What's new

ut2k3 demo news

iq_132

Banned
It looks great on my roomie's P4 2.0, Ati Radoen 7500, but I think I'm still going to wait for Doom III.

RPGlover12

0wnage 0wnage 0wnage 0wange i downloaded it but it wont work ;) from the link i gave b4 ;) anybody downloaded it from that and worked ;)

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Oh I`m sorry, did I just blow your leg off?
Shot00003.jpg

yogaman

Banned
just wondering whether UT 2003 would run on my crappy specs with all details turned to low.... Anybody with low specs tried it? I heard it would run quite good ....

RPGlover12

well work dude the proccessor wont need much so it will run on urs i have mine runnin on the default res. not more though my specs are p4 1.7 256 ram tnt2 m64 32 megs my friend has the same game with lower specs and it worked though

RPGlover12

Slougi said:
Nice idea, dunno if my modem can keep up tho :(
How fast is urs mine is isdn i can either sign on with 1 channel - 64kbs 2 channels 128kbs and i run it with 1 channel runs great ;) and it moves 7 kbs per second and runs hell great with fast ping too ;) i get around 186 ;) so try it out ;)

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
yup, im getting a constant 60 fps in the outdoor level deathmatch level, and 70-80fps in the indoor level at 1024x768 and about a 10fps drop in 1200x960 or wateva the res is.

the benchmark.exe doesnt show any increase, but one bloke on the ina fourm seemed to believe that the benchmarks use their own .ini . anyway, i know for a fact theres a difference, when before i was getting 35-40fps no matter the resolution.

rpglover, u can always change the setting back if something doesnt seem right, or back up ur existing .ini file before tampering with it.

RPGlover12

hey dude iwould love to know something , now i have the game runnin on res. 800 by 600 Pretty good lets say i used that tweak will the 1024 by 786 res. also run pretty good coz this one runs pretty sux :) thnxs in adv

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
the new patch is out. i recomend you all to d/l it asap.
the patch fixes alot of weapon balance problems that people were complaining about.
from what i can tell the shock ball moves alot faster but the shock combo takes up 5 shock ammo insted of 2. (much better imo)
the flank cannon is said to be tweaked but i couldnt tell (the flank alt fire is still to short i think)
alot of weapons seems to take off alittle more damage and feel more powerful.
oh and voodoo support is fixed
if you can figure out anything else let me know.
epic still hasent released a fix list so its hard to tell whats changed.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
B*A*G*G said:

from what i can tell the shock ball moves alot faster but the shock combo takes up 5 shock ammo insted of 2. (much better imo)
the flank cannon is said to be tweaked but i couldnt tell (the flank alt fire is still to short i think)
alot of weapons seems to take off alittle more damage and feel more powerful.
Yup, that was the one thing that bugged me in the initial release, some weapons just felt weak. A specially the machine gun.
Anyway, this patch is a must, because as far as I know, servers would be upgrading to it in no time, and then you won`t be able to connect to the server with the older version.

Last edited: