What's new

DirectX 9.0 public beta

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
Microsoft has released a public beta of Direct X 9. Comes with a warning, "This is an unsupported Pre-Release version of DirectX 9.0 and may contain bugs or issues that prevent correct operation of DirectX applications". ATI has released DirectX9 drivers and some demos for the Radeon 9500/9700 as well.

Last edited:

Lex

Re: DirectX 9 beta

B*A*G*G said:
Microsoft has released a public beta of Direct X 9. Comes with a warning, "This is an unsupported Pre-Release version of DirectX 9.0 and may contain bugs or issues that prevent correct operation of DirectX applications". ATI has released DirectX9 drivers and some demos for the Radeon 9500/9700.

At the installation it gives a warning were it says you need a betaplace id or windows won't work after install, is this really true?

akalario

I reported this earlier. Microsoft wants you to test and give feedback, but Eagle doesn't - he banned me.

- lario

For Eagle:

h**p://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/productinfo/guidelines.asp

h**p://download.microsoft.com/download/DirectX/DX90/DX90_308/W982KMeXP/EN-US/dx9.0.308.3_dxwebsetup.exe

MICROSOFT CORPORATION END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR BETA PRODUCT
DIRECTX 9.0
Accompanying this Agreement is a pre-release copy of the Microsoft product identified above, which may include software (the "Software") and related documentation and information (collectively the "Product"). The Product is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The Product is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. This Agreement grants Recipient the following rights provided that Recipient complies with all terms and conditions of this Agreement:
(a) Microsoft grants to Recipient a limited, non-exclusive, nontransferable, royalty-free license to install and use up to three (3) copies of the executable code of the Product on a single CPU residing on Recipient’s premises, solely to test the compatibility of Recipient’s application or other product(s) which operate in conjunction with the Product and to evaluate the Product for the purpose of providing feedback thereon to Microsoft. All other rights are reserved to Microsoft. Recipient shall not rent, lease, sell, sublicense, assign, or otherwise transfer any portion of the Product. Recipient may not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Product, except and only to the extent that this limitation is expressly prohibited by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
(b) Recipient agrees to provide to Microsoft reasonable suggestions, comments and feedback regarding the Product, including but not limited to usability, bug reports and test results, with respect to Product testing (collectively, "Feedback"). Recipient grants Microsoft, under all of Recipient’s intellectual property and proprietary rights, the following worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, fully paid up rights: (1)_to make, use, copy, modify, and create derivative works of, the Feedback as part of any Microsoft product, technology, service, specification or other documentation (collectively, "Microsoft Offerings"), (2)_to publicly perform or display, import, broadcast, transmit, distribute, license, offer to sell, and sell, rent, lease or lend copies of the Feedback (and derivative works thereof) as part of any Microsoft Offering, (3)_solely with respect to Recipient’s copyright and trade secret rights, to sublicense to third parties the foregoing rights, including the right to sublicense to further third parties, and (4) to sublicense to third parties any claims of any patents owned or licensable by Recipient that are necessarily infringed by a third party product, technology or service that uses, interfaces, interoperates or communicates with the Feedback or portion thereof incorporated into a Microsoft product, technology or service. Further, Recipient warrants that Recipient’s Feedback is not subject to license terms that will require, or claim to require, that any Microsoft Offering that incorporates any Feedback (or any intellectual property therein) be licensed to any third party on specified terms. Due to the nature of the development work, Microsoft provides no assurance that any specific errors or discrepancies in the Product will be corrected.
(c) Recipient may disclose the Product only to its employees who have a need to know in order to accomplish the purposes identified in Section 1(a), and such employees’ use of the Product shall take place solely at Recipient’s site. Recipient will have executed appropriate written agreements with its employees sufficient to enable it to comply with the terms of this Agreement.
(d) Recipient agrees that, for a period of up to six (6) months after commercial release of the Product, it will maintain a list of all employees who have had access hereunder to the Product or related information and provide such list to Microsoft upon Microsoft’s request.
(e) In the event Microsoft, in its sole discretion, elects to provide deliveries of Product to more than one individual employed by Recipient (if Recipient is not a single individual), each such recipient shall be entitled to exercise the rights granted in this Agreement, and shall be bound by the terms and conditions herein.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I still don't get why software developers don't just use OpenGL which has for years supported way more features than direct3d will probably have within the next 5 years. Worse yet, OpenGL 2.0 is upon us, and will add even more features than that.

Eagle

aka Alshain
akalario said:
I reported this earlier. Microsoft wants you to test and give feedback, but Eagle doesn't - he banned me.

Lario, first off, I didnt ban you, I gave you a warning.

Second, I did that cause I checked http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/ and didnt see any mention of a public beta so I thought it was a leaked copy. I dont know where you found out about this site or why M$ is too stupid to put a link to it on the DirectX homepage, but if I made a mistake I appoligize. I dont know who banned you though cause it wasnt me.

OP
B

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
akalario said:

- lario

dont blame eagle, it was me who banned you. my bad :D

yogaman2

Banned
speaking of banning *cough* *cough*..... WHY THE HELL DOESN'T ANYBODY CARE TO UNBAN YOGAMAN1!!!!!!!!!! Grrrr maybe one mod should take a bit responsibility and consider it as mistake and UNDO IT!!!!

Uppsss

AlphaWolf said:
I still don't get why software developers don't just use OpenGL which has for years supported way more features than direct3d will probably have within the next 5 years. Worse yet, OpenGL 2.0 is upon us, and will add even more features than that.

Must be nutz!! dx is way betta than opengl since it has more features, talkin bout input , sound, multimedia and so on...

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yogaman, you were banned outside of the warning system. I just found out that if you get a warning level 15 it auto-bans you but mods can unban those banned in this manner. Unfortunately, If you are banned by the normal banning method only an admin can do so. Why were you banned anyway.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Re: Uppsss

David_Hayter said:
Must be nutz!! dx is way betta than opengl since it has more features, talkin bout input , sound, multimedia and so on...

Your not refering to the same components. Direct3D has never been even half as good as OpenGL in terms of features. Why do you think graphics guru john carmack refuses to write anything for direct3d?

Directsound and Directinput are the only otherwise useful portions of directx, but even those aren't as good as MS would like you to think compared to the alternatives.

Last edited:

Eagle

aka Alshain
Re: Re: Uppsss

AlphaWolf said:
Your not refering to the same components. Direct3D has never been even half as good as OpenGL in terms of features. Why do you think graphics guru john carmack refuses to write anything for direct3d?

Directsound and Directinput are the only otherwise useful portions of directx, but even those aren't as good as MS would like you to think compared to the alternatives.

[sarcasm]Exactly. Thats why DirectX enabled software always looks better.[/sarcasm] hehe. DirectX rocks.

yogaman2

Banned
Eagle said:
Yogaman, you were banned outside of the warning system. I just found out that if you get a warning level 15 it auto-bans you but mods can unban those banned in this manner. Unfortunately, If you are banned by the normal banning method only an admin can do so. Why were you banned anyway.

well, if u got to Website corner there is a whole topic about the nonsense of banning me!! Check it out ...it is locked by slougi

Please check it out .... many mods have been ignoring me!!

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Actualy I know the cause of that, you were making negative comments about ET on a forum whose primary reason for existence was to trash ET. In fact I believe I was the first one to notice your comments and point them out to some of the moderators who were in IRC, so you can blame that on me, and I have no regrets.

That aside though, why bring those questions to this thread?

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
'Cuz he doesn't wanna be ignored. When he sees mods here, he takes the chance to post here so that he won't be unnoticed.

yogaman2

Banned
AlphaWolf said:
Actualy I know the cause of that, you were making negative comments about ET on a forum whose primary reason for existence was to trash ET. In fact I believe I was the first one to notice your comments and point them out to some of the moderators who were in IRC, so you can blame that on me, and I have no regrets.

That aside though, why bring those questions to this thread?

hey alpha, u r really a bit stupid here (not that u are any smarter else) .... "trashing" emutalks reputation what?? oh - please, go to the topic or to the board .... if I was unsatisfied with emutalk then - nobody can blame me (the hell was going around here then!!) - and about trashing: I said i spent more time there then here.... WOW, I hope I didn't kill anybody with that comment! If u got one inch of an average IQ u could make out that it was not even a slightest reason to ban me - if it would have been one, then the mods must have banned everyone who wasn't pleased with emutalk a few weeks ago!!!
- I don't want to go offtopic, but at least somebody considers it here (it seems) - and it would be a nice gesture to unban my old ego - and alpha, just becoz u don't like me (vice versa) doesn't give u any reason to justify the ban.

sorry for going offtopic anyway - Yoga

EDIT: HERE is the link to the forum ... and my second post seems to be the reason of my ban..... please go to it and decide whether it justifies a BAN!!!
http://www.summoned64.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=28

Last edited:

yogaman2

Banned
oh don't want to point the fingers to others...but as far as I know cooliscool hasn't been banned .... and from Gents quotation u can make out that he did actually "trash" a bit emutalk members.... compare the posts and u can make out that alpha is deliberately fuckin' me up - YES, I don't like u either!

Alpha - grow up

Last edited:
Re: Re: Uppsss

AlphaWolf said:
Why do you think graphics guru john carmack refuses to write anything for direct3d?

Betta dont talk of whatcha dont know dude, carmack uses opengl just because of the fact that it was first than dx, and plus, dx first versions were not really good, thats the only reason

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
yogaman2 said:
oh don't want to point the fingers to others...but as far as I know cooliscool hasn't been banned .... and from Gents quotation u can make out that he did actually "trash" a bit emutalk members.... compare the posts and u can make out that alpha is deliberately fuckin' me up - YES, I don't like u either!

Alpha - grow up

Look dick, I didn't ban you, I don't even have the ability to do so, and if you had even half of a pea brain, you would notice that. All I did was say something like "god damn, yogaman sure likes to bite the hand that feeds him" or words to that effect in IRC, then I pointed out to what thread I was refering. It was somebody elses decision to do that, NOT MINE. But based on how your acting, I would have probably done the same thing.

Also that post your mentioning has been edited, probably to remove those comments. In fact, some of your origional comments are in the ET thread you mentioned earlier, so don't throw me anymore lines of bullshit, I know what you said:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?postid=89584#post89584

Isn't it kinda strange that your words aren't on summoned64 anymore? I remember seeing that too, among other things. Thats not the first time I've seen you lie, and you just made yourself look like a bigger liar.

Last edited: