What's new

1964 + Jabo's DirectSound working

jollyrancher

I modified a few things and got Jabo's DirectSound plugins to work on 1964 0.8.4 and the sound is now perfect!!!! I was having trouble with the other plugins crackling and stuff and now it's sweet!!! Does anyone know why the new 1964 was not intended to run these plugins.... because they work great.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
i'd be quite interested in trying it out if it is possible to get jabos direct sound to work :happy:

iq_132

Banned
No kidding. I'm sure patched jabo's plugin would be quite nice in 1964 :) Does it also work in 0.8.5?

Stezo2k

S-2K
jollyrancher said:
I modified a few things and got Jabo's DirectSound plugins to work on 1964 0.8.4 and the sound is now perfect!!!! I was having trouble with the other plugins crackling and stuff and now it's sweet!!! Does anyone know why the new 1964 was not intended to run these plugins.... because they work great.

probably another dildo 64 u can shove up your..... lol

Stez

OP
J

jollyrancher

Read my other posts if you think I'm some bullshitting joker who comes in here to post about "new emulators in development" and shit... I had been having trouble with choppy sound and I tried Jabo's 1.4 sound (I knew that 1.5 didn't work) and there was no sound, so I went to the menu and it started playing the sound for 2 seconds (try it yourself) and I'm like... wtf??? So I messed around and got it to go constantly. The reason I started this thread is to find out why it was intentionally disabled in this version... stability seems ok as well. And I'm not posting any modified shit... you want people taking your shit and fucking with it and posting it without your permission? The authors had some reason for doing this (it worked in 0.8.3) and I'm curious why.... some rift with Jabo???

rob64

Banned
he's right it works for 2 seconds then cuts out how do you get it to come on as this choppy sound bollox is pissing me off

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
right, well nobody asked you to post anything modifyied, we just wanted to know how to modify it ourselves, lol

Hitman

Theres still too many people too keen to jump all over certain things and post negative comments...
Can you explain to us how you "messed about" and got it constantly working ? Did you set a few options up or just "fiddle"... ? I think a lot of people would be keen to know cos Jabo's sound plugin is supposed to be good, and combined with 1964's speed would make a damn fine emu, damn finerer !! LOL.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
jollyrancher said:

Read my other posts if you think I'm some bullshitting joker who comes in here to post about "new emulators in development" and shit... I had been having trouble with choppy sound and I tried Jabo's 1.4 sound (I knew that 1.5 didn't work) and there was no sound, so I went to the menu and it started playing the sound for 2 seconds (try it yourself) and I'm like... wtf??? So I messed around and got it to go constantly. The reason I started this thread is to find out why it was intentionally disabled in this version... stability seems ok as well. And I'm not posting any modified shit... you want people taking your shit and fucking with it and posting it without your permission? The authors had some reason for doing this (it worked in 0.8.3) and I'm curious why.... some rift with Jabo???

:plain2:

Duncan

N64 Addict
1) Support for Jabo's Direct Sound was left out for a good reason.
2) Even if you can get Jabo's audio plugins to work, you might want to think of what the effects might be, as some code was left/taken out or cut off, so who knows what can happen by you forcing it.
3) If it doesnt cause any problems than cool, but your only getting sound support like in earlier versions, as earlier builds could use Jabo's.
4) The sound may be a bit rough around the edges in this last version, but you also dont know whats going on behind the scenes :)

ShadowFX

Guardian
Why didn't he said how it's done in the first place. Hmm, maybe it was done by accident or he might forgot how he managed to get it working.

crhylove

Banned
seems doubtful given duncan's response.

oh and duncan add south park rally to the ini, it's playable, but you need jabo gfx 1.2 :D

rhy