What's new

Its Alive! Its Alive!

Eagle

aka Alshain
Muaaaahahahaha!! Its Alive..... 1667Mhz of pure processing POWER!!! Its Alive Muahahahahaha!!!!!

EDIT: That should have been MegaHertz not MegaBytes.

Last edited:
OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
eh? For those who havent been following along.....

1. My computer dies, I cant figure out what the FU*K is the matter with it except for a strange post beep. :!!!:
2. I think its my old 250W powersupply not giving enough watts to the mobo.
3. I buy a new power supply at $60 (480W)
4. It didnt work :cry:
5. I finally determine it must be the AGP slot gone bad (the beep code was similar to a video card error but I tried other video cards and got nothing)
6. Rather than buying a new motherboard, I decide to upgrade.
7. I buy a new motherboard, an Athlon XP 2000 and 2700 333 DDR Memory. Along with a Thermaltake Dragon Orb. (about $300 worth of stuff)
8. My chasis is too FU*KING old and has a slide in motherboard tray, in which the new GIGANTIC Dragon Orb 3 does not fit inside. :angry:
9. I drive 40 min to Frys in Austin pick up a case with a side mounted PSU and no motherboard tray (another $60 on the upside it has 6 built in chasis fans and front pannel USB)
10. I come back and install it realizing that the copper shim I bought covers some of the yellow dots on top of the processor (bridge leads) :eek:
11. I email the entire planet trying to figure out if this is ok or if it will misdirect electricity and blow my processor. In addition I worry about crushing my CPU core while installing this stupid fan.
12. Somebody in my Data Structures class tells me it will work fine :plain2:
13. Today I turn it on and although I'm now completely broke.... ITS ALIVE!!!! Muahahahahaha

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Eagle said:
eh? For those who havent been following along.....

1. My computer dies, I cant figure out what the FU*K is the matter with it except for a strange post beep. :!!!:
2. I think its my old 250W powersupply not giving enough watts to the mobo.
3. I buy a new power supply at $60 (480W)
4. It didnt work :cry:
5. I finally determine it must be the AGP slot gone bad (the beep code was similar to a video card error but I tried other video cards and got nothing)
6. Rather than buying a new motherboard, I decide to upgrade.
7. I buy a new motherboard, an Athlon XP 2000 and 2700 333 DDR Memory. Along with a Thermaltake Dragon Orb. (about $300 worth of stuff)
8. My chasis is too FU*KING old and has a slide in motherboard tray, in which the new GIGANTIC Dragon Orb 3 does not fit inside. :angry:
9. I drive 40 min to Frys in Austin pick up a case with a side mounted PSU and no motherboard tray (another $60 on the upside it has 6 built in chasis fans and front pannel USB)
10. I come back and install it realizing that the copper shim I bought covers some of the yellow dots on top of the processor (bridge leads) :eek:
11. I email the entire planet trying to figure out if this is ok or if it will misdirect electricity and blow my processor. In addition I worry about crushing my CPU core while installing this stupid fan.
12. Somebody in my Data Structures class tells me it will work fine :plain2:
13. Today I turn it on and although I'm now completely broke.... ITS ALIVE!!!! Muahahahahaha

congradulations Eagle :) Good luck on your new UPGRADED COmputer, :) I am getting my upgrade this November :p

Stezo2k

S-2K
lol probably :p glad u got ur system workin m8 ;) damn u could of sold it me when it was still broke lol, sounds like a gr8 system :)

Stez

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
The old system was a P3 1Ghz, Asus P3V4X with Asus Slocket card, 320MB of memory (1 64 meg PC100 (overclocked), 1 256 meg PC133), and a Thermaltake Golden Orb. Also a nice but small mid-ATX chasis with 250W power supply. I also have a 350W PSU that came with my new chasis that I wont be using. I'm going to be selling the working componenets, and it turns out the mobo may still be under ASUS warranty in which case I may get a replacement or refund. In any case may be selling the replace ment as well. I'll let you know when I start the ebay sales.

Josep

eyerun4phun
very nice;)

/me applauds;)

i wasn't staying with 'your' program there;)

cooliscool: took a screenshot of that from ddr5th mix;) on epsxe of course;)

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yeah whatever, I'm no noob, I've been building PCs for as long as I can remember, its just all this new fangled stuff. The last time I built a PC, bridges were above the die not in it. The die was not organic, it was ceramic. Fans were relatively small, and cooled just fine. A slide in motherboard tray was a convenient innovation. Shim... What the hell is that, cpu cores were never crushed. Onboard Audio... only losers bought crap like that, now you cant find good mobos without it. And motherboards rarely blew out their expansion slot controllers!!!! All of this and the last PC I built was about 3 years ago. Just goes to show how fast we are moving.