What's new

The Gamecube List!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blizz

this got sent to me in an email so I'm not sure of the original source, but it turned up at another board and it was mentioned that it was from TNL

Legend of Zelda [Developer: EAD] February 2003
Well why not start off with Zelda? Despite all the controversy surrounding its new graphic style Zelda seems to have still maintained what made the series great to begin with and that is Excellent Gameplay. The doubters had to humble themselves when the game was shown at E32k2 in playable form and managed to bring home the Best Console Game Award besting out Mario and Metroid among other PS2 and Xbox big hitters.

1080: White Storm [Developer: NST] Q1 2003
1080 WS the sequel to the very popular N64 Snowboarding game is still on track for early release next year. After jumping ship from former Nintendo second part Left Field the game then landed in the hands of NST who is best known for the Wave Race sequel and is looking much better. With EAD keeping a much closer eye over the project White Storm will have no problem matching the standards set by its popular prequel.

Mario Kart Cube [Developer: EAD] TBA 2003
The immensely popular Mario Kart series is heading to Gamecube in a big way next year. Miyamoto is directing the game himself promising to bring something fresh and new to the fans of the series. Several credible sources even Miyamoto himself has hinted at this highly anticipated game being among the first online compatible Nintendo brand made games. Miyamoto has also dropped hints of Sega character cameos such as Sonic.

Mario Tennis, Mario Golf [Developer: Camelot] Q2 2003
Developer Camelot is set to bring back the popular Mario Tennis and Golf franchises from the N64 to Gamecube. Both games feature more characters and modes and of course, much improved graphics. Four player modes are standard but there are even rumors of online capabilities being added.

Camelot RPG [Developer: Camelot] TBA 2003
Camelot are the creators of the popular Golden Sun series on GBA and have backgrounds that include several Shining games for Sega before going Nintendo exclusive. Having extensive RPG backgrounds Camelot was announced to be working on a Gamecube RPG after Golden Sun was completed. Many suspect the game to be Golden Sun Cube that may connect with the GBA games but this is still unconfirmed.

Ikaruga [Developer: Treasure] Q1 2003
Ikaruga is a highly acclaimed Japanese Action Shooter made by the highly acclaimed Treasure. Although this is an enhanced port, the Dreamcast incarnation never left Japan but Gamecubes version is coming stateside and Europe. Nothing I say about this game would do justice to the awesome job Frogacuda did in previewing it so just click on his name and away you go to find out about one of the best shooters ever made.

Giftopia [Developer: Skip Ltd./Nintendo] TBA 2003
Skip is a new RPG focused company headed by Ken-ichi Nishi, whos team worked on Chrono Trigger and Mario RPG. Giftopia is about homicide, mystery, betrayal, and suspense. It was supposed to be revealed at E3 but slipped and will probably debut at another show sometime this year. The original date was scheduled for late 2002 but has now obviously slipped to early 2003. Nintendo is the publisher.

Too Human [Developer: Silicon Knights] TBA 2003
Too Human is the second Gamecube project from Nintendo's newly acquired second party Silicon Knights the makers of the highly acclaimed Eternal Darkness. Too Human made its debut at E399 and was originally a 4 disk PSX game but was scrapped and is now being made from the ground up on Gamecube using an advanced ED graphics engine. The game is an action/adventure with RPG elements with a futuristic setting. Gameplay elements involved are said to be part MGS2, part Shadowrun, and part Zelda. Now that ED is finished Silicon Knights full attention should be getting Too Human out before 2004.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicle [Developer: Square/GDS] March 2003
Yes Square is back. They may be under the guise of a Nintendo Subsidiary named GDS but Square franchises are finally back on Nintendo systems. The first game to surface is a four player Action/RPG Final Fantasy game titled Crystal Chronicle that will link up to the Gameboy Advance version of the same game. Drastically different from any other FF title GDS is trying something new and a little off the path than the standard turn based FMV FF fair Sony fans are use too.

Starfox Armada [Developer: Namco]
Starfox Armada is the official sequel to the N64 game Starfox 64 being jointly handled by Nintendo and the highly acclaimed Ace Combat team at Namco. This will be one of the first games utilizing the Gamecube Arcade board named Triforce. This is only the first of many other planned Namco Triforce games that will all surely appear on Gamecube as well. Linkable features between the Gamecube and Arcade version are likely as this is one of the added features of the Triforce board.

OP
blizz

blizz

Tales of Phantasia II [Developer: Namco]
This is the spiritual sequel to the wonderfully developed Japanese RPG for Super Nintendo. It never made it to America but it was a very addictive and at the time very innovative RPG incorporating a real-time battle system on a 2D flat plane similar to the popular Tales of Destiny Spin off for psx. This sequel seems to be something different and evolved from the prequel using a real time 3D graphics engine and Cel-shaded character animations. Being made by Tri-Ace the creators of the original expect TOPII to be just as fun and addictive but more importantly to come overseas.

Baten Kaitos [Developer: Namco]
Namco will be developing a brand new, completely original RPG for GameCube. This new title will feature a new battle system of some form as well as lots of characters in a fantasy setting. According to a Namco higher-up, the game will be exclusive to the GameCube and the company plans on turning it into one of its big three RPGs, standing next to the Tales series and Xenosaga
The games name was later revealed by IGNCube to be called Baten Kaitos in Japan and will be revealed either late this year or early next year. Xenosaga team was all I needed to here to become excited and you should too if you have ever played their RPGs.

F-Zero AC[Developer: Sega/Amusement Vision]
Another Nintendo collaboration being headed by the experienced Sega team Amusement Vision F-Zero AV will be the other debuting Triforce Arcade game alongside Namco's Starfox Armada. AV is the mind behind Monkey Ball, Planet Harriers, and Daytona and are one of the more consistently talented Sega teams. Linkable features between the Gamecube and Arcade version of the game are confirmed and a possible track editor has been hinted at where you can upload newly made tracks and cars into the arcade version.

Virtua Fighter Quest [Developer: Sega/AM2] Q2 2003
This is the Virtua Fighter 10 Anniversary game being created by the series creator as a tribute to Virtua Fighters long standing popularity among gamers all around the world. Revealed at Sega’s Game Jam earlier this year VFQ is an Action/Adventure with RPG growth elements not unlike Suzuki's other brainchild Shenmue. The Game will feature every character to ever appear in the Virtua Fighter Series and will debut in Japan Second Quarter 2003.

Skies of Arcadia Legend [Developer: Sega/Overworks]
SoA Legend is an enhanced port of the Dreamcast classic. Among the graphical enhancements, SOAL will include extra characters, enemies, ships, and quests. Overworks is developing the upgrade themselves as it was first thought to be an outside company. The PS2 version was recently cancelled so they could concentrate on the upgraded Gamecube version, which is now the only one being made.

OP
blizz

blizz

Resident Evil 4 [Developer: Capcom] TBA 2003
EGM: What can we look foward to in RE0 and RE4?
HK: Zero will be a duly evolved RE titles. It will feature two main chracters, and you can change from on to the other during the game. That's a new feature. We also added more movining backrounds than we did for RE. You'll see new creatures and other elements evolved from the previous RE games. It will be a pure, beefed-up version of RE. On the other hand, we are wroking on RE4 to be something beyond gamers' imaginations. It's gonna be 'fully overhauled.' That's all i can say about it for now. You can probably imagine RE Zero, what it's gonna be like and how the game will be played. But you can't imagine RE4.

This is all that is known about RE4 straight from the horses mouth and that doesn't peek your interest in the RE series again then nothing will.

Project Devil [Developer: Capcom]
This is one of the Capcom games from Mikami’s R&D4 division being headed by Hideki Kamiya who is best known as the director of Devil May Cry and to a lesser extent RE2. He left the DMC2 project to work on his own original Gamecube game now revealed to be shown at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show. Here is a quote from him concerning the new project. "I'm working hard night and day on a new project with a new staff. A new hero just as strong as Dante is now running around in our monitors and I think we'll be able to introduce you this character very soon.

Thanks to all the people who loved DMC. Goodbye Dante, we'll see you again someday when you come back even stronger. And please look .

