Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_eot
    Hey there smiff , I've already broken some of the rules here
    I got kinda curious about what your rules are after you closed my first post

I just wanted to say I think your rules are fair
    and it doesn't really matter if I like or don't like your rules , I respect them.

Honestly this is the first forum I've ever really desired to be a part of
    because I thought it was about people helping other people as much
    as possible when it comes to anything project 64 related wich would
    include third party plugins , however we don't seem to see eye to eye
    on that , I can certanly see your point about third party plugins because
    their not part of the project64 package bundel so I'll comply with that.
    The thing about 3rd party plugins is... This is the official PJ64 support site not some unofficial board run by "fans". We, the PJ64 team, actually come here to help people and gather information on trying to improve the emulation of certain games or as a whole the application.

We're especially glad when we see someone get a game working when we werent able to or gave up on. When someone comes in here posting about 3rd party plugins we're clueless about them. We cant help you and when people start mass posting about something we dont know about or dont have the time to know about it gets on our nerves.

Its really not that complex... If you need help with a certain plugin find its own forum if possible, this ensures a speedy and possible official response from the authors or its support crew.

We especially do not want see certain posts like "Help with Rice's video plugin" or "Rice's plugin has messed up graphics" at this current time. We're currently working on trying to improve game compatibility with the rdb and posts like that are completely irrelevent to what we are trying to accomplish.

It just comes down to these rules
    1) If it happens on PJ64 and you know its a problem happening with the default plugins then yes by all means try to get help and do try other 3rd party plugins and clue us in on what the problem is and how it was resolved
    2) If you're certain its not related to a 3rd party plugin (and you're on a 3rd party plugin) but an issue with PJ64 itself do post and mention why you believe its not related to the plugin you are using -- but remember do try to test out default plugins.
    3) If the problem is solely related to the 3rd party plugin find its own place to report the problem. We cant help you and you're not helping us make improve PJ64. -- If the problem is a joint problem then the author of the 3rd party plugin should kindly let us know of an issue or contact the authors of PJ64 (getting ahold of one of the testers is much easier)

While we dont support 3rd party plugins that doesnt mean we dont use or turn a blind a eye to them. If a 3rd party plugin gives you better results on something, fantastic. If a 3rd party plugin helps you get further in a game when we state otherwise then let us in on it -- That's exactly the type of feedback we're looking for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just updating the links to point to the new site.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe it's a good idea to mention Project64K discussion is about netplay. I posted a netplay question here because I didn't looked at the general emulation (because my question is for the Project64), and didn't saw anywhere netplay discussions must be in Project64K.

PJ64 Cheat Master Samurai Snack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    whoa this thread is old...

well anyways, i was wanting to know if "bumping" was considered spam. I would think so but i want to make sure.
    Fan of Zelda? Come to Zeldas Secret Ocarina. We accept English. | Ventilateur de Zelda ? Venez au secret Ocarina de Zeldas. Nous acceptons le français.| Zelda のファンか。Zeldas の秘密Ocarina に来られる。私達は日本語を受け入れる。| Ventilador de Zelda? Vindo ao segredo Ocarina de Zeldas. Nós aceitamos Portugese. | ¿Ventilador de Zelda? Venido al secreto Ocarina de Zeldas. Aceptamos español.

http://zso.krahs-emag.com/zcforums

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thread has to be dead for a few days before bumping is generally acceptable. Bumping stuff after a few minutes (like an IRC channel) is unacceptable in all cases. If no one responds after that bump, it is likely no one knows the answer or can't decipher the OP - so continual bumping without providing more info is generally frowned upon. Basically, use your common sense.

Edit: Updated the ATI driver link to: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
    Last edited by Clements; December 7th, 2006 at 17:47.

Naughty Little Rat ethangilchrist's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As far as bumping goes, I've found a reasonable rule of thumb is to only bump if your thread has been moved off the first page of posts and has gone at least a week without a response.

The Great Gunblade Wielder squall_leonhart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    was there a need to post to this thread? it hasn't been updated in nearly a year, with the first post being nearly 10 years old .

acceptable bumping is done when the thread is reaching the end of the first page, or on the second, as long as it hasnt been addressed.

if the thread has been addressed (ie one of the staff or members asks for details) and the user does not provide and bumps anyway, then said member usually needs to be hit with an admin hammer repeatedly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by squall_leonhart View Post
    ...with the first post being nearly 10 years old .
    Unless you can see something I can't, the first post was in November of 2001 (which, needless to say is only about six years old).

The Great Gunblade Wielder squall_leonhart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    rounding off the nearest 10

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Silly me, of course.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast