What's new

Whats in store for the next release?

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
Hey, I just wanna know what you guys are going to do with the next release. I know you guys are probably taking a well-deserved break after the successful release of 8.5. Are you guys going to just do some bug-fixes or increase compatibility or what? Thats all i wanna know, thanx. :1964:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Gamer123 said:
Hey, I just wanna know what you guys are going to do with the next release. I know you guys are probably taking a well-deserved break after the successful release of 8.5. Are you guys going to just do some bug-fixes or increase compatibility or what? Thats all i wanna know, thanx. :1964:

These Kinds Of Questions some People can deal with...

supergamer said:
I like to test software.

If Schibo reads this: Can you send me a test version please?

These Questions are what make people Mad... No Beta Requests.. :plain2:

OP
Gamer123

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
Well...any info about the next release? Im figuring that theres not much to do since 8.5 has been doing very well.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
my guess is that the guys are taking a lil break after the huge amounts of testing/work that went into the previous release. when schibo and rice have something new they went to show everyone im sure they will, they've usually been happy to show the progress in the past. just be patient :)

Natus

what could they really improve upon though??

1964 has great compatibility, and is hella fast ...

suggestions anyone?

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
Natus said:
what could they really improve upon though??

1964 has great compatibility, and is hella fast ...

suggestions anyone?
Many things. One thing they could fix is the compatibility issues with the audio plugins. Another thing is that they could fix some of the core issues with some games
Examples:
Banjo-Kazooie (-framerate)
Zelda OoT (subscreen delay)
DK64 (timing issues)
Pokemon Snap (-contros -photos)

conkerman

conkerman
i doubt any audio updates will be in the next version as azimer, who is responsible for the audio plugin and who is THE sound man (and apollo guy), has taken a short break due to L33T beggers and complainers. so, probably speed and graphics improvements. maybe more compatability. i dont think that there's anything else left...
conkerman

OP
Gamer123

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
Didnt you hear? Azimer is done with n64 emulation for good. He gave Schibo the source to his audio plugin. Its schibo who is working the audio plugin now.

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
I reckon the audio will be almost perfect with the next release because Schibo can now integrate and optimise the core with relation with the sound plugin. Well lets hope.
Honestly there really cant be much fixed (like already said). THe only thing that could be improved is the graphics plugins which the next release cant improve (the 1964 one could though or rice's ) who knows?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I dunno about jabo's sound...it was quite unstable in 1964. The reason of why they removed it. And aside from that, azimer's sound works perfecly on 1964.