What's new

Need Banjo-Kazooie Save state...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OtNife

Hi,

I was quite happily working my way through Banjo-Kazooie, when my save state decided to become corrupted.
I'd got to "Rusty Bucket Bay" (with the ship), quite far into the game.

Has anyone got a save state for this level??? - I can't bring myself to start over.

When I load the state, the game instantly freezes - showing those strange large yellow digits on a black background.

Pretty Please!!!!!!

I know now that native N64 saves are more stable......

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Don't think there is anyone who has. I'm sorry; but I think you'll have to start over again. If there's any cheats, then try using some to get that far.

Tesla-Guy

Here it is. Exctract both files project64\saves . I can't believe there are ppl not getting bored of this game ??? I started playing it when pj1.1 was released and got bored of it before pj1.2 was released. I have never played it since. I'm sure i got into Rustbacket Bay but i think i haven't got any jiggies yet

Rice

Emulator Developer
Has any one finished this game completely? I mean you have passed all the Gruntilda's quiz and fighted with Gruntilda.

I seems to have problem after opening the 810 note door, then PJ64 shows invalid opcode error message, same as in 1964. I have even download a clean save state file from the Net, still have the same problem after entering the 810 note door. PJ64 will show errors if I stand close to the level 10 picture.

Yoshi

sympathetic dinosaur
there's the permanent loop bug and the invisible tree in frezzezy peak. Sometimes if you enter in a world just cleared ( with 100 notes) instead of having 0 notes you have 100 or 150!!! (Collecting a note cause a crash in this case.) I made a lot of screens with bugs on B-K. I'll post them later.

OP
O

OtNife

Thanks everyone - in particular Tesla-Guy (your save state is perfect!!!!!!)

I think B-K's a pretty cool little game, for what is basically an utter Mario64 ripoff! I mess about with PJ64 1.3 on my computer at work, so I can only play for about 5 mins at a time - soon as I hear the boss coming it's off, quick!! :D

Trying to play it on my home computer is pointless - with framerates at about 1/hour! :hrm: Makes work seem quite appealing!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Rice said:
Has any one finished this game completely? I mean you have passed all the Gruntilda's quiz and fighted with Gruntilda.

I seems to have problem after opening the 810 note door, then PJ64 shows invalid opcode error message, same as in 1964. I have even download a clean save state file from the Net, still have the same problem after entering the 810 note door. PJ64 will show errors if I stand close to the level 10 picture.

could you post/send me a save for that please? or anyone else

Rice

Emulator Developer
Smiff

Use this save file, its a EEPROM and mempak file.

Just load game 1, then go direct to level 1 pic, when you go closer to level 1 pic (when you go closer to any level pic), PJ will show errors.

Rice

Emulator Developer
you know what, this is a Jabo 1.4 D3D bug. If I use Jabo 1.3, everything is ok.

hisownsidekick

Wow, I can't believe this. I found myself in the exact same situation (corrupted save state right at Rusty Bucket Bay) and I google "banjo-kazooie save," and what's the first result listed? A goddamn save file right where I need it.

Thanks, Tesla-Guy, for being so awesome that a post made in 2001 is still helpful four years later.

Solar

Kebab?
Rice said:

yep i completed this about 2 months ago now, with 845 notes.
Was using pj64 1.5 with jabos plugin and didnt have 1 problem what so ever :icecream:
Are you teling me no one here has seen the giant jinjo kick gruntildas a** ?
(how ever i did use a guide on the net)

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
No, but we should be telling you that that post was from well over 4 years ago back in 2001, and has absolutely no relevance today. In other words, you really, really need to think before you post.
P.S. Use Project64 1.6. It's generally better that 1.5, in case you haven't noticed.

jakecrawford

Here it is. Exctract both files project64\saves . I can't believe there are ppl not getting bored of this game ??? I started playing it when pj1.1 was released and got bored of it before pj1.2 was released. I have never played it since. I'm sure i got into Rustbacket Bay but i think i haven't got any jiggies yet

Hi, where is the file??? I need this file!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.