What's new

Unable to Play Yoshi's Story Rom

g00beRz

Peej
I have the Yoshi's story rom for 1964 but I cannot get it to work. I get the first screen and the main screen, but it is unplayable.

When attempted to play, It is psychedelic in appearance and every move is repeated on the screen and you can't see the background.

Can anyone help me out? is it the plugin or what. I am so lost.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Again

1. RTFM
2. RTFAQ
3. Post your specs and the plugins that you are using please

OP
g00beRz

g00beRz

Peej
Uuuhhmmm I dont get the abbr. and stuff. and what is a spec? I am sorry i am so clueless

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Translation:

1. Read the Manual
2. Read The FAQ (Frequent Asked Questions)
3 Post your computer specifications (Processor, Graphic Card, RAM, etc)

OP
g00beRz

g00beRz

Peej
Ok i read the manual. and the FAQ

Pentium 3 800 mHz
128 RAM
Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller

Microsoft Windows 98
Second Edition
4.10.222A

Intel HaM Data Fax Voice

C-Media PCI Audio Legacy Device

EL-56 Quad CD Rom drive

20 Gig Intel Hard disk

Valek

n00b - uh, g00b, trust me, you aren't missing anything. yoshi's story sucks. And besides, you wouldn't be able to run it very fast with that integrated crap card of yours anyway.

co_p3rth

Emu Lover
u can run it by using :
unofficial daedalus plugins rel. 3
or
jabo's d3d plugins 1.5
dunno bout ur gfx card tho :plain:

Last edited:

FAR

First Person Shooter
use Pj64 1.5.
Yoshi runs on it well and you will be sorry if you don't give it a try

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Use BOTH. They both have their own issues.
And bestligon, a hint for you,
if one does not know what "RTFM" or "RTFAQ" means, then they haven't read THIS, which is necessary and essential to all emutalk members!

Tell them that next time ;)

OP
g00beRz

g00beRz

Peej
I am such a moron :p Ok i will do all that stuff and read that thing. I am sorry i am a noobie :( I don't know nothing. lol

OP
g00beRz

g00beRz

Peej
Ok i tried the Daedalus one and the jabo one but the daedalus one dont work. the screen is just black and the jabo one that you said to use kinda works but it keeps coming up with a microcode error thing and makes me manually configure it only to get the starting screen and the main screen with all the options. the yoshi select screen does not show up and when i play it, it looks really freaky and has no background. :plain:

Doomulation

Get latest 1964, get pj 1.5 and copy the plugins to the 1964 folder.
Need jabo's 1.5 for yoshi's story to work.
And use the unofficial deadalus plugin rel. 3 (bundled with 1964) for the daedalus plugin.

supergamer

Banned
I know, Yoshi has some problems with playing. Some roms doesn't work. Try to download a newer version of the rom (my yoshi's story rom doesn't work too, it's a bad rom)

Doomulation

supergamer, that is an issue that was in previous versions of the plugin. It would help for it to be a good rom, though.

supergamer

Banned
It still doesn't work. The Ucode isn't supported. 1964 version 0.85 doesn't support my version of the rom (no emulator supports my version). Some in the ini are 2 yoshi's playable and one isn't. This is my version. I'll try to download another version and you'll hear..

RJA

The PC Wiz
DirectX 8.1 *required*

The Daedalus gfx plugin *requires* DirectX 8.1, because
of the DirectX 8 features it uses.

If you have DirectX 8.0, you will get a black screen.

Apperently, it's because DirectX 8.0 was actually not
complete, despite it was out of beta stages.

GreyAlien

My version of yoshi's story works fine when its in a window mode no slowdown or nothing both on 1964 and pj 1.5 but when it goes fullscreen it slows down really slow and seems worse on 1964 any suggestions other then playing it in a window.......