What's new

God - Not this question AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
OK yet again I turn to Emutalk for answers!

Here is my case - I have 300 pounds! and am gonna finally replace my Dreamcast (RIP)

X-Box - The most powerful of the 3 - Built in harddrive and a Few peaches of games. Sega is supporting it well with Toejam and Earl and PD - Orta as well as Shenmue 2. and it now has the Banjo series!!! BUT IT ISN'T SELLING

GCN - Nintendos calibre of gaming is guaranteed with epic games like Mario - Star Fox Adventures! It is also likely to have sonic and eventually we will get DK. BUT IT ISN'T WELL SUPPORTED BY COMPANIES

PS2 - I hated the PSX but the PS2 is better! Gran Turismo is great and Tomb Raider will be excellent. But I just don't like Playstations!!!

So come on help me! What do I get!!!

Grant64

Jaz

Ex-Mod
This type of question is like asking us what football team, etc, you should support!

Whichever console has the games that YOU want to play, buy it!

You'll never get a definate answer from us bunch. :p

blizz

look at the list of games out and to be coming out tally up what you like the most, the system with the most wins, easy no?

Stezo2k

S-2K
well grant if u dont like ps' much & xbox sucks period, and most ppl being a n64 fan here, i sugest getting a GC

Stez

OP
Grant64

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
This is no joke I tallied the games i like and the games coming out and got a dead heat in honesty the PS2 has the mot promising future what does the cube promise - VF Quest looks promising (Huge Sega fan talking)

PS Stez I am too a DDR fan - I purchased the DDR : Euromix arcade for 900 quid!!! It is awesome. Can u do it on expert??? Do u have the PS games???

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Well if you have £300, you could either buy two new consoles, or look around and get all three second-hand for cheap.

/me got his PS2 for £100 when they were £300. ;)

(Long story, btw.. ;) )

Stezo2k

S-2K
well sega seem to be staying with the GC, so i expect some DC style games (and they were awesome:))

Thats awesome, i'd love a DDR machine. Yeah i can do it on expert (aka maniac) and i have these DDR games:

DDR 1 (JAP)
DDR 2 (JAP)
DDR 3 (JAP)
DDR 4 (JAP)
DDR 5 (JAP)
DDR Max (JAP, PS2)
DDR: Dreams come true (JAP)
DDR Club Mix 1 (JAP)
DDR Club Mix 2(JAP)
DDR Extra Mix (AKA Solo, Jap)
DDR Komamix (USA, Converted to PAL by me, and synched)
DDR USA
DDR Euromix (UK PAL)
DDR Tokimeki (JAP)
DDR Oha Station (JAP)
DDR Disney Mix (JAP)
DDR Disney Station (JAP, N64 ROM)
DDR True Kiss Destination (JAP)
DDR GBC1 (ROM)
DDR GBC2 (ROM)
DDR GBC3 (ROM)
DDR for PC
Stepmania (DDR Max Sim for pc, 100% like the arcade, www.stepmania.com)

I'll be also getting Max (USA), Euromix 2 (Ps2, PAL), Max 2 (JAP, PS2), Dancing Stage Party as soon as they come out.

My fave DDR song has to be: B4U: Glorious Style (5th Mix)

Stez

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
i know, i collect em mostly, mostly use em for practice for the the arcade. But have u ever played it? its the most addictive game i've played, and i always get loads a fit ladies watching me when im playin' euromix 2 at my local arcade :)

All i need to complete my collection is the DC versions of club mix and 2nd mix :) trouble is they are rare to find, ill have to look for a copied version :devil:

Stez

Last edited:

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Stezo2k said:
i know, i collect em mostly, mostly use em for practice for the the arcade. But have u ever played it? its the most addictive game i've played, and i always get loads a fit ladies watching me when im playin' euromix 2 at my local arcade :)

People who play it in the arcade look like right nobjockey's. Especially the ones who know what they are doing. ;)

*cough*

Stezo2k

S-2K
lol thanx, i think its a pretty cool feeling gettin loads a ppl watchin ya (especially ladies my age:))and claping after :) anyways im off to catch some z's

night

Stez

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I would get a PS2 if you want to maximize what games you can play, it HAS everything, its GETTING everything. Xbox if you want the best graphics, and are willing to wait for its better titles to show.

iq_132

Banned
The PS2's amount of games surely puts it ahead of the rest, but the X-box has to be second. It does have, and will have, some great emulation stuff out for it and will probably be heavily modded.
The Gamecube is a distant third. It has few games, probably won't be too aweful great for emulation.

*I didn't finish my sentence...*

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
yeah, $200 for a mame cabinet that also plays modern day games isn't bad...or to top that, n64/psx games in 800x600 on an hdtv. Having that hard drive in it makes things pretty convenient.

crhylove

Banned
i'd have to say xbox, but most of you will read that as flamebait.

here's why: (though most of you fanboys won't even read this.)

the simple fact is, gameplay on the ps2 sucks. i've played a variety of games on it, and enjoyed ZERO. i've played many of the same titles and other titles on an xbox and loved them.

gamecube has like 2 games worth buying ATM, and may have more, but how on earth can you tell at this time? the bulk of good nintendo titles arent' out yet.

i'd say the "safe bet" is the gamecube, and the smart bet is the xbox. the lazy bet who likes to vote for the currently leading candidate goes for ps2.

but hey, if you MUST own a console, you should steal it. ALL 3 corporations are INHERENTLY evil in the bulk of their transactions and support DRM. so i wouldn't give a one of them a F*$king DIME.

Hell i'd probably get physically violent on an employee of any of the 3 companys if i knew one.

rhy

Acorn

I'll go with upgrade yer PC :)

From my experince (sp?) though, gamecube would be the way to go. I don't hate microsoft, I don't love microsoft. I've got something againt Playstation but I'll get to that in a moment. Xbox doesn't offer the types of games I would play, and the controller sucks (tm). At times, it has trouble simply loading things. On the other hand, it has good features, very expandable (we already proved multiple times console expansion just looses money though), and the graphics are the second best. PS2 deff has the best graphics, hands down. Decent load times, but under gamecube for the most part (hard to compare since none of the games I was in contact with were on any two systems). Gameplay rocks, and the controller is the best of the three. By far. Waaaaaaaay far. I hates PSOne because it took away a few titles that belonged to PC. PS2, FFX is awsome. Everything you load on it looks great, and a lot have good gameplay. This system is deff the most developed for. *most* as in numbers. Gamecube has a pretty poor controller (when will they learn I want my hand to go around it, not feel like I'm trying to palm a beach ball!!). Games are the best - few above PS2 few below, but they play sooooo well.

Ok, my creditentials: I don't own any of these systems. I spend a lot of time at my cousins however, and am/was in daily contact with the systems. All three. Damn rich bastards. Played on a HDTV, so none of the artificial 1/2 of the picture missing missing blur it and it looks cool effect.

Note: Specs are not the end thing to look at... specs are not games, gameplay, or even how good it looks. Specs are potential, and nothing more.

Xbox: Most of the potential in many areas. Worst games. (How can we phrase this.... no console was bad... they were all cool).

PS2: FFx alone makes it worth it.... Damn that was awsome :) You can tell what I spent the most time on..

Gamecube: Best overall games, preformance (not equaling speed or graphics, but the way games run).

Basicly, the tally up the games and see which one wins is the way to go. BUT only tally the games you would actually BUY (not just think are cool) and give them a rating 1-10 or whatever. Assuming there is no specific game you just have to have, the most points is the one to look into deeper. Yea, I'm poor, I think and dream a lot before I buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.