What's new

Super Mario Sunshine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Sadly, Resi` isn't even slightly scary on the NGC. :( Dunno what went wrong but it just... isn't. I was most disappointed with it.
Wonder if the 64DD *will ever* be emulated now? Virtual Boy was bigger than that even, and look at the state of any VBoy emulator today... AFAIK none are still being developed, and a lot of the `classic` games for the 64DD and it will probably go unplayed after a few years more have passed.
I'd possibly even have given Lemmy my own 64DD for research into it, had it not met a rather tragic end before I got around to contacting him.

Macca

**UPDATE**

We just rented sms for the second time and our shine count is around 70. We finished the final bowser, who was unbelieveably easy, yet the sweet final cutscene made up for that :) There must be a hellofalot of shines in the actual island cause we've got nealry every shine on every level (except for the blues,100 coins and secret shine) and there are still 50 shines missing.

All in all it is a great game with some noticale camera difficulties but amazing non-waterpack levels. It is a major improvement over 64 and in no way a kiddie game :)

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
I think a lot of the people who were perhaps put off by the move into 3D made by Mario 64, and the move to a more "adventure style" game, might want to give `Sunshine a try. Those no-waterpack sections just have the feel of the older Mario games perfectly replicated.
The one thing I do find slightly annoying though is the way the game kicks you out to the main `hub` area again for losing all your lives... having to go back and redo certain sections again and again just to get back to one of those `classic` areas is a tad repetitive. ("Yoshi-go-round" or "...Hotel Lobby" for example). Then again, there's the pointless fun of trying to cover as much land as possible with the (lovely-looking) oil high up on the cliffs of Noki Bay... or racing about the main area with the propellor nozzle... or killing Yoshi as many times as need be... or cleaning entire levels even when there's no need... or finding imaginative shortcuts between locations... or...

h-e-l-l-o

The always bored guy
I got 70 shines now,I am missing all secret shinies and only have 2 100coin shinies and I need to finish some noki bay missions too

Josep

eyerun4phun
i know people that have beaten the game in days and already returned it, lastability...??? unless you really suck or don't spend that much time on it;)

UltraThing

Originally posted by Josep:

i know people that have beaten the game in days and already returned it

Ah yes, the jobless, bong-totin', class skippin', basically worthless party boys laying around a beanbag-chaired apartment eating pringles and drinking Pepsi, maintaining the buzz and blowing through video games in record time ... their grand achievement.

I used to be one of those. I sure as hell miss it, too. Even if the people youre talking about are the polar opposite of the party/gamer, i.e. the training for EMT, living at the volunteer fire dept, wearing the utility belt of emergency treatment tools, never tried a beer let alone anything that smoked, brylcreem using dork who can't get a woman so he plays video games all night waiting for the next fire or car wreck .....

Even if youre one of these guys ... youre still talking about people with little to no real responsibility, absolute discretion over what to do with their time, and no dependents to feed. If everyone could live like that we'd all be finishing video games within a few days or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.