What's new

glNintendo64() v0.3 (unreleased)

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
About Open Source:

If you did infact go open source I wouldn't mind having a crack at porting it. I'm trying to learn Linux GUI and function calls so it would be a really neat project :)

Natus

well, i know several other ppl have already said this, so it's going to be extremely passe, but here it goes:

f#$%ing awesome looking shots orkin :)
your plugin is coming along very nicely ... keep it up mate!

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
Whoa! The first plugin that shows correctly the fairy colors in Zelda MM :)

Keep up the good work!

PD.: What about the speed?

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Johann said:

Keep up the good work!

nope, icepirs also does tael's color right.

but this doesnt deny the amount of progress made in this plugin. If it will only work (the combiners!) on my radeon:(

XS Guile

Tireur d'élite
little question

great work Orkin hope it will work as good on my radeon
I have a question : :D
Will you or do you add he new Ucode found by Rice in other word resident evil banjo tooie ...etc will be playable?
because my radeon don t like the 3d with Rice's plugin :(

and for the question about the radeon maybe you will find the reponse here: http://mirror.ati.com/products/pc/radeon8500/index.html

Good Luck and Au revoir ;)

Romboy

http://www.stormfront.org
http://mirror.ati.com/developer/index.html <---- This is a little more helful I think.

All I have to say about your plugin is that it's looking better than your eyes can see. :)

Really good luck to you, I don't know but you might be the first person developing a video plugin optimized for The ATI RADEON 8000/9000 series of cards. I wish you the best of luck.

Last edited:

icepir8

Johann said:

Keep up the good work!

ah hm: TR64 ogl plugin showed the Zelda MoM fairies colors correctly.
:)

icepir8

Well.....
I've decided to redo texture loads again. I'm looking into using multi texturing also. So its probably going to take awhile for the next release.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Here's a question I've had for a while: How hard is it to add support for ATi's TruForm? 'Cause that would just be so totally awesome.

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Thanks for all the feedback, to answer some of your questions:

TruForm:
I actually experimented with some software TruForm back when I was doing a D3D plugin (never released). The results weren't extremely nice. The problem was that many N64 games cheat with normals alot, which is what the TruForm calculations are based on. I'll look into it anyway, it might work well with some games. If it's not a big deal to add, you _might_ see another check box in the config dialog in the next release...

Speed:
Some games are faster than the last version (1080 for instance), but overall it's slower than the last version right now. I'm not sure why yet, seems like it should be faster. Maybe running a profiler on it will shed some light. Will work on it before next release.

Fullscreen:
Not in there yet, it shouldn't be hard to add though. Look for it in the next version.

Radeon Support:
I did find that the Radeon has 3 texture units, and supports subtracting and crossbaring. This will let me make it alot better, but it's going to take time (especially since I don't have a Radeon to test it with). So don't expect full quality in 0.3, maybe by 0.4...

As far as when, well...it's going to take a little longer than I had hoped. School's started again, and I'm doing some pretty big things at work right now, so time has become harder to find. I still want to work out a few bugs, improve the combiner a little more, increase speed some, and add fullscreen before I release.

Orkin

XS Guile

Tireur d'élite
i have an idea

I think i can help you for the radeon support because I have a radeon 8500 :)
So i can becoming a beta tester ;)
I love the N64 emulation and I really want to see your plugin working on my radeon
If you agree I will always be ready to test your plugin, even the night :D
If you are interested just tell me "OKI" !!! lol
See ya

My system spec:

Last edited: