What's new

im installing winxp pro but i have a problem

gokuss4

Meh...
im posting this from my dads computer. about 5 minutes after the installation begins, my screen gets all messed up, i believe it's my video card. so how do you people with winxp pro and a voodoo card (a 3) help me out here and tell me how install xp pro correctly?

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
maybe you should try to use the check the system compatibility tab when the cd runs in autoplay.

OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
could someone give me step by step installation process for winxp? so that it wouldn't be garbled up. so how do i get winxp pro install correctly (a clean install) without it messing up during the installation process?

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
1. You should have your CD Boot BIOS option enabled for the propely Windows XP CD Booting
2. Try to have all your USB Devices and printers disconnected before and during instalation
3. Boot from your WinXP CD
4. From there you should create a new partition (only if your hd is new) and format your hd
5. Then check everything that you are going to install.
6. Then everything should be fine for you:innocent:

OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
i meant that my screen is garbled up and distorted :plain2: i know it has to do with my video card, and yes ive already done those steps and it didn't work, i want steps that'll be helpful for me so that the installation screen does not get distorted... :cry:

RJA

The PC Wiz
Gokuss,

I never had a Windows XP installation failure with my Voodoo 3.

I hate to tell you this, you have to stop overclocking your FSB.

High chances the overclocking is the cause.

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
weren't you using a tnt2 before? Maybe you could try installing xp with that vid card installed.

OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
hmm? :plain: oh i never changed that in my sig, its down to 909mhz right now has been for a long time now :D anyways maybe ill do that, just borrow someones video card until winxp pro is installed. good idea ;)

Josep

eyerun4phun
you overclock gokuss?! i didn't know that!:) what mobo do you have, pretty sure you sig. doesn't say it;)

OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
err i actually never did overclock my cpu, but it's every time i go into system information it says AMD Athlon 909MHz lol