What's new

mupen64 0.0.90 source code

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
This is the source code of Mupen64 0.0.90.
-If you want to contribute to the project, please ask me first (this is just to not have many people that are making the same thing...).
-When you give me new code please comment what you have done and delimit what you have done.
-Please do not distribute this file, just put links to this message board.
-If you have any question about the source code you can ask it here

mupen64 0.0.90 source code

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I don't know if i can distribute the modified tr64 plugin src code, anyway if someone want to look at it go to the tr64 section of this board download it...

The plugin is already using 16 bits and if you want to switch to full screen just press f1 key

Fritti

n64 graphics plugin sources?

well I got mupen64 to compile after some minor source modifications on my FreeBSD machine but now I don't have any sources for a graphics plugin -> no zelda64 for me :(

Does anyone have working sources, or at least a link to the sources of a working plugin?

Slougi

Would there be a possibility to make a gentoo ebuild? This would be very nice for all gentoo users, including myself :)
Code:
emerge mupen64
Just typing that, then waiting a few mins for it to download and compile and just be able to run mupen64 and play games would be real nice :linux: :satisfied

I would make one myself, but I am no good at scripting :(

ooPo

Makefile changes for PPC linux.

To get the latest source to compile on my ibook2 (G3 800mhz) with gcc 3.2.1, I used:

CC = gcc -O3 -pipe -fsigned-char -mpowerpc-gfxopt -mcpu=750

To compile on a G4, use the following:

CC = gcc -O2 -pipe -fsigned-char -mpowerpc-gfxopt -mcpu=7450 -maltivec -mabi=altivec

(gcc 3.2.x has a bug with -O3 on the g4 apparently...)

Now. Where can I find some plugins to try the damn thing? :)

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Erm where to start...

First of all you don't have latest source code, i'll publish it sometimes during this week....

Concerning plugins, you can find source code of input plugins by searching archives of this board... (my basic input plugin source code was posted in 0.0.4 source code thread).
GFX plugin is a bigger problem.... you can find the source code of icepir8's gfx plugin in tr64 message board on emutalk but it's win source code. I've given needed changes to icepir8 and as we know him you won't have to wait for a long time to get it :)
But that's not all...

now you'll have endianness issues... Firstly you need to define a _BIG_ENDIAN macro in your compiler options. Mupen64 has been designed to be compiled on little or big endian machines but for big endian you need to specify it. That's not true for the plugins... you need to change a lot of things for big endian machines. I think you should ask Flea for this. He's the MacOSX porter :)

icepir8

Hacktarux said:
I don't know if i can distribute the modified tr64 plugin src code, anyway if someone want to look at it go to the tr64 section of this board download it...

Yes you can distribute your port of the TR64 Ogl code. :D

Fritti

Yes you can distribute your port of the TR64 Ogl code.

Cool! That would make Mupen the first opensource N64 emulator to run commercial games on Linux, isn't it?

Thanks Icepir8! I'm looking forward to see Mupen source code + input plugin source + gfx plugin source released.

Once again, thanks to all involved, Hacktarux & blight also.