What's new

1964 v0.8.4 FAQ's (read first)

Duncan

N64 Addict
Im gonna head off alot of your questions here, before you can post them, as alot of you arent reading the included documentation:

1) Jabo's Direct Sound plugins WONT work with 1964, and doesnt matter what version, you can ONLY use Azmiers Audio plugins (if you dont you will only see a black screen when trying to run a game), and Azimers Audio v0.30 (old driver) seems to work the best, this is due to audio modifications Schibo has made to 1964.

2) You NEED to get the RSP.dll from PJ64 (v1.4 or 1.5) and put it in your plugin folder, and make sure RSP is checked in your "Plugins" selection screen (at the bottom).

3) If you look at the Rom Browser the tested plugin was Jabo's D3D 1.5, but there are some games that are listed in the rom browser that need another plugin to play (i.e. Jabo's D3D 1.4, Unofficial Daedalus D3D8), so make sure to look at the rom browser.

4) Make sure to delete/uninstall the old registry lines before installing v0.8.4

Last edited:
OP
Duncan

Duncan

N64 Addict
I havent tested that combination yet, as the Ini is developed with D3D in mind, so give it a try, and let me know how it works for you, there is the possibility that we will add a column for Voodoo (in the rom browser) with compat notes, but we'll see :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
yeah, but the major problem with Azimers Audio v0.30 (old driver) is that it has no sync gameplay to audio, which in turn is quite bad, pauses in sound every few seconds is rather irritating

Last edited:

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Duncan said:
Im gonna head off alot of your questions here, before you can post them, as alot of you arent reading the included documentation:

1) Jabo's Direct Sound plugins WONT work with 1964, and doesnt matter what version, you can ONLY use Azmiers Audio plugins (if you dont you will only see a black screen when trying to run a game), and Azimers Audio v0.30 (old driver) seems to work the best, this is due to audio modifications Schibo has made to 1964.

2) You NEED to get the RSP.dll from PJ64 (v1.4 or 1.5) and put it in your plugin folder, and make sure RSP is checked in your "Plugins" selection screen (at the bottom).

3) If you look at the Rom Browser the tested plugin was Jabo's D3D 1.5, but there are some games that are listed in the rom browser that need another plugin to play (i.e. Jabo's D3D 1.4, Unofficial Daedalus D3D8), so make sure to look at the rom browser.

the problem is very werid with me when I play with the Jabo's Direct sound 1.5 the graphic is perfect, whenever I move the mouse and click on some options, the sound turns on for a few seconds..

I enabled RSP.dll and I am using jabo's direct sound 1.5
I got a crappy ac97 on board audio (MSI k7t266pro2-a motherboard) with the drivers 5.10.3980 (the latest)

anyone got any explainations?

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Trotterwatch said:
Read Duncans FAQ Question 1) again!

well the sound doesn't work but I don't see this "(if you dont you will only see a black screen when trying to run a game)"

Trotterwatch

Ok, that may be the case - but the best thing is just not to use any of Jabos Sound Plugins, due to the slight specification change which means it will no longer work properly. Maybe in the next 1964 release, support for Jabos excellent sound plugin will be back.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Said this in another post:

if playing bomberman hero, assume 32bit must be set to no. mine was set to yes, i managed to fall through the floor and invisable walls stopped me, lol :D

The_One

As a matter of fact Jabo's Direct Sound plugins dow work.
But only when you are running a game and go into the menus and back to the game.

If this could somehow be substained the plugins would work perfectly.

*Edit*

I guess this wasn't intended , but it's there alright.

iq_132

Banned
I think some games are missing from your Ini Duncan.
StarCraft (U) is missing for example.

Last edited:
OP
Duncan

Duncan

N64 Addict
I checked and found it was due to it confusing the (U) (beta) with the (U), being updated thanks :)

Storyteller

My Castlevania - Legacy of Darkness works fine, but when the game starts, the graphics seem to get all zoomed in and stuff...