What's new

Rules - Read This First

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Removed - Read Updated Rules
I have updated (and relaxed a bit) the rules and unstuck these ones. There is now a new rules thread at the top of this forum

This is a warning to all those "would be" spammers out there, as of today, October 22 2002, I (and the other moderators) will no longer tolerate off topic posts, spam, or other stuff not related to Tech Talk in this forum. This has been discussed amongst the staff at Emutalk and I have decided to take the initiative. I'm proud to say Tech Talk doesnt usually have this problem but I'm ensuring it stays that way.

The topics of this forum is as follows:
Hardware/Software News
Hardware/Software Troubleshooting
Hardware/Software Tweaking
General Computer Questions
Programming Questions/Troubleshooting
Console Hardware/Software Troubleshooting (Not Emulation)

Examples of subjects that are not topics of this forum:
Spam or other complete nonsense
Requesting Illegal Material
Bashing, Flaming, or otherwise demeaning ANYBODY
Emulation
Emulator Troubleshooting
Image Editing
Gaming (except for troubleshooting)

All the above topics are either not allowed on EmuTalk or should be posted in another forum on EmuTalk. Topics not allowed in this forum are not limited to the above list.

Moderators may add to these lists by editing the original post as they see fit. The above rules are subject to change without notice as deemed nescessary by the moderators.

Note that there is ZERO tolerance for those in red.

Removed - Read Updated Rules

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Tri-Force said:
why no programing troubleshooting or questions?

agreed, as well as image editing, because though I probably wont ever ask anything like that here, both of those are rarely discussed topics, and are pretty technical.

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
Tri-Force said:

Most of the programmers are in the Emu Coding forum or the Plugins forum.

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
AlphaWolf said:
Tri-Force said:

agreed, as well as image editing, because though I probably wont ever ask anything like that here, both of those are rarely discussed topics, and are pretty technical.

Image editing is more of a Website Corner or Logo topic.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
SON OF A. . .my bad. i misread the rules and then mis typed. i was thinking that you meant no PROGRAM questions not programING. never mind. makes sense. however still if someone has a question about c++ that has nothing to do with Emu coding then shouldn't it be placed here?

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
Well the Emu Coding forum was created (i think) for the express purpose of programming. The fact that its called "Emu" Coding is misleading.

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
Actually, I'm going to remove the Programming rule and put it on the ok list. I've realized that while Emus are usually coded in C++, there are other programming languages that people need help with.

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
Ive updated these rules, this thread has been unstuck. I felt these ones were old and outdated and a little too strict. I posted these ones back when we were having a lot of trouble keeping the garbage out of the threads (and there were only 2 mods at the time), I dont believe we have this problem any more so I dont think we have the need for such extreme measures. This is probably a long overdue step now ;) You may wish to look over the new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.