What's new

Final Fantasy

Eagle

aka Alshain
When I said I emulated all but those listed its beacuase I didnt need to emulate those 3. I had 1 for NES and 7 & 8 for PC. 10 is the only one I havent beaten including the translations 2 and 3 .

Nokturne

Well, correction, Wonderswan Color's FF 4 isn't superior, hehe.

If you live in Japan, FF11 has been out for the past half year, heard its a terrible game from a whole forum of people (and alot more), and the servers are supposedly total crap to boot. Sounds great eh? There goes the dreams of FF online...

Stezo2k

S-2K
Nokturne said:

If you live in Japan, FF11 has been out for the past half year, heard its a terrible game from a whole forum of people (and alot more), and the servers are supposedly total crap to boot. Sounds great eh? There goes the dreams of FF online...

Heh i never really expected it too be that good (how the hell can u have a storyline with ppl walkin about everywhere) it doesnt even deserve the name FF11, they should of called it final fantasy online or somthing.

Macca said:
never actaully played an FF game

Well get off ya ass and play it :) u'll njoy hopefully :)

BTW does any1 know when the remake of FF7 comes to ps2? or is it jus BS?

Stez

Cyberman

Stezo2k said:
Nokturne said:

Heh i never really expected it too be that good (how the hell can u have a storyline with ppl walkin about everywhere) it doesnt even deserve the name FF11, they should of called it final fantasy online or somthing.

Macca said:
never actaully played an FF game

Well get off ya ass and play it :) u'll njoy hopefully :)

BTW does any1 know when the remake of FF7 comes to ps2? or is it jus BS?

Stez

FRom what I've heard Square Soft had to table FF7 and FF8 conversions to PS2 due to the fact they screwed up FF11 BADLY and they got a cash infusion from SONY wrote off Square Productions (damn idiots built a studio in HAWAII) etc. They are hurting financially.. I remember debating with Blizz a year ago how successful an MMOLRPG would work with FF themes we all concluded.. not bloody likely but who knows? I have some FF11 music I downloaded that count? It's not bad but... I'm afraid Square realyl messed up.

I would like to see a new Legend of Mana game and a new Vagrant Story release.. VS was just too wild not to enjoy. Thing that makes Square a good company is they experiment.. VS was not there ussual thing but I liked it inspite how hard it was :)

The bouncer though I haven't played.. looked stupid to be honest. Perhaps I can bap them and see if they want to do some of my short stories as games? (Shrug)

Cyb

OP
yogaman

yogaman

Banned
okay.... I started this topic so I don't feel too bad changing the subject a bit: I'm stuck in Final Fantasy 3: I'm in the opera house and both exits are blocked....
any clue?

blizz

Cyberman said:
FRom what I've heard Square Soft had to table FF7 and FF8 conversions to PS2 due to the fact they screwed up FF11 BADLY and they got a cash infusion from SONY wrote off Square Productions (damn idiots built a studio in HAWAII) etc. They are hurting financially.. I remember debating with Blizz a year ago how successful an MMOLRPG would work with FF themes we all concluded.. not bloody likely but who knows? I have some FF11 music I downloaded that count? It's not bad but... I'm afraid Square realyl messed up.

I would like to see a new Legend of Mana game and a new Vagrant Story release.. VS was just too wild not to enjoy. Thing that makes Square a good company is they experiment.. VS was not there ussual thing but I liked it inspite how hard it was :)

The bouncer though I haven't played.. looked stupid to be honest. Perhaps I can bap them and see if they want to do some of my short stories as games? (Shrug)

Cyb

The Bouncer wasn't anything but pretty

FFXI has tanked compared to other FF games, I think it's probably a good game but prevent users from accessing all areas offline (since you need help from other characters classes) is a bit silly, designed to encourage co-op but probably won't much beyond circles of friends.

ideal FF game (since they want to move to a more action RPG game, think PSO) would have the complexities of FFX for leveling up and the battle feel of PSO, actually the RPG for this generation is going to have to pull that off, with a storyline, but that's just my own opinion about the state of RPGs ;)

Josep

eyerun4phun
yogaman said:
okay.... I started this topic so I don't feel too bad changing the subject a bit: I'm stuck in Final Fantasy 3: I'm in the opera house and both exits are blocked....
any clue?

allright, which exits are you talking about? the one on the bottom left or the two upper right ones? haven't played ff3 in awhile, but i've played it a few times over;) did you talk to saban? if thats what his name was, or that other guy sitting next to him?

OP
yogaman

yogaman

Banned
I talked to both of 'em .... there are two exits along the opera. The upper left leads to a locked door, the other one on the the right to a guy who tells that the way is off limits

Cyberman

yogaman said:
I talked to both of 'em .... there are two exits along the opera. The upper left leads to a locked door, the other one on the the right to a guy who tells that the way is off limits

I believe you have to switch your LEAD character to the ex Empire General because she looks like one of the famous opera singers.. they will let you in the off limit way but you have to have her sing parts of the opera. I would save state before that part begins and experiment some with it at that point.

Cyb - It's FF6 by the way (FF3 English you must be playing it on the SNES).

DarkKnight38

The original
Eagle said:
These are all the main series games, there is also numerous FF games that dont count as part of the traditional series like FF Tactics for PSX, All the Gameboy FF games, the upcoming FF game for GC that I was recently informed about, etc. etc.
The gameboy ones don't fall into the FF series, it was a bad translation. Final Fantasy adventures is part of the Seiken Densetsu series, and the Final Fantasy Legends are part of the SaGa series. FFT, i don't know if that was a bad translation on the name aswell, but i do believe it's actually part of the series. Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicals is the GC and GBA FFs (at least i think there's a gba version...), as well as a brand new FFT is comming to the GBA.

There's the wonderswan color remakes of some FFs as well. Also, Square plans on remaking FF1 and FF2 for the GBA. These will feature even better gfx among the two, and probably more features aswell.

EDIT: Whoa, really sorry guys. I kinda have a bad habit of forgeting to read pages beyond the first...

Josep

eyerun4phun
Cyberman said:
yogaman said:

I believe you have to switch your LEAD character to the ex Empire General because she looks like one of the famous opera singers.. they will let you in the off limit way but you have to have her sing parts of the opera. I would save state before that part begins and experiment some with it at that point.

Cyb - It's FF6 by the way (FF3 English you must be playing it on the SNES).

aw, ff3, only played it twice over;)

DarkKnight38

The original
yogaman, i think you have to go and talk to celes at that point. She should be in her dressing room, there's a door on the lower right i think that goes to the hall, and go up from there is her dressing room.