What's new

Physics are strange in Body Harvest..?

Zilla

夢を見られた
I appear to have found a very strange bug with pj64 1.5 and Body Harvest (u) [!]. Apart from the known graphics problem, does anyone know about this? Trying to cross the first bridge in Greece (about 10mins into game), the van sinks THROUGH the bridge:!!!: I used to own the European version of the cartridge, and it didn't do this, (Body harvest was VERY buggy, but still a great game) I suspect this has to be a core issue, as sound and graphics(apart from menu's,OS-D's,and Strange Vehicle shadows) are close to perfect.:pj64:

I struggled to make my way onto the second stage of greece, but I really can't go any further...It's impossible to go into the Mikanos Windmill! Looks like some sort of collision detection not being emulated properly?:cry:

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
erm try turning off register caching if its not already (i havent just checked the settings).

OP
Zilla

Zilla

夢を見られた
Hmmm...Disabling Register Caching Fixed the gfx for the OSD's?!(notice the much slower FPS though,usually 53,but I expected that to happen):plain2:
But I still sink into bridges, and can't get into the windmill.???

Last edited:
OP
Zilla

Zilla

夢を見られた
There's an invisible 'something' (definitely nothing to do with gameplay) just in front of where I'm standing.

Matt Lukin

hey, i've got body harvest too and the physics are weird too
my rom name is Body Harvest (USA).v64

i get that sinking in the bridge thing too, but i can cross it on foot even if i'm like "inside" the bridge

OP
Zilla

Zilla

夢を見られた
Any Ideas, Smiff or anyone??? I've tried pj64 1.3 & 1.4 as well, the game is listed as playable is both, but has the same problem....:plain:

OP
Zilla

Zilla

夢を見られた
^bumpybump^
Anybody? 1964,Nemu,Mupen,Daedeleus=doesn't work!!!!!! HELP!!!!!

OP
Zilla

Zilla

夢を見られた
Yup, Body Harvest (u) [!] according to GoodN64

OP
Zilla

Zilla

夢を見られた
Alright, I give up. I guess either nobody knows or nobody cares.:cry:

OP
Zilla

Zilla

夢を見られた
Okay, Un-installed and re-installed pj64 1.3,1.4,1.5beta ,and 1.5:pj64: I'm having the same problems with collison detection in each, and also in 1964, there's no way to get inside the windmill and bridges do exactly the same thing they did in pj64, you just sink right through or are unable to move across one at all.:cry:
This has to the weirdest problem yet.........:plain:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well then, it seems like a core problem to me. Hmm, perhaps there are some cheats that are on? Some cheats cause troubles.
Also you could try some "walk through anything" cheat if there is one, and maybe you can reach the windmill.

OP
Zilla

Zilla

夢を見られた
Nope, No cheats (either in-game or otherwise) are on.
There is one that puts the windmill cog (the only reason I need to get into there :crazy: ), Into the inventory for the character, but sadly it doesn't work.....that's for another thread :D
Ah well...cheers for your help dooms!:pj64:

edit: ...there aren't any 'walk through anything cheats' AFAIK :(

Last edited: