What's new

Regarding BIOS, ROM, ISO etc. Requests

First and foremost, do not ask for any of these. You may, of course, ask where to find the latest version of Dreamemu or links to plugins, for example. To obtain the BIOS from your Dreamcast, follow these instructions:

1. Get a BBA, serial cable or LAN Adapter for the Dreamcast
2. Hook this up to your PC.
3. Download dc-load/dc-tool <A href="http://adk.napalm-x.com/dc">here</A>. Get dc-load-ip for the BBA and LAN Adapter and dc-load serial if u have a serial cable connection. You also have to download the patch for the LAN Adapter.
4. Burn the server software and load it up on the Dreamcast
5. Invoke the client with the following arguments:
-d bios.bin -a 0x0 -s 0x200000
6. Wait for the transmission to complete.
7. The BIOS should be now contained in a file called bios.bin

What's also very important to note, and something i have mentioned <I>ad nausem</I>, is that you do not need the BIOS to run the emulator at all. Its only required for text in some <B>homebrew demos</B>. Dreamemu does <B>NOT</B> run commercial games.

Also, it is illegal to have a BIOS unless it is dumped from your Dreamcast. If you do not have a Dreamcast or don't have a cable, <B>DO NOT ASK FOR IT HERE</B>.

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
It is very difficult to find the bios ???
Eh found one but it occupies 4 MB and does not work ??? :(

Flash

Technomage
CoDeX said:
It is very difficult to find the bios ???
Eh found one but it occupies 4 MB and does not work ??? :(

Look for word "Sony" inside your BIOS, probably you've got PS2 BIOS :)

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
I have looked for the text "sony" inside the file but he has not found it and also it looks For "Sega" and he has found this:

bios.JPG

But it occupies 4MB and not 2 MB as Lord Cheese says and I do not manage To do it to work with the Dreamemu, which I can do?

tbag

Some people can code there own FAKE bios try that just tell me of your progress in 12 years

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
CoDeX said:
I have looked for the text "sony" inside the file but he has not found it and also it looks For "Sega" and he has found this:

bios.JPG

But it occupies 4MB and not 2 MB as Lord Cheese says and I do not manage To do it to work with the Dreamemu, which I can do?

that one looks pretty Authentic, it sais segakatana (devkit used to make most commercial games).. maybe it's of a different region and wont work with dreamemu.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Lord Cheese said:
Also, it is illegal to have a BIOS unless it is dumped from your Dreamcast. If you do not have a Dreamcast or don't have a cable, <B>DO NOT ASK FOR IT HERE</B>.

ben said:
can u give me the bios because i don't have the cable thing

You must be one dumb mother fucker :S