What's new

RULES THREAD - READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!

th3l3fty

This is a translation of the German given by Tri Me- it makes very little sense and is very... interesting.

The following guidelines apply on everyone. Breaking it can result in and mean a durable prohibition that you are not in that, to communicate here again.

NOT

If you ask for ROMAS (commercial plays), explain to people, where one receives ROMAS, or you ask people to associate with you outside of the forum.
If you form characteristic a request, ask, when the following version comes out, or ask you for source program.
Ask, how one plays a play (attendance gamefaqs.com instead of).
Small articles discuss you, plays or other Nacheiferer excluded, those specificaly related to Project64.
Ask, why it is slow or looks/sounds bad, if you are below Minimumspezifikt. (you see to user manual).
If you insult people without reason, announce all or Spam.
Give the same thing to more than one forum admit (someone considers).
This thread is the only place, which I would like to see to BLOCK CAPITALS!
Abuse Zubehoere. Only relevant documents of the post.

GUIDELINES...
... for the people, the assistance need:

Guarantee first that you use:
The PRESENT VERSION of Project64 and the newest SERVICE PACKING.
RESETTING plugins (all Jabos) and STANDARD UNDERTAKINGS (you that, thus as again install user manual clean) see.
GOOD ROMAS, by making a blueprint it with GoodN64. (you see >, ROMAS examining to reference in the user manual).
The NEWEST OS updates (including DirectX) and drivers for your small articles (nVidia, ATI, creative etc.).
If, after one did that whole mentioned above, your problem is not regulated yet:
Examine the Project64 Readme, user manual, GameFAQ (all 3 included) and on-LINE-FAQ, in order to see, if your question is already answered.
Use the "titles =" />FORUM "smilieid="141 "SEARCH to see to if your topic is already discussed.
If, after you did that whole mentioned above, you must still communicate:
If you write please in English, so obviously, as you can.
Give us all information, which we need: System Spezifikt. (CCU, Windows, video map, driver, DirectX, etc.), ROM good name, any attitudes, which changed you. A screen SHOT (and/or condition except) can be very useful.
If you must begin a new thread, give him a meaningful title (e.g. "[ problem ] in [ play ]", not "assistance!")

Remember please:
If their question the referred Ueberbruecker is, insert it into the forum of the Ueberbruecker PJ64
Most people, which answer to you, ' experts are not, them are normal people as. They can make errors!

... for the people, the assistance give:
answer the question e.g.. "you must change this attitude", not "try another emu".
it is okay, people on the FAQ, the threads, to refer the web site etc. if you know, exists a good explanation already.
if you do not know really the answer, please you do not communicate at all. Answers, which do not help, or, to educate people fair Spam are you.
remain on topic! it is irritating to have it thread distant topic.

The remainder of this thread is for discussion over the guidelines, you must read not somehow to promote!

You enjoy the forum last, there are some intelligent people here

qap_98

can you be more lax with the asking for rom part. ROM's are technically legal once you own a copy of the software. Most people that get roms are not crooks. Some of use actually own the games and systems. I t would be nice to have a pc copy which is legal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Allnatural

qap_98 said:
can you be more lax with the asking for rom part. ROM's are technically legal once you own a copy of the software. Most people that get roms are not crooks. Some of use actually own the games and systems. I t would be nice to have a pc copy which is legal.
This has always been a legal grey-area (which is why we discourage ALL discussions relating to the matter), but our general understanding of the law states that a rom is legal only when you make a back-up of a cartridge you own. This does not give you the right to download a rom that someone else ripped. You need to buy the equipment and dump the contents from your carts yourself.

MonkeyforaHead

Stays crunchy in miak
Smiff said:
DO NOT
  1. Make a feature request, ask when the next version is coming out, or ask for source code.
So does this mean that if I were to--hypothetically--ask if Kaillera might be implemented for a future release because I'm sick of using inferior emulators like 1964 and Pj64k to play online, I'd really be asking for a ban? :whistling

Hypothetically, of course. :p 'Cause if that's the case, I'll shut up now. :ermm:

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
I should clarify the "no feature requests" part. Polite suggests are ok & welcome, but you should know that almost everything (I think possibly everything) in pj64 is our own ideas. But if you come up with something neat, simple and useful to many people it would be considered. implementing it and releasing it are whole different things though!

sir_eot

Rules

Hey there smiff , I've already broken some of the rules here
I got kinda curious about what your rules are after you closed my first post

I just wanted to say I think your rules are fair
and it doesn't really matter if I like or don't like your rules , I respect them.

