What's new

problems with applying cheats?

abdulla

i've followed the intrsuctions exactly on how to apply cheats, but i've tried with mario 64, mario kart and zelda: ocarina, but it never works, is it purposely broken or am i doing something wrong?

i was also wondering at what point do you convert gfx data to raw textures for the gfx plugins, i was just browsing through the code quickly but i couldn't find it

schibo

Emulator Developer
hi abdulla,

Once you've selected your cheats, you need to press F9 to make them run. But you likely know this already :)..if it still has problems, drop me an email and I can give you more help.

As far as gfx are concerned, all texture conversions are done by the plugin by getting it from texture memory or its own cache. You won't find this work in the emu core source. The emulator simply calls a function in the graphics dll to process a display list whenever a graphics task is pending.

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
abdulla

Check the "User Options", you need to turn on "Automatically Run Cheat Code" option.

Schibo.

We don't need to press F9 to activate codes any more. This feature was changed, I probably have forgot to tell you this.

Rice

OP
A

abdulla

cheats work for all games i've tried except zelda, is that because i'm loading from a save state? and i can never load from in game save, as in the eeprom, is there something i'm doing wrong?

OP
A

abdulla

also one more thing, how are you planning to implement jpeg support? or is that supported in jabo 1.4?

OP
A

abdulla

sorry, my fault, i had a different version of zelda to what the cheats where for (i had 1.0, it had 1.1)