What's new

Boycott kicks ass..

Eagle

aka Alshain
I like the Visual Boy Advance cause it plays all the GB, GBC, GBA roms. I think boycott only plays GBA.

RPGlover12

well boycott is great but visual boy advance is better
i like it better
much better
and how do u play gbc , gb on it eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
RPGlover12 said:
well boycott is great but visual boy advance is better
i like it better
much better
and how do u play gbc , gb on it eagle

Easy, you just load a GB or GBC rom. It has the option to choose in the Emulator sub menu, or you can set it to autodetect.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
BA used to be the best, then VBA decided to emulate more and become more compatible(being able to emulate GB/C games increased this ten-folds).

oh and had anyone tried the oracle zelda on vba? does it unlock the "Advance Store" or whatever its called?

DeepBlade

what about performance? i remember i tried gba emulation a while ago and it didn't turn out nice.... the sound was screwed.... slow... and the video was slow....

:hrm: :hrm: :hrm: :hrm:

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
The Top three GBA emus :

1 : VisualBoy Advance
2 : Boycott Advance
3 : VGBA

I respect everybody for his or her opinion so I hope you will also respect mine.

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
It's a top three list not a top four list and in my opinion DreamGBA is the baddest.Disadvantages of DreamGBA :

- Needs BIOS Rom to work.
- No windowed modes

But furhtermore not superbad.

Yakuza

Well Visual Also need A bios If You Want 2 Play Sonic!!!!

So What About That??????

DreamGba Is Also Rocking But Its For The More Experienced Emulators!!!

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
stick, u may be new to this whole emulation thing (correct me if im wrong). netplay depends on the emulator, not the rom. currently, there are no GBA emu that i am aware of that supports netplay(or any other form of multyplayer action).

Pheo

i just read

you need a bios to play sonic, you just press a + b + start + select and it passe those 4 bars on VBA

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
That's right Pheo but on boycott you automatically have level select which is pretty :cool:

Pheo

oh man, i tried to find a bios dump but no luck.
Seems like i cannot play any games w\o a bios. As posted!

MMZ_Stickman

Sorry it was a typo

dont be so quick to tell me how im a newbee... i meant to say emu not rom... Here is my proposition has anyone heard of kaillera? http://www.kaillera.com its a multiplayer client/server package for emulators... and they give away the source so that you can implement it into your emulator... Boycott needs it and Visual boy NEEDS it...

im ACHING to play some ADVANCE WARS versus my clan buddies and im hoping SOMONE is developing for multiplay somewhere...

-Stick
(BTW visualboy wins cause it runs Gran Turismo boycott doesnt.)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
sorry there Stickman:blush: ,

many ppl have proposed kaillera, seeing it as a quick painless way of adding netplay to any emu(look at MAME!). however, in reality, kaillera does not always work as advertised. for example look at 1964. It is a great emu, it has good compat, good accuracy, great speed, and kaillera support! but ask anyone who tried its netplay, they will tell u that its not so hot. So if it is easy to implement and works great, emu authors would have put it by now...

Pheo

i just got advance wars, and it would be awsome to play that online.
can't seem to copy the save from my flash cart though.

1964 seemed alright for netplay but most of everyone was playing one on one fighter games.
I would like to try it with PD 007