Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFox
    I was just browsing through this thread, and I noticed that the link to GoodN64 should probably be changed to something like http://emutalk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=82 because you will be directed to an old version of GoodN64 with Smiff's link. There may be some more links in that post that need to be updated, too.
    Thanks, updated link now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u
    if that was an attempt to be funny it sucked
    Really? I cracked up.
    - Peej

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    You realize 2fast4u's post is from December 31st, 2003, 14:30?
    Tag me @Martin and I'll get back to you ASAP

The Emulation64 Network offers you free hosting!
    Click here for requirements and contact info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, haha. This is the first time I read the forum rules... he..he...
    - Peej

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is a translation of the German given by Tri Me- it makes very little sense and is very... interesting.

The following guidelines apply on everyone. Breaking it can result in and mean a durable prohibition that you are not in that, to communicate here again.

NOT

If you ask for ROMAS (commercial plays), explain to people, where one receives ROMAS, or you ask people to associate with you outside of the forum.
    If you form characteristic a request, ask, when the following version comes out, or ask you for source program.
    Ask, how one plays a play (attendance gamefaqs.com instead of).
    Small articles discuss you, plays or other Nacheiferer excluded, those specificaly related to Project64.
    Ask, why it is slow or looks/sounds bad, if you are below Minimumspezifikt. (you see to user manual).
    If you insult people without reason, announce all or Spam.
    Give the same thing to more than one forum admit (someone considers).
    This thread is the only place, which I would like to see to BLOCK CAPITALS!
    Abuse Zubehoere. Only relevant documents of the post.

GUIDELINES...
    ... for the people, the assistance need:

Guarantee first that you use:
    The PRESENT VERSION of Project64 and the newest SERVICE PACKING.
    RESETTING plugins (all Jabos) and STANDARD UNDERTAKINGS (you that, thus as again install user manual clean) see.
    GOOD ROMAS, by making a blueprint it with GoodN64. (you see >, ROMAS examining to reference in the user manual).
    The NEWEST OS updates (including DirectX) and drivers for your small articles (nVidia, ATI, creative etc.).
    If, after one did that whole mentioned above, your problem is not regulated yet:
    Examine the Project64 Readme, user manual, GameFAQ (all 3 included) and on-LINE-FAQ, in order to see, if your question is already answered.
    Use the "titles =" />FORUM "smilieid="141 "SEARCH to see to if your topic is already discussed.
    If, after you did that whole mentioned above, you must still communicate:
    If you write please in English, so obviously, as you can.
    Give us all information, which we need: System Spezifikt. (CCU, Windows, video map, driver, DirectX, etc.), ROM good name, any attitudes, which changed you. A screen SHOT (and/or condition except) can be very useful.
    If you must begin a new thread, give him a meaningful title (e.g. "[ problem ] in [ play ]", not "assistance!")

Remember please:
    If their question the referred Ueberbruecker is, insert it into the forum of the Ueberbruecker PJ64
    Most people, which answer to you, ' experts are not, them are normal people as. They can make errors!

... for the people, the assistance give:
    answer the question e.g.. "you must change this attitude", not "try another emu".
    it is okay, people on the FAQ, the threads, to refer the web site etc. if you know, exists a good explanation already.
    if you do not know really the answer, please you do not communicate at all. Answers, which do not help, or, to educate people fair Spam are you.
    remain on topic! it is irritating to have it thread distant topic.

The remainder of this thread is for discussion over the guidelines, you must read not somehow to promote!

You enjoy the forum last, there are some intelligent people here
    He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife.
    Then he realized there was a contradiction involved
    here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
    -Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    can you be more lax with the asking for rom part. ROM's are technically legal once you own a copy of the software. Most people that get roms are not crooks. Some of use actually own the games and systems. I t would be nice to have a pc copy which is legal.
    Last edited by Clements; September 29th, 2006 at 04:36. Reason: Remove Quote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qap_98
    can you be more lax with the asking for rom part. ROM's are technically legal once you own a copy of the software. Most people that get roms are not crooks. Some of use actually own the games and systems. I t would be nice to have a pc copy which is legal.
    This has always been a legal grey-area (which is why we discourage ALL discussions relating to the matter), but our general understanding of the law states that a rom is legal only when you make a back-up of a cartridge you own. This does not give you the right to download a rom that someone else ripped. You need to buy the equipment and dump the contents from your carts yourself.

Stays crunchy in miak
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff
    DO NOT
    1. Make a feature request, ask when the next version is coming out, or ask for source code.
    So does this mean that if I were to--hypothetically--ask if Kaillera might be implemented for a future release because I'm sick of using inferior emulators like 1964 and Pj64k to play online, I'd really be asking for a ban?

Hypothetically, of course. 'Cause if that's the case, I'll shut up now.
    Stupendiferous! Let us achieve!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I should clarify the "no feature requests" part. Polite suggests are ok & welcome, but you should know that almost everything (I think possibly everything) in pj64 is our own ideas. But if you come up with something neat, simple and useful to many people it would be considered. implementing it and releasing it are whole different things though!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rules

Hey there smiff , I've already broken some of the rules here
    I got kinda curious about what your rules are after you closed my first post

I just wanted to say I think your rules are fair
    and it doesn't really matter if I like or don't like your rules , I respect them.

Honestly this is the first forum I've ever really desired to be a part of
    because I thought it was about people helping other people as much
    as possible when it comes to anything project 64 related wich would
    include third party plugins , however we don't seem to see eye to eye
    on that , I can certanly see your point about third party plugins because
    their not part of the project64 package bundel so I'll comply with that.
    Last edited by sir_eot; May 18th, 2005 at 08:19. Reason: More bee's with honey

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast