What's new

Counter factor problems

Eliminator

The Eliminator
Man....I can't get a proper counter factor setting for my system. I mean you reccomend CF-4 but that's way too fast and all the other ones are either too fast or to slow, the best one is CF-5 but even that's slow and choppy sometimes for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. This is really annoying because goldeneye ran better before this CF stuff was released in the new version. :angry:

schibo

Emulator Developer
heheh your box is a speed demon. I have no computers that fast here, but I could only venture a guess by saying that CF2 should be ideal for you with Goldeneye. Also, make sure that Audio Sync is enabled under the CPU menu, and that VI sync is enabled under the game options for Goldeneye.

schibo

OP
Eliminator

Eliminator

The Eliminator
Still to fast....

I tried CF-2 and still overspeeds. ??? This CF stuff is really confusing. On most CF settings on goldeneye my pp7 is like a machine pistol except on cf5 and cf3 where its slow.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Eliminator

Please follow Schibo's instruction. You should right click the rom, then set "AutoSync" at option "Max FPS" so to use speed limiter.

Rice

OP
Eliminator

Eliminator

The Eliminator
Jabo's D3D 1.3. If I could fix the CF problems, 1964 would the best. Even better than PJ64 for some games! :1964:

Rice

Emulator Developer
Eliminator

You should just use CF=2/4 on GoldenEye with MaxFPS="autosync", I can not see a reason why you still get over speed because vi/s should be limited to 58~62.

what vi/s do you get?

Rice

OP
Eliminator

Eliminator

The Eliminator
On CF-4 I get 57-61 but it's much too fast. On CF-2 I get 38-50 but same thing only slow gameplay at some times but I can tell that I jodu chop like 2 times faster than on a real n64.

Rice

Emulator Developer
ok, I see the problem. I have never played this game by myself on real N64.

I believe you should use CF=3.

CF=3 is using half-rate COMPARE/COUNT interrupt while CF=4 is using full rate.

Let me know if CF=3 works or not.

Does PJ64 has the same problem?

Rice

OP
Eliminator

Eliminator

The Eliminator
CF 3 seems to work best. I get about 57-61 VI/sec. Although it gets kinda jerky if for example I'm in this big level like Dam and I look at far as I can with a sniper rifle.....well while I zoom and look through the scope it slows down a lot. Don't know about PJ64 since 1.3 doesen't have CF.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i noticed that actually. big slowdown when zooming in. still faster than the real thing. the n64 plays the game at about 15-25fps (dunno wat that is in vi/s). :D

Rice

Emulator Developer
I think everything sounds great very CF=3.

big slowdown when zooming in

I doubt I can do anything better now on this and I believe all other emus has the exactly same problem. The game is very demanding at certain points like zooming. I believe not only the CPU core, but also video plugin are slowing down at such points.

btw, PJ1.3 is using the same CF as CF=4 in 1964.

Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
So PJ64 has a lot of place to optimize for this game. And PJ should much faster than that because it is very fast on other games.

btw, to know the real 1964 speed, you need to turn of the speed sync. Two ways to do it, one to turn the option off in rom setting, another way is to turn the "Auto Sync" off in CPU menu, or press [F6] key.

Rice

DSF

Rice said:

btw, to know the real 1964 speed, you need to turn of the speed sync. Two ways to do it, one to turn the option off in rom setting, another way is to turn the "Auto Sync" off in CPU menu, or press [F6] key.
If i do so all games are still working?

Rice

Emulator Developer
Of course the game is still working. Just it maybe too fast if you have a fast PC. You can try Super Mario 64 to see how fast it is. And no matter how fast, it is still working fine. Just too fast.

Rice

DSF

wow 1964 is faster than Corn and Pj64

1964 is the 2nd n64 emulator
Pj64 si the 1st n64 emulator because:
1. it use his own plugins
2. it is more user friendly