What's new

Super Smash Bros' small Problem...

Glurak

Ok I got a small problem with Super Smash Bros' it's a graphic problem but i think it has to do with the core since it works fine in pj64 (using the same plugin settings) (and I could change the problem when disabling FPU Hack)

Ok well if I have FPU Hack enabled it either looks like this or this
as you can see the starting light thingys aren't displayed correctly (in the first pic that bar on the left is't as high as it should be and in the second the whole thingy is at the bottom but the light is still where it should be)
It seems to be random which way of display I get... one time I also got an lockup after completing the first bonus stage but this might be another problem and I couldn't reproduce it so maybe it's not related to this at all...

Now if I disable the FPUHack the previous problem is gone but it sometimes looks like this (I think this pic is Ness it also could be Link I'm not shure) this only happens at the startup and only if it zooms a bit like in links' stage (that's where I made that shot) plus it only happens sometimes sometimes it doesn't happen sometimes it does... it just way to much...

I tried a lot of different settings (even with the interpreter) but i couldn't make this problem go away is there a way to make it go away via settings? Or is this related to my computer? Well it isn't really that important since it only happens on startup so it doesn't affect gameplay at all but I'm just curious ;)

My specs:
Amd Athlon 750MHz
Elsa Erazor 3 LT
Win98
(I hope this is enough)

edit: oops forgot my plugin settings:
Jabo Direct 3d 1.3 (Direct 3d Hal, 640x480, triple Buffer page flips with vsync, internal transforms, fog, use 32bit textures if needed, change blending mode if not valid for video card, frame buffer emu: none)
Azimer 0.3 rev2.2
Nrage 6.1

edit2: Super Smash Bros. (U) [!]

I hope I didn't foget anything and I hope I didn't make to many grammar or writing mistakes (I'm german...) ;)

Last edited:

schibo

Emulator Developer
thanks for the screen shots, yep i have seen it as well. haven't looked to the problem yet tho.