What's new

Stars Wars top 100 film... how?

blizz

at the bbc (even though it was on Channel 4)

1. Star Wars / Empire Strikes Back
  2. The Godfather / Godfather II
  3. The Shawshank Redemption
  4. Pulp Fiction
  5. Some Like it Hot
  6. Gladiator
  7. It's a Wonderful Life
  8. Blade Runner
  9. Schindler's List
  10. Goodfellas
    [/list=1]

I just can't fathom this, Star Wars is crap, and Terminator which was 98 should have been higher up (at least above Titanic), but when the reviewer raved about the humanisation of the machine and how you could actually like Arnie as the terminator I realised something was wrong, but there was some good stuff in there like Gladiator, Shawshank Redemption and Casablanca,

Macca

Oh and you can't forget

Fight Club
Snatch
Lock Stock
Se7en
Austin Powers 1 & 2
Mummy 1 & 2
Shrek
Hurricane
Clockwork orange
Almos Famous

hehe...they are my best dvds :D and i only buy my favourite movies :cool:

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
Macca said:
What about the matrix? <--- one of the best films ever :colgate:

The Matrix? You can't be serious? Apart from the special FX there was nothing good about it.

Macca

look at the story - can you get more original
look at the special effects - mmmm...bullet time
look at the acting - excellent

Eagle

aka Alshain
Raging Fuel said:

The Matrix? You can't be serious? Apart from the special FX there was nothing good about it.

The Matrix was awesome. The plot development and storyline were the best, the special effects were just added stuff but thats not what makes it such a good movie.

I love the part when he walks throught the metal detector and the guard starts asking him to remove any metallic objects, then he opens his coat. That was hillarious.

Macca

"Could you please remove any mettalic items such as keys or loose change"

"Holy Shit!" :devil:

Best lines in a movie for a long time :D

Raging Fuel

Macca said:
look at the story - can you get more original
look at the special effects - mmmm...bullet time
look at the acting - excellent

I thought the story was pretty crap actually. The whole 'the world u are living in isnt real' has been done many time before. It was really just your average 'u are the greatest person ever and now must save the world'

As i said the special fx were great.

Are you serious? Keanu Reeves acting? The only good actor was Laurence Fishburne.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
I think Matrix rocked... Had a great story IMHO, and the coolest fighting sequences in ages. though i think that Lock Stock should have been at least in the top 10, it was friggin hilarious.

Martin

Administrator
I think Matrix is one of the better movies I've seen. I might not be smart enough, but I thought the story was cool. The special effects were awesome, bullet time owned.

But as Raging Fuel says, Keanu Reeves is anything but a good actor. Laurence Fishburne, however, that's a man who knows how to act. The other actors were good as well. The "head" agent was damn cool :) :D :devil:

Raging Fuel

Martin said:
I think Matrix is one of the better movies I've seen. I might not be smart enough, but I thought the story was cool. The special effects were awesome, bullet time owned.

But as Raging Fuel says, Keanu Reeves is anything but a good actor. Laurence Fishburne, however, that's a man who knows how to act. The other actors were good as well. The "head" agent was damn cool :) :D :devil:

The 'head' agent was aussie Hugo Weaving. He kicks ass:)

BTW: Lock Stock rocked:D

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
My favourite part in "Lock Stock" was when this dude talked about the "Butthole ticklers" (or whatever was the name, i can`t remember it) as a way to get money. When the other guy told him that getting the money in a month is too late, and he said: "oh well, but that`s still a good idea", I almost wet my pants.

Pulp Fiction was only 10? It`s totally one of my most favourite movies, a specially the part when Travolta blew the black guys head in the car. He was like "oh man, i blew Marvin`s head off", and Samuel Jackson tells him "Why the fuck did you do that for?" Man, that`s one of the funniest phrases ever

OP
blizz

blizz

LOL my problem with Star Wars stems from the Ewoks, they kicked the Empires arse. and not with guns oh no, with wood and stone,, they spent two films building the empire up as an near undefeatable force with them just snatching a victory over the first DeathStar, and then the Ewoks turn up and kick arse, the stories are completely crap too, I loved it when I was little but now it's just silly

Pulp Fiction was good and I was damm impressed with it, since it's filmed by three directors in three parts it can confuse you but it all makes sense in the end.

The Matrix was a very close copy of The Invisibles but since the Invisibles lacked a sense of fun like THe Matrix then your damm right it should have been higher, it pushed the special effects boundary, and pushed a lazy actor (well Keanu ran at least ;) )

I prefer Lock Stock to Snatch, since they're basically the same but Lock Stock just feels more raw and less manicured

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was in there, which is a good film, but there are better martial arts films, however I doubt any of those films have yet capture the same imagery as CTHD did, plus Zhang Ziyi is hot :colgate:

Eagle

aka Alshain
blizz said:
LOL my problem with Star Wars stems from the Ewoks, they kicked the Empires arse. and not with guns oh no, with wood and stone,, they spent two films building the empire up as an near undefeatable force with them just snatching a victory over the first DeathStar, and then the Ewoks turn up and kick arse, the stories are completely crap too, I loved it when I was little but now it's just silly

It twernt the stones that beat them, it was the element of surprise. Besides, thats Return Of The Jedi, not Star Wars or Empire Strikes Back :p

OP
blizz

blizz

Eagle said:

It twernt the stones that beat them, it was the element of surprise. Besides, thats Return Of The Jedi, not Star Wars or Empire Strikes Back :p

I know :p it's still the same thing, you can't consider one film and then not the other two ;)

Still it would have been even more surprising to the Empire if the Ewoks had turned up in space. ;)