What's new

Is there/will there be a Netplay function or plugin??

Cirrus

Just wondering... Doing some Perfect Dark netplay with some friends would be awesome!

Thanks,
~Cirrus

sk8bloke22

roll for life
yup. theres a few input plugins (off the top of my head i think only Noote's one) which support kailleria... a sorta internet hub thingy bob for emulators. u could probably set up a lan game hastle free-ish, although a net game would require high speed internet. the new 1964 will have kaillaira integrated, and theres a very high chance that the new pj64 (that has just been released :D) has as well, although im not too sure cos considering i only hav a 56k, ive never bothered to truly test it out. i tried a game of mario kart 64 with 1964 and it was ridiculously slow. its gonna take a while before we can hav a plugin that full optiomises the potential of netplay on n64 emulators. although i agree, the prospect of having such a feature (that works well) would be incredible considering the n64's high points was multiplayer.

NooTe

Yes only my very *old* input plugin have a network (limited by Zilmar spec on version 1.0) funtion with Kaillera...
But there're lots of limitation (and a high dropdown FPS)... I don't recommand it :)
1964 0.8.x have same network function (written by me too) more quicked more functionnal... you just need kailleraclient.dll and a good LAN (too slow for modem connexion)

OP
C

Cirrus

Thanks very much, where can I find this plugin? I am having a few troubles with the Perfect Dark ROM I have.. These are apparently known issues since they are on the ROM header in the Manager, (Missing Lens) so I suppose there's not much I can do about it.

I am Currently running the Pj64 v1.5 on:
Dell Dimension 8200
OS WinXP
GeForce4 ti 4600 128MB
512 RD ram
512 Kbps Cable Modem.

~C

Last edited:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i believe all perfect dark issues were solved with jabo's d3d 1.5 that came with pj64 1.5 , but cos im lazy, i havnt bothered getting past the 1st level (its not cos im shit at the game, honest :D )

well Nootes one can likely be found at www.smiff.clara.net or www.emu64.com . but the faster and better incorporation of netplay in 1964 has not been released yet,

OP
C

Cirrus

:thumbsup: Ok thanks very much, I will check those out. I have pj64 v1.5, and still have the lens effect issues. I have done all the tweaking I can on my end, and found a good setting, but the lens filtering issues are still there. This is not really an issue for me unless I can configure a netplay device, since I would only play the rom over the actual cart if I can play online with my Father and friends. My Father and I (and some mutual friends) are 007 and PD fiends. We have multiplayer tournies and such. Great fun. More fun if I didn't have to drive 2 hours everytime I wanted to Multiplay with him.

We even made a splitting device for the console so that we can play teams on seperate tv's and block off the opponents screens with blinders so that you never know where the enemy is. "Blind Bond" we have called it. No more looking at the opponents screen to see if they are about to pistol-whip you from behind!!

I haven't tried any of the other emulators yet, but I am suspecting I have driver/plugin issues since there are textures missing, pixil-shading missing, and lighting effects don't seem quite right in all 3 of the roms I have played, 2 of which are said to be near perfect emulation. However N64 emulation is new to me and this could just be par for the course, but I have been running MAME, and xPSx for over a year now.

Dell Dimension 8200
OS WinXP
2gig P4 processor
GeForce4 ti 4600 128MB, DirectX8.1, all current drivers.
512 RD ram
512 Kbps Cable Modem.

~Cirrus

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
the lens effects may be missing, but jabo's 1.5 is sufficient for multplayer (combat sim).

a while ago, i did hear that rice was working on online functions for 1964. But that seems to have dropped off his to-do list.

Cyberman

pj64er said:
the lens effects may be missing, but jabo's 1.5 is sufficient for multplayer (combat sim).

a while ago, i did hear that rice was working on online functions for 1964. But that seems to have dropped off his to-do list.
Using MS's internet functionality sucks.. I think it got shelved letting someone with more experience handle it or something like that. I worked on something for a bit but.. to be honest MS's API in there .NET VCC version stinks and there documentation is worse. So.. heh I got frustrated making heads or tails of it.

Cyb (happier with making a DLL which is easier to do maybe I will use BCC if I feel like it).