Honestly this is the first forum I've ever really desired to be a part of
because I thought it was about people helping other people as much
as possible when it comes to anything project 64 related wich would
include third party plugins , however we don't seem to see eye to eye
on that , I can certanly see your point about third party plugins because
their not part of the project64 package bundel so I'll comply with that.

Last edited:

RadeonUser

sir_eot said:
Hey there smiff , I've already broken some of the rules here
I got kinda curious about what your rules are after you closed my first post

I just wanted to say I think your rules are fair
and it doesn't really matter if I like or don't like your rules , I respect them.

Honestly this is the first forum I've ever really desired to be a part of
because I thought it was about people helping other people as much
as possible when it comes to anything project 64 related wich would
include third party plugins , however we don't seem to see eye to eye
on that , I can certanly see your point about third party plugins because
their not part of the project64 package bundel so I'll comply with that.

The thing about 3rd party plugins is... This is the official PJ64 support site not some unofficial board run by "fans". We, the PJ64 team, actually come here to help people and gather information on trying to improve the emulation of certain games or as a whole the application.

We're especially glad when we see someone get a game working when we werent able to or gave up on. When someone comes in here posting about 3rd party plugins we're clueless about them. We cant help you and when people start mass posting about something we dont know about or dont have the time to know about it gets on our nerves.

Its really not that complex... If you need help with a certain plugin find its own forum if possible, this ensures a speedy and possible official response from the authors or its support crew.

We especially do not want see certain posts like "Help with Rice's video plugin" or "Rice's plugin has messed up graphics" at this current time. We're currently working on trying to improve game compatibility with the rdb and posts like that are completely irrelevent to what we are trying to accomplish.

It just comes down to these rules
1) If it happens on PJ64 and you know its a problem happening with the default plugins then yes by all means try to get help and do try other 3rd party plugins and clue us in on what the problem is and how it was resolved
2) If you're certain its not related to a 3rd party plugin (and you're on a 3rd party plugin) but an issue with PJ64 itself do post and mention why you believe its not related to the plugin you are using -- but remember do try to test out default plugins.
3) If the problem is solely related to the 3rd party plugin find its own place to report the problem. We cant help you and you're not helping us make improve PJ64. -- If the problem is a joint problem then the author of the 3rd party plugin should kindly let us know of an issue or contact the authors of PJ64 (getting ahold of one of the testers is much easier)

While we dont support 3rd party plugins that doesnt mean we dont use or turn a blind a eye to them. If a 3rd party plugin gives you better results on something, fantastic. If a 3rd party plugin helps you get further in a game when we state otherwise then let us in on it -- That's exactly the type of feedback we're looking for.

Slipknot

Maybe it's a good idea to mention Project64K discussion is about netplay. I posted a netplay question here because I didn't looked at the general emulation (because my question is for the Project64), and didn't saw anywhere netplay discussions must be in Project64K.

Samurai Snack

PJ64 Cheat Master
:shifty: whoa this thread is old...

well anyways, i was wanting to know if "bumping" was considered spam. I would think so but i want to make sure.

Clements

Thread has to be dead for a few days before bumping is generally acceptable. Bumping stuff after a few minutes (like an IRC channel) is unacceptable in all cases. If no one responds after that bump, it is likely no one knows the answer or can't decipher the OP - so continual bumping without providing more info is generally frowned upon. Basically, use your common sense.

Edit: Updated the ATI driver link to: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Last edited:

ethangilchrist

Naughty Little Rat
As far as bumping goes, I've found a reasonable rule of thumb is to only bump if your thread has been moved off the first page of posts and has gone at least a week without a response.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
was there a need to post to this thread? it hasn't been updated in nearly a year, with the first post being nearly 10 years old :p.

acceptable bumping is done when the thread is reaching the end of the first page, or on the second, as long as it hasnt been addressed.

if the thread has been addressed (ie one of the staff or members asks for details) and the user does not provide and bumps anyway, then said member usually needs to be hit with an admin hammer repeatedly.