What's new

1964 isnt picking up Jabos 1.5

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
Hey, I've tried out the new version of pj64, and it runs very well. But I want to see how Jabo's 1.5 on 1964 runs, but the thing is, in the setup plugins menu, it doesnt show it anywhere. does anyone else have this problem? Thanx.

PS. Was it made to be only for PJ64?

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
you have to copy the jabo gfx plugin from pj64's folder to 1964's. And yes, 1964 does work with jabo's gfx plugin.

btw theres no such thing as jabo 1.5 :p

OP
Gamer123

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
I copied it into 1964 plugin folder and it doesnt pick up, I dont know why, in the setup plugins option, I can pick up the older plugins but not the new one. What is its name under your setup plugins option?

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Gamer123 said:
I copied it into 1964 plugin folder and it doesnt pick up, I dont know why, in the setup plugins option, I can pick up the older plugins but not the new one. What is its name under your setup plugins option?

Well, there might be a change in the GFX plugin Spec... Maybe thats why it is not picking it up...

OP
Gamer123

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
Yeah, I noticied that Jabo's DSound 1.5 isnt being picked up by 1964 either. Maybe it is a gfx plugin spec change?

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i doubt it. it works fine on RC8.

i must say, jabo's d3d1.5 and 1964.0.8.4 (rc8) make a great combination. its damn fast, and many of the rom's that pj64 detects as bad, play fine with 1964. ogre battle being one example, and wow the gfx are fine. also resident evil 2 has less issues with jabo's d3d 1.5, although ull need to wait for the public release to see wat i mean ;)

Rice

Emulator Developer
Gamer123 said:

I don't have problems even with official 0.8.3, I guess you just need to restart your 1964.exe after copying the files.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I think I've recieved religion. There must be a god. Jabo has a 1.5 gfx plugin.
oh yeah
forgot.
If you are having a problem with .83 where the new jabo plugins aren't showing up, copy the DLL msvcr70.dll from the pj folder to your system folder (makes that dll accessible to all) then re-run 1964. everything shows up then.

My newfound religion isn't going so well. Nobody's fixed the shadows in pilotwings 64 yet. *sob*
--Karth

Last edited:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
karth95 said:
I think I've recieved religion. There must be a god. Jabo has a 1.5 gfx plugin.
oh yeah
forgot.
If you are having a problem with .83 where the new jabo plugins aren't showing up, copy the DLL msvcr70.dll from the pj folder to your system folder (makes that dll accessible to all) then re-run 1964. everything shows up then.

My newfound religion isn't going so well. Nobody's fixed the shadows in pilotwings 64 yet. *sob*
--Karth

Good Work! :happy:

karth95

Lord of the Cats
First off, I'd like to apologize, I'm stupid when I post at midnight. Second of all, if you have 2k or XP, the folder is going to be system32. If you don't want your DLL files getting stale or cluttering the system folder, copy the msvcr70.dll to your 1964 folder. This should make it all work.
--Karth

swarmster

Have any games really changed? I see only minor changes in a few titles. Any games that are greatly effected so that I can see what the big deal is? Maybe it's not working with me.

I have 1964.0.7.3

For one, I'm getting no inprovement in Mario Golf, which someone over in the PJ64 was praising yesterday.

Maybe I just haven't tested enough...

sk8bloke22

roll for life
mario golf looks basically perfect, and there are less slowdown issues with 1964, although they're still there.

dunno why u cant see the gfx improvements. do u still see blue install of grass for mario golf....could be ur gfx card.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
i dont know if there are changes to the zilmar spec (what are the big changes, cold1?). but many games have improved. for one, just looking at the browser shows much more green and much less color. and i have seen minor improvements to almost all my games

DarkKnight38

The original
shit man, mario golf for me was basically unplayable, now it's damn near perfect. Many big games that people were waiting to be playable are now near pefect as well (banjo tooie, ogre battle 64, etc). And there's been a plethora of minor improvements that make one huge update.