What's new

Audio Plugin v0.50

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I plan on releasing this plugin in October. I am also going to be working closely with 1964 to provide the best audio solution for that emulator. Some of the features of 0.50 include bug fixes, a new audio code, and the start of MusyX (may or may not work). My goals with next versions of the dll are speed (god knows I didn't optimize yet :eek: ), 1964 compatibility and full speed, and backwards compatibility with zilmar's audio specification. Yup, I am moving away from the zilmar model because it a poor representation of audio support.

Hitman

Its more than good, its superb... We've needed a new optimised audio plugin for some time... Most issues with game speed or sync seem to be due to audio plugins, and i for one can't wait for a release... I foresee close to 99% compatibilty in n64 emus within the near future !!

PJ64 and 1964 are the mutts nutts...
Thanks for the news Azi.

iq_132

Banned
I can't wait to see Azimer spec. plugins!!!!!
Your audio plugin is absolutely <b>the best</b> for my system.
Keep up the great work!!!

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
/me pisses, shits pants, and drools :satisfied :blush:

great news azi, you're the fuckin man! :satisfied

to think the audio plugin i've been using was UN-OPTIMIZED! PFFT! I never would have guessed! :satisfied :satisfied :blush:

Last edited:

jollyrancher

Do you expect this to work as well as Jabo's 1.5 on fast computers??? Just curious becuase the early HLE's are especially good on low-end P-2's and P-3's... just wondering what target group you're aiming for becuase if it's really smooth, low-end people will be pissed (not enough HP) and if it's crackly and fast, high-end users will be pissed. I'm not sure if it's possible to satisfy everyone... just curious.

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
Azimer said:
and the start of MusyX (may or may not work).
MusyX emulation is what i've been looking forward to in your audio plugin. :thumbsup:

Off topic: Are there any other n64 games besides RE2 and Rush 2049 that use MusyX?