What's new

start a forum for ROM SETTINGS, exchange what you have found to make roms run perfect

M

mark_ole

i think we should start a discussion on how we have managed to get roms to run near perfect on 1964 by playing with rom setting etc. this would save us all a lot of time aswe wouldnt have to play around with every rom, we could look on this message board.

for example, it took me ages to get PERFECT DARK to run smoothly, but they key is to use the azimers audio 0.40 beta 2 plugin, with jabos d3d1.5 graphics plugin and n rages 1.81 input plugin. you can also put "dma in segments" to "no" in rom settings to get more speed.

however, this setup workd well for perfect dark, but mission impossible slows down like a bitch using it and i would really like to know if anyone has managed to adjust settings so that it runs smoothly.
this could be a useful board if used right, coz the .ini file doesnt tell u a lot of things.;) ;)

zorbid

There is a bug in Azi's audio v0.40 (b1 & b2) that makes MI (and some other games) run 2x too slow when the game is sinced to audio. Do not synchronise the game to audio, or try v0.30 old.

OP
M

mark_ole

thanx zorbid.....is there any way i can limit the fps now to 60? lol.
shame about the sound, maybe there will be audio 0.50 soon i hope. killer instinct runs like shite too but there u go.

iq_132

Banned
Rom Settings for Mario 64 :)
Pretty much any Graphics Plugin
Pretty much any Sound Plugin
Pretty much any Input plugin
Pretty much any Emulator

"Have a nice life" - Blaze :)

ShadowFX

Guardian
Maybe he has a secret he doesn't want to share with the rest of the world.

Last edited:

Valek

Maybe he is a secretive madman out to prove that Elvis was taken aboard a UFO and bring him back down, and then once Elvis is back the whole world would be in shock, making it the perfect time for Blaze to release his rabid hampster army to decimate the helpless neo-elvis fans that the world became once he was brought back down to earth! Your secret is out BLAZE!

OP
M

mark_ole

doomulation, often all the things u need to get the rom running smoothly are not in the ini file, hence why is started this topic.
does anyone know when audio 0.50 will be out? (azimers)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
mark_ole said:
doomulation, often all the things u need to get the rom running smoothly are not in the ini file, hence why is started this topic.
does anyone know when audio 0.50 will be out? (azimers)
That would be a good implention of 1964.
Azimer's sound will be out sometime this month hopefully.

OP
M

mark_ole

anyone been able to work i.s.s 2000 with commentary well?? its so frustrating coz obviously they have done a great job with 1964, and most games are at the point where they run quite well and u can tell how great it would be when/if they run perfectly!

crhylove

Banned
duncan, u can add dr. mario Playable with daedelus unofficial rel 2 and Copy & Back in the vid settings, the rest of the settings, i don't know about. :(

also, i got south park rally playable with jabo 1.2, though the multiplayer still flickers like mad.

just so you know!

rhy

RJA

The PC Wiz
Perfect Dark

ROM settings:

Advanced Block Linking: On --Major performance increase!

CF 2 --Major performance increase!

CPU Core Style: Recomplier

EEPROM Size: 16K EEPROM

RDRAM Size: 8MB

Self Modifying Code Handling Method: Protect Memory

Last edited: