What's new

My Sound is Skipping!!! can anyone help?

tttttggggg

Somebody Please help me!! My sound keeps skipping, and the games just aren't as fun without sound!! Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you!!

Remote

tttttggggg said:
Somebody Please help me!! My sound keeps skipping, and the games just aren't as fun without sound!! Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you!!

Where, when, what... :p All games? What computer do you have and what plugins are you using, and which version of 1964?

OP
T

tttttggggg

I think all games. I know its at least Conkers BFD and Majoras Mask. I have a windows xp and i am finding out what plugins I am using and such.

supergamer

Banned
no sound skip

Hi,

Use an audio plugin like azimers audio v 0.13 and use at the multimedia screen (at my computer/configuratiescherm (I don't know the english name because I am dutch) and choose at multimedia none.

Any more questions, please mailto [email protected]

supergamer...

OP
T

tttttggggg

I am using version 0.8.5 and all the plugins that haven't worked are zimars, jabos direct sound1.4, BasicAudioPlugin 2.0 for 1964 and Azimers Audio v0.30 (old Driver).

supergamer

Banned
Yes, it's horrible to play a game with bad sound!

While playing the game use ctrl + (a number 1-8) and the speed will change. Maybe it will help.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Please state your specs.
And use azimer's 0.3, the best currently fast sound plugin out there.
The basic is lle, as is jabo's, so they're slow.

Elantri_X

Try defragmenting and use different settings on your video resolution... A good setup to test is
Video:
Jabo's D3d7 1.40
In Window mode: 320x240
Frame buffer type: Double buffer flip (fiddle until the video is smooth at 57-60 VI/s)

Audio:
Azimer's v0.30
Buffer size: 4 points less (change this until u can hardly hear the skipping) <- this depends heavly on your video's refresh rate, if the video cant refresh as fast as the audio. Then your game's sound will skip.

This is what i configurated on my computer, that is running at 800x600. I only got into N64 Emulators 2 days ago, so correct me if im wrong.

System specs:
Athlon XP 1700
256MB SDRAM (Recommanded DDR)
60GB HD
Geforce 2 MX 400

crummy

I think I have the same problem.

I'm on a duron 800, 256mb SDRAM, and a geforce4 ti4200. I find it impossible to run PD smoothly. PJ64 gets about 30fps, and 1964 gets about 50fps. Playable, but the sound is really bad.

schibo

Emulator Developer
If you have a decent (meaning faster) system, this will give you good sound:

- Use Basic Audio 2 plugin for 1964
- Enable RSP
- In RSP settings, make sure that "Send Audio Lists to audio plugin" is unchecked.