Mr. Kato's Project [Developer: Capcom]
This is the other game from Mikami’s R&D4 division being headed by Hiroyoshi Kato who is best known as the director of Code Veronica. Like Kamiya's game it will be adult oriented and will be exclusive to Gamecube. Here is the original interview from Nintendo Dream where Mikami himself confirmed these two projects. Mikami then spoke of two original projects coming for the GameCube. Devil May Cry director Hideki Kamiya stepped away from Devil May Cry 2 development and is apparently developing an original GameCube title. Hiroyoshi Kato, the director behind Resident Evil: Code Veronica is developing the second original R&D4 GameCube title scheduled for release in early Spring 2003.

Cas Ra [Developer: Capcom] TBA 2003
This is the RE creator Shinji Mikami's personal Gamecube project that he announced himself earlier this year. It is said to be an Action/Adventure and has supposedly been in development since September of last year. It is also rumored to contain RPG elements not unlike Zelda but only Mikami himself truly knows. Again this is one of the three secret Capcom games made by Mikami's R&D4 division that will release next year so hopefully we will attain more info on this game and the other two very soon.

Megaman EXE Transmission[Developer: Capcom] TBA 2003
click here for a movie of the game.

Also soon to be announced are the RPG's that will come from Enix+Nintendo. Genius Sonority which is a new Enix Nintendo Subsidiary headed by Manabu Yamana the leading programmer from the Dragon Quest series. This new company is the equivalence to Enix that GDS is to Square they will be allowed to use Enix franchises but everything they make will be Gamecube or GBA exclusive.

In this Namco Interview with one of the Ace Combat Developers at the recent ECTS he revealed that Namco does indeed have more collaboration projects with Nintendo still to come. Also at ECTS a Square Representative enthusiastically confirmed that they were indeed working on more Gamecube projects when asked if anything besides FFCC was under development for Gamecube answering "Positively!"

This is the end of my article but keep in mind that this is all we know about so far. Last E3 Miyamoto stated that the reason why they did not show too many new developments was because they wanted to concentrate on the games that come out this year and went on to say that next E3 would showcase pratically all new projects that are being kepts secret still. So I am sure that as for all consoles for everygame that slips until 2004 there will be an equally satisfying game to replace it.

Now who still thinks GC has nothing after Zelda?

they've missed out on EAD's Donkey Kong, GameCube Wars Online, the Pikmin sequel and Pokemon Online, among other games which are no brainers

Stezo2k

S-2K
whoa, and i thought gamecube wouldnt take off that well, i got one myself, and i aint got many games, but its a pretty gr8 console :) those games sound awesome, especially SOA2, Mario kart cube, Resident Evil4, TOP2, Virtua Fighter quest, Starfox & Final fantasy Crystal Chronicles :) Can't wait :)

Stez

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Hm, Too Human and Ikaruga are probably the games I would be waiting for. All of the others aren`t possessing any interest to me.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
when i see that list.. i feel it's about time for me to work more on my own company and make more money.. or else i ain't going to be able to eat.. because i am buying even if i have to starv to death and play out on the street!..

CRi{]v[}iNaL

i still can't belive that nintendo is stupid enough to not put out games like mario kart, f-zero, starfox during their launch, not 2 years after when they're selling shit because they only had 2- 4 good games. didnt they know that ps2 had games, twisted metal, devil may cry, FFX, GTA 3, gt3, onimusha, etc., out already. they didnt understand that the ps2 owned the market and 5 good games wasnt going to take it from the ps2

Rocketman_mab

RatTrap said:
you really should learn more about marketing :p..

No, the guy has a point. True the GC had to release when it did in order to compete with PS2 and XBOX, but you would think that they would know far enough in advance to make some good games right from the get go. When all the other Nintendo consoles where released the reason why anybody wanted them was there were great games to play with them. I was very surprised to find that when it released there was no Zelda or Mario games out with it. It kind of reminds me of the Dreamcast. Great graphics + not so great games = jack squat.

