What's new

Need help choosing a Good MediaPlayer

Olger901

Banned
Hi guys I need help getting a good media player. Can any1 advise me anyones. I don't want the MS one since I am Anti MS

Also for MSN I replaced it with Trillian
Java Managment I replaced it with Sun Java
Outlook Express has been replaced by Mozilla Mail
and Internet Explorer has been replaced with Mozilla.
But what would be a good mediaplayer. Currently installed is Winamp 3 and Realplayer 8. But they can't play all formats (most of them do work though)

Pls help me makin a good choice

L

Lachp30

Winamp is probably one of the best, I really cant think of anything else that has as much compatability..

Snake785

Prepare for Descent.
Winamp 2.81 (It's faster than WA 3 and it can play all of the formats 3 supports I think, through the use of Input plugins of course). :D

iq_132

Banned
Well...
If you like Microsoft Windows Media Player 6.4 (Classic), but hate MS, you'll love Media Player Classic (Freeware) (360 kb) and it plays quite a few more formats than WMP.
http://vobsub.edensrising.com/mpc.php

You're using Mozilla olger? I'd suggest Phoenix. It's the same Mozilla base with less bloat and it's twice as fast.

crhylove

Banned
bsplay. bsplay plays divx, etc VERY well. but it's only for vid/audio. for audio, winamp 2.81 all the way. it's just the best out there.

also if you have a tv card try dscaler.
it took me months to find that, but it RULES!!

peace.
rhy

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
ra5555 said:
I use Windows Media Player 9 beta... do you guys think that is good?

its gay if you ask me, by downloading that, you more or less agree to let microsoft control what content you have on your PC.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I am speaking to you as one peer to another peer,

/me steps on ra5555's foot twice

when I say "go get the full version".

Vchat20

Wel, i use WMP9 too. I have winamp 2 installed also. But i like WMP9. Its still in beta but i like it. I originally got it because it could play shoutcast streams. But i use Trillian for messengers. Winamp i mainly use for encoding WMA files or broadcasting shoutcast. WMP9 is really good though. even though its MS, i still say go with that. Plus add the fact that. when youre online, if you play a CD it automatically fillsin the CD info and downloads the cover picture. I like that part alot myself.

iq_132

Banned
Vchat20 said:
I originally got it because it could play shoutcast streams.
Winamp Does that.

Vchat20 said:
But i use Trillian for messengers.
Good choice :)

Vchat20 said:
WMP9 is really good though. even though its MS, i still say go with that. Plus add the fact that. when youre online, if you play a CD it automatically fillsin the CD info and downloads the cover picture. I like that part alot myself.
There are a lot of freeware media players that do that too.

Vchat20

Well. im still sticking with WMP9. Besides, I like the SRS WOW capability. throws out the need for surround sound in the most part. BTW, if anyone knows about an SRS WOW plugin you can add to windows directly so that everything audio is SRS WOW enabled? Like for DirectX or something?

iq_132

Banned
There are dsp plugins for winamp 2.x...
I think there's a surround sound one if I remember correctly...