What's new

The Gamecube List!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
I currently have no problem with the price of games. In Aus new games are generally around $AU80-100, and I think that's a reasonable price.

crhylove

Banned
fuel:

well remember raging fuel, that you are (living in australia) in the top 1% of wealthy people on the entire planet. as am i, here in the US, the real bummer(s) is/are for the vast bulk of humanity throughout other parts of the world (commonly known as the 3rd world). many people in many countries are ecstatic to own a NES and a few karts. much less have electricity. this is the underlying problem with our corporation run planet. whether YOU can afford a/many game(s) (and accompanying consoles) is not really that big of an issue when you think about it like that.

rhy

crhylove

Banned
alpha... LOL, your mojo got crossed with my mojo, smoke was coming out of their jubblies, and now we've got post-crossmojination! honestly vanessa it's true!

rhy

Macca

Alpha: If you are so anti-nintendo why do you come to these boards? you know emulation64 stands for the nintendo 64, just making sure you know that.

Stezo2k

S-2K
Rocketman_mab said:
Slougi said:
Rocketman_mab said:
It kind of reminds me of the Dreamcast. Great graphics + not so great games = jack squat.
xcuse me, dreamcast has no good games?

I guess it's a preference thing. DC just never impressed me. [/B]

try actually playing one with a few games......

Virtua Tennis/2002 - The best tennis game period

Shenmue 1/2 - Possibly the best game ever and the graphics are superb & its so realistic

Unreal - Think every1 knows this one, plays awesome online though, and even doesnt lag :) Also beats the PS2 version due to better graphics and online play

Phantasy Star Online - Possibly the best Online RPG ever

Resident Evil: Code veronica - Ok its out for the ps2 also, but it was out 1st on the DC, and probably has better graphics due to the Dc's AA advantage.

Crazy Taxi - Awesome game, also came out on the DC 1st, and was so popular it got ported to the Ps2 then the GC, Then the PC.

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 - Excellent Beat em up, dc exclusive, one of the best Capcom beat em ups to this date

House of the Dead 2 - Very addictive shoot em up :)

Sonic Adventure 2 - Pretty damn addictive platformer, must be good if they re released it for game cube.

Capcom Vs Snk 1/2 - CVS 1 was ok, also got ported to psx after the success of the Dc version. CVS 2 was superb one of the best beat em ups to this date, also got ported to the ps2.

Dead or alive 2 - Pretty damn addictive beat em up, was a Dc exclusive before they ported it to ps2

Dont forget the perfect speed on nearly all of the Snes roms on Dreamsnes 0.96/0.97. And the very fast NesterDC, and Bleem for dc which plays MGS, GT2, Tekken 3 perfect, way better than the ps2 can play 'em and with way better.

Do i need to name more?

Stez

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
crhylove, out of place as you obviously are with that in what is simply a release list - try looking at yourself and the world around you, realise that blaming everything on mega-corporations, industries and the government is pointless and tired, that nothing is down to just money, and realise this: people are idiots. People's day-to-day lives and idiocy kill people. Wiccan belief for you here, and it makes sense to listen. Evil isn't a corporation. Evil isn't organised, and sure as heck has nothing to do with the random acts of the individual, or the fact that people are poor. People do that themselves. But corporations and governments sure make convienient scapegoats. I'm willing to bet that the sniper currently causing havoc in the U.S. isn't doing it because he's pissed off with the price of games, or how much money he has. He's doing it because he's an idiot who got access to a gun. The U.S. needs to sort out its own problems - again caused through idiocy - before preaching to the rest of the world as it is.
If you're paying $50 for a game, you're being ripped off by the store - not corporate government evils. Go elsewhere and buy it. Simple as that.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
blizz said:
Tales of Phantasia II [Developer: Namco]
This is the spiritual sequel to the wonderfully developed Japanese RPG for Super Nintendo. It never made it to America but it was a very addictive and at the time very innovative RPG incorporating a real-time battle system on a 2D flat plane similar to the popular Tales of Destiny Spin off for psx. This sequel seems to be something different and evolved from the prequel using a real time 3D graphics engine and Cel-shaded character animations. Being made by Tri-Ace the creators of the original expect TOPII to be just as fun and addictive but more importantly to come overseas.

:inlove: O Boy, O Boy, O Boy, O Boy!

what do you mean spiritual sequel?

RatTrap

GODLIKE
Rocketman_mab said:
RatTrap said:
you really should learn more about marketing :p..

No, the guy has a point. True the GC had to release when it did in order to compete with PS2 and XBOX, but you would think that they would know far enough in advance to make some good games right from the get go. When all the other Nintendo consoles where released the reason why anybody wanted them was there were great games to play with them. I was very surprised to find that when it released there was no Zelda or Mario games out with it. It kind of reminds me of the Dreamcast. Great graphics + not so great games = jack squat.

no the guy has no point.. that's just it.. he just looks around.. and sees something.. and then oh.. this is how it is..

it's not that simple.. it's far more complicated and requires a whole lot of strategi..

1.. they needed a new machine.. and they had some games somewhat ready for it..

2.. they could'nt compete with the top-games of ps2..

3.. the sales of a new console is usually pretty big in japan if it's nintendo.. they are well known to be able to bring out new original good games.. this is THE home-entertainment company in japan.. nobody can compete against Nintendo over there..

4.. new GBA..

5.. simple marketing.. start slow.. wait till the other companies aren't doing as good.. and then BAM!.. play your best cards..

1+2+3+4 = their money wize covered untill their best cards are playable.. and also they'll sell alot of machines and create a market for themselfs so they can estimate how much effort they need to put into hyping up the best cards they will play next year..

5 = big hit.. big money.. big market.. + prepare to play the next batch of best cards..

explaind as simple as a card game.. but it's a whole lot more complicated in real life..

Rocketman_mab

1. They did need a new machine, but the games they chose to release right away weren't the best choice.

2. Maybe if they would've released better games they could've competed.

3. Well duh, that doesn't mean you make crappy games just because you do good in Japan. They obviously want sales all around the world, they can't depend on Japan to carry them and still compete.

4. Don't get me started on the GBA.

5. Why start slow? Why not create high demand for the system by making better games when the price is higher so that they get more per unit. People are still going to buy it if they want to play the games bad enough. I'm not saying play all your cards at once. I'm saying spread it around a little.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Can we have a `mega fun` contest here please, mod-types? For example... the next person to use the oh-so-lame "fanboy" insult after this post gets a nice, lengthy ban. Lifetime should just about do it, right? With a custodial sentence involving mandatory visits to #bearcave once a month. ;)

Stezo2k

S-2K
well sorry, but if some1 disses your fave console u wouldnt like it, if i was guna diss a console, id do it nicely e.g: "i think that the xbox is a good console, but theres barely any Must-get games for it, also its expensive"

Stez

crhylove

Banned
stalkid do you and your wiccan buddies ever smoke crack? cuz honestly that last post is about the stupidest (sp?) thing i've ever heard. ban somebody, just because you are CLEARLY a fanboy? oh, and one of the biggest proponents of not being a fanboy was DuDe, who is a mod, stupid.

and as for blaming the world for MY problems, that is just one of the most laughable things i've ever heard. I know exactly what my problems are and take full responsibility. However, what my government does over sees killing babies and stuff, i can't really be held responsibile for that, can I? Well maybe i can, but then i think a GREAT MANY americans can, and it's a shameful situation.

and most corporate charters are :
Make money, and everything else comes second.
if that isn't your definition of evil, then perhaps you need a new definition in a realistic sense on this planet at this time.

rhy

RatTrap

GODLIKE
i do believe this thread is moving beyond gaming..

but to answer rocketman..

1.. a new machine can't compete with a well established console.. no sir.. no way.. no can do.. so playing all cards at the same time does NOT work.. it's marketing 101.. you should read and learn and just stop disagreeing so much..

2.. they had no intention of competing.. nor whould their chances have been any good.. if you make all consoles release the best franchises they have at the same time.. guess who wins.. you.. the companies loose.. it's simple math.. money is spread around on all the games.. and not on one machine.. so competing was never the intention.. only to start a new GC-market and make themselfs known to be on the court.. not to actually win the game..

3.. you have no idea how well their first games did in japan.. so i think you honestly need to read up.. they did VERY good.. their expectations where higher then how they did.. but non the less.. counting how most good ps2 games where comming out at around the same time in japan.. they did VERY well.. also.. Nintendo have made it known quite a few times that they might close all their sections outside of japan and go japan only.. because they CAN make it around just thru the japan market.. honestly.. i don't see why they keep selling outside of japan.. if i was them i would just stick to japan.. coz of how huge they are there.. they lose money in the rest of the world that they gain in japan..

4.. the GBA is a hit!.. nuff said.. if you disagree.. then you must be short of a few marbles.. because it's even beeten the x-box in sales more then a few times now.. wich is something nobody expected.. although the x-box is doing pretty bad though so it could also be that..

5.. if you trully think releasing everything in one blow.. is a smart move.. then you probably should'nt start a company.. you'll get screwed and have nothing more after your donne.. this way they have alot of ppl buying the console for various reasons.. some like the first games.. (some of the first games where trully awesome.. if you disagree then that's up to you.. but i bought most.. and know many who bought the console when it first came out).. some ppl just think.. "it's nintendo.. they allways make good games".. and others just have the money or other reasons.. so they sell the machine anyways.. and by the time that ppl are starting to go nutz about a mario game and a zelda game.. they release one.. if they had released it all in the begining.. then we would be allready bored of the GC maybe.. bcoz it gave away everything too fast..

Status
Not open for further replies.