What's new

Goldeneye Mouse Support

kingjubba

Digital Designer
Goldeneye 007 is a superb FPS for the N64, however emulating it has proven to be a bit of a problem for the standard keyboard and mouse users. I've tested Goldeneye on 1964, SupraHLE, UltraHLE, Nemu64 and of course Project 64. Out of all of them Project 64 comes out on top. (on my computer)

To use a mouse you have to download N-Rage's D-Input plugin ( http://go.to/nrage ) It took me a while configuring the controls to set-up the mouse and get the aiming user-friendly. It now operates like a normal PC FPS.

I have attached my control setup file (.cpf file) so if you haven't set it up already, then you can save a bit of time.

The .zip contains a readme file which i suggest you read so you are familiar with the setup that i used.
-------------------------------------------------------------
I know most people here already know about the mouse support, but i just thought I'd share my config for the people who need it.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy!

Last edited:

amused_one

I don't suppose it is possible to put use the absolute x and y to make aiming easier without screwing up the walking mode?

Allnatural

I don't suppose it is possible to put use the absolute x and y to make aiming easier without screwing up the walking mode?
You'll need to create a modifier so that the absolute x,y setting will only be active when the 'aim' button is held down.

Iconoclast

Goldeneye 007 is a superb FPS for the N64, however emulating it has proven to be a bit of a problem for the standard keyboard and mouse users. I've tested Goldeneye on 1964, SupraHLE, UltraHLE, Nemu64 and of course Project 64. Out of all of them Project 64 comes out on top. (on my computer)

1964 emulates this game better than all of those. It's not that its default graphics plugin does, it's just that its core does. You need to give it a substitute graphics plugin, like Rice's Video Plugin. Furthermore, 1964 already comes with this input plugin you write of.

The reason you thought Project64 was the best, like most people, was because of the graphics plugin. If it weren't for that plugin, so much would be different. If there was no such thing as friendship and teamwork, a lot with emulation would be different. 1964 would be more buggy than it is now, Nemu64 wouldn't be reknowned for its audio emulation, and I don't know if Project64 would ever have been invented.

And then there's the mystery of Mupen64....

EDIT: Also, a link.
http://members.chello.at/n-rage/dinput8/index.html

Last edited:

GE Master

You know, they should sticky this thread. How many different people asking about setting this up. Great job and a big help!

andwan0

Goldeneye 007 is a superb FPS for the N64, however emulating it has proven to ....
Can you update your config for N-Rate V2 2.00b please :)

Also, when we use Solitaire configuration within game, the YELLOW UP/DOWN don't jump or crouch anymore. Anyone know how to resolve this?

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
1964 emulates this game better than all of those. It's not that its default graphics plugin does, it's just that its core does.

That's because it's more core-heavy than others and benefits from a higher end CPU and emulated Nintendo 64 OC. (See 1964 Ultra Fast in another thread)

With a 2.4 Ghz CPU, still many transient lags. Even at 3.0, I expect some transient lags. Seems that for Goldeneye, it's a whopping 4.0 Ghz+ for recommended CPU!

Even Perfect Dark isn't this demanding, Perfect Dark was real nice on a T-bird 1.3 Ghz, when I played Perfect Dark in 2002.

Conker's Bad Fur Day was virtually perfect at only 900 Mhz. (Seems to be roughly the same as The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.)

I didn't even need 1.0 Ghz for Conker's Bad Fur Day when I played it. So, it would be a piece of cake on a laptop CPU...

Last edited:

BarfDonkey

Wow awesome, I did not know I could use my mouse with the emulator. I have been using arrow keys all this time with Golden Eye that has been a pain in the sphincter.
I have just barely managed to complete the campaign on easy mode with auto aim on.

But this is great now I can do hard mode and it makes a lot of other games more easy. thanks everyone :D