What's new

Some JDoom shots

Valek

same here. 65+ fps at 1280x960x16, full detail and high-res textures. GOD the cyberdemon looks good in 3d :)

EDIT: omg bagg, you use a crosshair?! pussy :)

Last edited:

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
Re: ok, someone needs to make a detailed faq.

crhylove said:
like on smiff's site, as to how to put all the new eye candy into doom and get those frame rates....

i've messed with it (for several hours over a 56k), but i'd just like a fast simple way to upgrade all my doom wads, and get maximum eye candy....

is jdoom the way to go or legacy? or one of the many cool gpl ones? what's the best gameplay:eye candy ratio? etc.?

is there a site with this info already?

rhy
hey dude, if you got the iwads than just download this file
it includes the doomsday engine w/drivers for: jdoom, jhexen, and jheretic.
i prefer doomsday over legacy cause its lets you un-cap the frame rate, plus it has one of the best control panels ive seen (with sweet options).

'been playin hexen (one of my favorites)
100% of all the textures in the game redone (all 4x the original size w/ pre-renderd bumpmaps). looks freakin awsome, i just cap my framerate at 75 and ive never seen it drop.

Last edited:

Valek

Um, I use mouselook as well, and I also turn auto-aim off. having a cursor makes the game too easy - even easier than it allready is /:

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
Valek said:
Um, I use mouselook as well, and I also turn auto-aim off. having a cursor makes the game too easy - even easier than it allready is /:
ok Mr. Hotshot
i turnd the shit off, you happy now.

nobody will own me in doom! hehe.

Valek

no I'm not happy, damnit! you beat a room filled with 16 cyberdemons using nothing but a pistol, THEN i'll be happy. lol

crhylove

Banned
nice sig, btw....

the question is, where are the high res textures? the 3d models? etc.?

is there a faq where i can just go step by step?

rhy

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
Re: nice sig, btw....

crhylove said:
the question is, where are the high res textures? the 3d models? etc.?

is there a faq where i can just go step by step?

rhy
just go to www.doomsdayhq.com for the files. and go to www.newdoom.com for any info you need.
im pretty sure someone already posted links to the doom II textures a while back in this same thread.

i cant say i really care for the 3D models tho. sure they look cool cause they're 3D and all. but they lack the detail and art style that made doom the kick ass game it was back in the day.

crhylove

Banned
cool, thnx....

(see this post right here is why i'd like to have the "quick reply" feature back.)

grrr.