What's new

N64 > Dc

Jaz

Ex-Mod
It's an old topic (from the old-style Emu64), but I'm still interested in an N64 emulator that runs on Dreamcast. Anyone know of any plans to convert an existing emu, or for that matter, a totally new project?

Slougi

I am not sure but wasn't VTT saying that he's planning one?
But in the meantime :pj64: :nemu: :apollo: :tr64: :1964: :daedalus: damn not all emus have smilies :(

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
a while back (like a month or so) a fake N64 on DC emu was announced, but yea t'was fake. The dreamcast hardware don't really have the capability to run any N64 games except from the small 64bit games (if I remember correctly).

Hope someone proves me wrong
???

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Yeah, it'd be tough. But even if it was an old game running badly, I'd love to see it.. Note to any developers.. PAL/NTSC tester here.. :)

VTT

sytaylor said:
how come people can so easily devlop for the dc... yet re creating it seems so very difficult????

At the moment simplicity of translation of programs for DC use "KOS - KallistiOS" (operation system for dc).

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
VTT said:

At the moment simplicity of translation of programs for DC use "KOS - KallistiOS" (operation system for dc).
So, are we considering one, VTT? ;)

DK64

Malcolm said:
aThe dreamcast hardware don't really have the capability to run any N64 games except from the small 64bit games (if I remember correctly).

i hope u meant 64 Mbit...

anyways, the DC simply doesnt have enough ram to run most games, otherwise it would be _ok_

i know some ppl have managed to add ram to DCs so ...maybe an emu will emerge in the future.. (personally i doubt it though)

VTT

I examine many game platforms for realization on them N64 the emulator. At the moment I with you agree, DC not at all a good choice for the given project