What's new

playing ridge racer 64

RaverX

i was playing ridge racer 64 and the music was so hypnotic and the fact im tired as hell i actually fell asleep(well i thought i did) and i work up and i won in 1st place even tho i dont even rember playing it. Im like wtf... (sorrry bord today.)

also i have a question is yoshie story playable in project 64? Reason i ask is it says bad or unknown rom. Please check to see if there is an updated ini or check goodrom some shit like that.

well i use goodwindows with goodn64 this is what version i have.

Yoshi's Story (U) [f1] (Crazy Nation)

sorry it almost seems like a loaded thread but im just curious..

Eagle

aka Alshain
Well, its always best to use the (!) version of the rom. However I dont think (unless it was fixed in 1.5, I'm kinda falling behind) that Yoshi works on PJ64.

iq_132

Banned
I never knew you could do that...
I learn something new every day :)
Thanks for teaching me something new 2bzy!!!!

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Rave racer.

I got to say that after playing rave racer on viva nonno emu, i was suprised. The game absolutely rocks!! Man its ze best!
So i downloaded the 64 version.....i now know Jesus died in vain... I mean it is a totally piece of poo. I suggest to anyone who remotely likes the game to try the arcade version of rave racer

Last edited:

hotshitu

Banned
... slightly OT: after I've bnee nagging for so long for the stop lights to work in RR64 :p : is there a way to turn them off again? What I mean is, the tail lights should automatically turn off once you exit a gallery, right?
BTW, I've tried 12.90, 21.83, 23.11, 28.32, 30.82, 40.41 to no avail. Same goes for the Zelda stuff. Or is this on of those rare "get a GF3/4, cheap-ass moments?

ridrag2.jpg

for want of a better picture ;)

hotshitu

Banned
... as in dark passage way, tunnel or similar

specs: GF2 (Elsa Gladiac GTS)+ (Elsa Gladiac MX) but makes no difference, I think. And the GF3/4 was a joke.
I would never upgrade my kit because of bad textures in an emulator <a href="glossary.php?<r=l"><a href="glossary.php?<r=l">LOL</a></a>.

edit: to be more precise, the tail lights are permanently in "night-mode" for want of a better word. Stop lights _do_ work fine though.

Last edited:

nudetothis

Well, I have Rave Racer (Viva Nonno) too and I agree it is the most amazin' 3-4 minute ride available on my PC. I also have Ridge Racer 2 but it looks like a beta version of Rave Racer or something. Guess which one I play the most?

As for console versions of the series, I have RR64 .... and I also have Ridge Racer 4 for POSX... oops I mean PSX. I've never been a big fan of the PSX, but I do own one. And, now I play my games using epsxe. Ridge Racer 4 looks better than ever with GeF4 Ti hardware acceleration, but overall I prefer RR64.