What's new

dreamcast emulator..

legendj

Player
;) When (More or less) will be released an good dreamcast emulator ?! to play commercial games ?!

(P.S. : I got an dreamcast...)

Stezo2k

S-2K
well icarus has got one commercial game workin (very slowly and looks kinda messed up) i just hope it progresses a bit more ;)

Stez

RPGlover12

i dont think we will see a dc emu that easily though we will have to wait for it though :) hope that it gets emulated easily

yea, icarus is already running a few commercial games although they are not perfect yet. Dreamemu, as you may have seen, now plays katana demos, which is one step further in getting commercial to work (most commercial games use this development kit).

tbag

If anything the X-box Emulator CXBX is probably closer to emulating the X-Box then emulators emulating DreamCast

That sentence sounds screwy doesnt it ;)

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
tbag - No.

Dreamcast games are running quite stable on Icarus! AFAIK, CXBX has not even done any decent graphics rendering (Could be wrong)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Of course there is...vba has already done that, as well as other gba emulators.
But it does take quite some work to get how the bios works first.

blight

tbag said:
If anything the X-box Emulator CXBX is probably closer to emulating the X-Box then emulators emulating DreamCast

That sentence sounds screwy doesnt it ;)
I think CXBX is NOT an emulator man... it "directly" runs the binary and provides neccessary API (some things may be emulated but i'm sure there's no need to emulate a processor because emulating a P3 on a P3 is pointless you know ;)