or not.

Rice

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
I experienced the same problem. :( Rice I think something is wrong with the play zipped roms option caus if you unzip them they do work :)

OP
K

kingennio

actually...

Hi again,
indeed I tried with zipped roms but now I loaded an unzipped one (mario64) and it happens again: crash with the message I put in attachement.
My PC is a P3 800, MatroxG450, W2k, DX8.1. I know the matrox isnt the best there is but it works with PJ64 and I use the Jabo plugin with 1964 too. The config of the plugin is the default.
ennio

OP
K

kingennio

just a quick follow-up. I've unregistered 1964 and run it again. I loaded unzipped mario64 and it did work. Then I changed the plugin to use Jabo and it worked too. Then I tried loading a zipped rom and it crashed!
I dont understand why but I'm positive that it used to crash even with unzipped roms. Now, after a clean restart, works fine with unzipped roms.

A

A.A

i have this problem 2

i have this problem 2 but with zipped roms & with unzipped roms
i doesnt happen 2 me every time but it really f u c k i n g up the
emulator.
i have a win XP home and it really annoying.
it happens 2 me on PJ64 sometimes (but thats not your problem)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Re: i have this problem 2

A.A said:
i have this problem 2 but with zipped roms & with unzipped roms
i doesnt happen 2 me every time but it really f u c k i n g up the
emulator.
i have a win XP home and it really annoying.
it happens 2 me on PJ64 sometimes (but thats not your problem)

could you post about that on PJ forum, there are no known problems with zip support in PJ

Slougi

Re: actually...

kingennio said:
Hi again,
indeed I tried with zipped roms but now I loaded an unzipped one (mario64) and it happens again: crash with the message I put in attachement.
My PC is a P3 800, MatroxG450, W2k, DX8.1. I know the matrox isnt the best there is but it works with PJ64 and I use the Jabo plugin with 1964 too. The config of the plugin is the default.
ennio
I've got the same problem in Win ME :/
Damn it must be murphy :devil: