What's new

Starfox 2 vs Starfox 64

petronius79

I heard that Starfox 2 never made it to the SNES thanks to the release of the Nintendo 64 version. Nevertheless it included nice features that if they were on Nintendo 64 would have made it less boring after you have finished it the first time.

Here are some shots. Dont let the graphics fool you.

Stezo2k

S-2K
starfox 64 was the best ;) the graphics are ace, its has a fast FPS speed (unlike the 20FPS SF2), and it still plays like a dream, gotta love that game :)

Stez

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Stezo2k said:
starfox 64 was the best ;) the graphics are ace, its has a fast FPS speed (unlike the 20FPS SF2), and it still plays like a dream, gotta love that game :)

Stez

The SuperFX chip in the SNES could process graphics faster than that, but it could only DMA graphics into the main video memory at 20 FPS.

OP
P

petronius79

The game was never released in the market so I found the final beta version of the ROM. Thats why the framerate is being shown on screen. It is playable under the ZSNES emulator but you need to download a patch found in the messageboard of their website or else the game flickers. I could post the address of the patch but unfortunately the site has some commercial ROM images so I'm not going any further because I dont know how sensitive the moderators are on this issue. Hopefully the newest ZSNES version solves the problem.

Remember: the criterion here is gameplay and not the obviously better graphics of the N64 version.

As you can see in Starfox 2 you can choose any character you like and not just Starfox.

Last edited:

Josep

eyerun4phun
Duh? hehe, whatever is on a newer system tends to be better;) not in all cases(the final fantasy series) BUT HEy;)