What's new

New Releases

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
All I can say is Keep it Up - Try booting Smash Pack - That is what Icarus frst got a boot out of despite still having loads to do!!!
Where is Cyrus - What is Icarus State at the Mo!!

Flash

Technomage
Grant64 said:
All I can say is Keep it Up - Try booting Smash Pack - That is what Icarus frst got a boot out of despite still having loads to do!!!
Where is Cyrus - What is Icarus State at the Mo!!

Oh, Hickarus.. . It's only screenshots pack for me. :D

Why there's no public beta to run'n'see, like Fabien does with Satourne ?
Maybe Cyrus works for 3DRealms - "When it's done..." ? :D :D :D

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
He is not obliged to release!!! It is his decision! Yeah it is nice seeing what fabian is doing but it was also nice with the project64 1.5 surprise!!!

CyRUS64

Flash: hehe
Grant64: Firstly I actually got namco museum to run first. Then Smash Pack. Then Snow Surfers. Then even reports from gfx renderer of Unreal Tournament working but being very fucked-up ;)
And of course Headhunter main 'press start' menu,
http://icarus.boob.co.uk/gallery/June02/headhunter.jpg
But its not solid emulation atm, so dont expect anything. Its still somewhat hit-and-miss with those kind of commercial games, and rendering needs to be improved much. (thats one reason immediaitely why a release is out of the question right now)

However there is no way dreamemu can run anything commercial, expect perhaps namco, without lrdcheese emulating g2 dma, which requires some reversing since the info isnt public yet :)

As for Icarus' state, well I've been figuring out a lot more about how sweet the dreamcast is and some of its very neat features/abilities, and thus am rewriting certain parts, but as for improved compatibility we'll just have to wait and see...
I'm very busy with uni also, so I have to juggle the two (well 3, +coding for dc) appropriately.

Regards,
CyRUS

Stezo2k

S-2K
CyRUS64 said:
Flash: hehe
Grant64: Firstly I actually got namco museum to run first. Then Smash Pack. Then Snow Surfers. Then even reports from gfx renderer of Unreal Tournament working but being very fucked-up ;)
And of course Headhunter main 'press start' menu,
http://icarus.boob.co.uk/gallery/June02/headhunter.jpg
But its not solid emulation atm, so dont expect anything. Its still somewhat hit-and-miss with those kind of commercial games, and rendering needs to be improved much. (thats one reason immediaitely why a release is out of the question right now)

However there is no way dreamemu can run anything commercial, expect perhaps namco, without lrdcheese emulating g2 dma, which requires some reversing since the info isnt public yet :)

As for Icarus' state, well I've been figuring out a lot more about how sweet the dreamcast is and some of its very neat features/abilities, and thus am rewriting certain parts, but as for improved compatibility we'll just have to wait and see...
I'm very busy with uni also, so I have to juggle the two (well 3, +coding for dc) appropriately.

Regards,
CyRUS

wow, nice to c u m8 :) icarus is sounding more and more promising everytime i hear news about it :) keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Stez

JuGz

Heavy Metal Master
Hey Lord Cheesy good luck with your emu, if u need any feedback or support u can count on me!

:)

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
does the new emu run any commercial games? like ogaboga (doubt it being that its a alpha)

Flash

Technomage
Grant64 said:
He is not obliged to release!!! It is his decision!
Sure. But if he will release it will be great.

Commercial games ? Why some people making noise here ? If even Icarus or Dreamemu will run Sonic Adventure, i'm
not so sure if anybody here have enough cpu horsepower to get more than 5 fps. Maybe me, but running dc emu on pc emu that runs on huge mainframe...
It's for masochists only... and i can't put mainframe in my pocket and bring it home :)

I need DC emu for testing some homebrew stuff before burning cds. :

Last edited:

CyRUS64

I was doing a bit of testing actually of a couple of games I have around today and the 'Now Loading' screen from Jet Grind radio displays, and puyo puyo, aqua gt, unreal tournament and a couple of others 'work' and should display with improved rendering ;)
Other than nba2k2, which has some extra protection on it it seemed, with a bit of work I can hopefully get some improved results out of these and other games. (I sort of know what is needed for them and they arent crashing out unusually requiring tiring bughunts)
CyRUS

jhonny

Boobcast + Dreamemu ?

Is it possible that the emu coders will join power ? Boobcast (icarus) and Dreamemu ? I would like to see that ;) Could bring some interesting results.

I also have a silly question - coz i never wrote an emu before and i would like to know - that - once you guys have the specs of the chips of the console or arcade board - what do you do next ? And if u have all the specs for all the chips wouldnt the emu run all the games ?