What's new

is n64 emulation still in??

audioaxes

-beyond playing multiplayer modes, n64 emulation got stale for me pretty quick - is interest in n64 emulation dying?

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
i think that should be only losers would post that on a emulation 64 board

OP
A

audioaxes

my stupid brother
I didnt type those posts; my brother did.

Can you cut the last one though ? Even though i agree with him that it is stale, i dont think people who still play n64 are losers.

HE said he got mad since you "moved" the post

dont worry -he's an idiot

Gent

Administrator
audioaxes said:
HE said he got mad since you "moved" the post
dont worry -he's an idiot

lol did he ?
Tell him thats what we do here when a post is in the wrong place.

& please tell him to get his own account ;)
That way if he keeps being {}:{ you dont suffer for it

Smiff

Emutalk Member
being into N64 games and into N64 emulation are
different things... but some N64 games _are_ very good.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Smiff I totally agree! In honesty who really plays their N64 roms a lot! Not me - The fact is that most I compleated on the N64 years ago!!! N64 emulation isn't about PLAYING GAMES - In fact what is it about?

As for is it in decline!!! well PJ64 is so good it cannot go much better!!! All good things must come to an end! Eventually N64 will take its place alongside SNES and Genesis in emulation history but it has a while yet!!!

mesman00

What's that...?
Grant, i totally agree with you, i haven't played an n64 game for yeras, don't even have an n64, any roms, are any n64 emu's...the only reason why i'm here is because i love to follow the scene, and see the improvement and advancements made by the authors

Gent

Administrator
To be fair.
The N64 Real Console to me is still bloody good, I dont play it all the time, but thats because i dont have the time.

Same for emulation, if i did i would.

I love the N64, it is & still is one the best Consoles there is.

PSX also is good, PS2 is fantastic, GC Im not a big fan
(let me use a wingman rumble pad on it & i might change me mind) lol.
But its always the good old N64 console i'll go back to,
On the real, & Emulation.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
plenty of stuff can be done, and so far many games suffer small issues. its gonna take a while for everything to be playable, still many games i would like see working (eg. Rogue Squadron). as for 'are any of these games actually worth playing?', well mostly no, lol. there a few decent ones, most are emulated if thats what interests u in emulation.

Stezo2k

S-2K
mesman00 said:
Grant, i totally agree with you, i haven't played an n64 game for yeras, don't even have an n64, any roms, are any n64 emu's...the only reason why i'm here is because i love to follow the scene, and see the improvement and advancements made by the authors

same here really m8, the only n64 rom i only really play is goldeneye, that works awesome with pc style controlls on 1964 :D The scene is gr8 and doesnt look like its dying :)

Stez

crhylove

Banned
/me can't wait! as for "the scene dying" that'll happen when 1964/pj get as good as zsnes. then it'll just be less talk about dev, and more about pick up online games and such. which i think is cool anyway. and of course then there'll be all kinds of xbox ps2 etc. emu dev to follow.

and there are some GREAT n64 games that i STILL play, btw, and they look better and play better now then they ever did, so emulation isn't just about playing the games, or playing them for free, it's about playing them BETTER. :) i can't STAND a real snes, now that i have zsnes running so well. actually the same is already true for the n64 console. i never did like the n64 controller anyway, the wingman rumble pad is way better ;)

just my $.02.

peace!

OP
A

audioaxes

screw my brother
he is gay and this site is gay!!!!

-go ahead and ban me -this aint even my account!