Slougi

blizz said:
Tales of Phantasia II [Developer: Namco]
This is the spiritual sequel to the wonderfully developed Japanese RPG for Super Nintendo. It never made it to America but it was a very addictive and at the time very innovative RPG incorporating a real-time battle system on a 2D flat plane similar to the popular Tales of Destiny Spin off for psx. This sequel seems to be something different and evolved from the prequel using a real time 3D graphics engine and Cel-shaded character animations. Being made by Tri-Ace the creators of the original expect TOPII to be just as fun and addictive but more importantly to come overseas.
If and when this makes it to Europe, I'll immediately buy a cube!

OP
blizz

blizz

Rocketman_mab said:
RatTrap said:
you really should learn more about marketing :p..

No, the guy has a point. True the GC had to release when it did in order to compete with PS2 and XBOX, but you would think that they would know far enough in advance to make some good games right from the get go. When all the other Nintendo consoles where released the reason why anybody wanted them was there were great games to play with them. I was very surprised to find that when it released there was no Zelda or Mario games out with it. It kind of reminds me of the Dreamcast. Great graphics + not so great games = jack squat.

what you just said applies to the X-Box, it's doing fuck all in Japan, and very little in Europe

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
"i still can't belive that nintendo is stupid enough to not put out games like mario kart, f-zero, starfox during their launch, not 2 years after when they're selling shit because they only had 2- 4 good games. didnt they know that ps2 had games, twisted metal, devil may cry, FFX, GTA 3, gt3, onimusha, etc., out already. they didnt understand that the ps2 owned the market and 5 good games wasnt going to take it from the ps2"
Er... someone want to point out that the PS2 *HAD* actually been out for a year minimum before ANY of those games were released for it..? Oh the irony. ;)
And as for the DC... that has some truly GREAT games available. Standard list? Oh... Ferrari (worth a DC and steering wheel alone perhaps), Sega Bass Fishing, PSO v1 and v2, Ecco, Shenmue 1+2, Jet Set/Grind Radio, Quake 3 (with mouse+keyboard), Crazy Taxi 1+2, Sonic Adventure 1+2, Metropolis Street Racer (*coughprojectgothamonxboxcough*), Sega Rally, Soul Calibur, THPS2, the better version of Soul Reaver, House of the Dead 2, Re:volt, and the supremely brilliant Virtua Tennis games - at least one of which challenges Tetris as most addictive thing ever. At this point, mentioning Samba De Amigo closes things all by itself. This is just the list I can remember off the top of my head.
So, DC. Just a few great games then, huh? :p

Josep

eyerun4phun
DC didn't have any good games?!

/me slaps whoever even thinks that

GC is obviously going to start owning the market, maybe ps2 had its time, but frankly, your going to see most of those new ps2 releases in japan. PS2 clearly is about out of its time, exclusive games are starting to drop with it, all the stinking mult-platform games for EVER system including gba will have games that ps2 has, and O WAIT look at GC, how many of those games will go on another console?

/me thinks near to none;)

o yea, x-box licks it right now, gawd awfull boring games, nothing that screams "this is the x-box, here me roar." More like "this is the computer you couldn't make or buy on your own, here me roar;)"

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Hey... watch it. You're getting drool all over that puddle of drool there. ;)
Can anyone post a similar list of XBox or PS2 games here..? Just to compare "must have" game volume and prove a well-worn point again.

crhylove

Banned
these are all good points, but you're missing the main underlying problem with all of these consoles: raw power. as long as people keep buying console games, they will be screwed out of having said games ported (which i'm sure would be easy) to the computer.

/me will always hate nintendo for not releasing smb3 on pc, when they weren't selling any more carts.

oh yeah, and one last thought: it does sound to me like nintendo will (once again) win the battle by sheer game quality, but DO NOT underestimate a company with 30 billion CASH in reserve, they could almost buy out nintendo outright. then what would you all say, huh?

and one more thought, until you all DEMAND games for linux and pirate/refuse to buy all the console games, all these corporations will continue their strangle hold on gamers and ridiculous $50 a game price gouging.

just a little politics mixed in with your golden calf corporation worship.

guns don't kill people,
people don't kill people,
lack of money kills people.

and corporations create a lack of money for the bulk of humanity on hundreds of levels.

rhy

Status
Not open for further replies.