What's new

Mario Party and Banjo Kazooie (v0.8.5)

Cadex

I'm a new 1964 user and amazed at how compatible, stable, and fast it is! But I do have some compatability problems to report with a couple games. Sorry if this is kinda long and noob-ish.

1. Mario Party 1 - listed as "Playable!" but only works for me with Daedalus plugin. Jabo 1.5 causes the game to stutter a lot and some mini-games cause it to freeze, such as Mario Bandstand.

2. Mario Party 1 - some mini-games have graphics problems (using Jabo or Daedalus) that make them hard to play, such as 2v2 Bobsled and Mine Race and 1v3 Bowling. Basically the screen doesn't refresh properly. Or can these be fixed by changing frame-buffer/z-buffer settings?

3. Banjo Kazooie - listed as "Playable! (use Jabo 1.4)" but no matter which graphics plugin I use, it crashes occasionally. Jabo 1.5 makes it look a lot better for me than Jabo 1.4. Also Banjo Kazooie freezes if I select the second option in the in-game Start menu.

4. Also does anyone know how to best simulate analog-stick rotation for Mario Party or 1080 Snowboarding, using the keyboard or mouse? The best I can figure out is N-Rage plugin with the mouse. Increasing range/mouse sens doesn't seem to help much.

My specs:
Intel P4 1.8 GHz
256 MB RAM
GeForce3 Ti200

1964 0.8.5
Jabo D3D6 1.5 (1024x768 res, 32-bit, Triple Buffer)
Azimar Audio 0.3 (default settings)
N-Rage Input 1.81a (default settings /w mouse)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The mario party games are, afaik, known issues. Scroll back to an old plugin of jabo's (1.3?) to fix some freezing i think. Or you'll just have to change core...don't really remember.

To your 4th question:
A) Get an adaptoid.
B) Use N-rage's with mouse.

OP
C

Cadex

Oops, the Banjo-Kazooie in-game menu crash was caused by the (mislabeled) bad dump rom I was using. I replaced it with a GoodN64 verified one and now just have graphics glitches. I won't make that mistake again...

Anyone please post your graphics plugin/settings here if you got Mario Party 1 to work completely, ie. all mini-games.

Doomulation - Thanks. I probably will get an Adaptoid eventually...

co_p3rth

Emu Lover
well, im using 1964 v0.8.5
and using jabo's1.5 or 1.4 plugins
with azimer audio plugins

and it works fine, and im using the default rom settings
oh one more thing, if u use jabo's 1.4 plugins one of the display settings uhm... i forgot the name of the setting, but it's below the recompiler or interpreter options

the default is "autodetect" <---change it to "internal"
that should solve some of the split monitor minigame :p but not all
it's all fixed on jabo's 1.5 plugin tho :plain:

OP
C

Cadex

CoDeX - You're right... I guess you'll have to pick a new one! ;)

co_p3erth - Using Jabo's fixes the split screen problems but the Mario Bandstand mini-game still crashes. :cry: I'll stick with Daedalus.

co_p3rth

Emu Lover
.... that's weird tho :plain:
coz i never crash when using those plugins with 1964

with ur nice system spec, why don't u try using pj64 v1.5 ??
i think it'll run nicely on ur system :p