What's new

I know it has problems, but any positive feedbacks?

Rice

Emulator Developer
Besides the bugs and issues reports, anyone has positivie feedbacks to tell that the plugin is making any games running better than before, comparing to other available plugins? Positive feedbacks could encourage anyone may pickup the project.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Hehe...right...you deserve your positive feedback :)
Well...but since I have those problems because of my TNT 1 I can't tell if some games run better...the only thing I can say till now is that the Zelda-Logo never looked soooo sweet :D

Thubb

kewl plugin rice !!!

for a lot of games, this plugin is my first choice now...

but zelda [e] looks really ugly :( and in pj64 the statusbar flashes in fullscreen mode (thank god not in 1964 :) )

keep on this damn good work !!!!!!

greets from germany :colgate:

Eddy

I Run This
i thought you where tired of hearing this :) alot of games run real well. Very fast, and with .0.8.4 it runs like a dream, some games have small combiner problems, but nothin that prevents it from being used. The plugin is already very comparable to jabo. Also, rice, if its not that hard, try and implement a missing combiner function in the plugin, like dave's plugin. Which tells you what combiner is missing and where.

oh and also rice, in the 0.8.4 beta, why not make the default name the rom's filename, instead of the internal rom name?

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Thubb:"and in pj64 the statusbar flashes in fullscreen mode (thank god not in 1964 ) "

Oh...I forgot...I had that flushing status bar in every game on 1964 0.73...well...but I guess it's my TNT 1 again :p

Oravla

Hi rice great work

Test in 1964 0.83c with default settings in emu and plugin.
Geforce 2 mx 200 64mb

Extreme G: Playable, some gfx errors.
Penny Racers: Visible cars.
Kirby 64: Playable, menus in game ok.
Star Wars Shadow of empire:Menus ok, no 3d in game.
Star Wars Episode I racer: Very playable,Menus Ok, some gfx problems in game.
Bomberman 64: Playable, no black shadow in game.
Bust - a - move 99: Full Playable.
Deadly arts: Playable, no depth / hud problem.
Mortal Kombat Trilogy: a bit faster.
V-Rally edition 99: Playable, no sky problem, arrows issue, menus issues.
Wwf no mercy: Fully playable, no menus problem.
Virtual pro wrestling: Playable, no black layer problem.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr mario: Playable in 1964 and pj64 with framebuffersettings in Copy and back.

Yoshi story: Playable in pj64 only in protected memory in rom options.

AIPER666

Good work, Rice. :thumbsup:

Now we can play Evangelion64 using your plugin and it is a beautiful experience... thx Rice!

I think the Daedalus D3D8 will be the standard plugin for n64 emulation...

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
oh and also rice, in the 0.8.4 beta, why not make the default name the rom's filename, instead of the internal rom name?

Eddy, it is configurable, you need to right click on the rom list header to show a pop up menu.

Duncan

N64 Addict
Im not even close to half way done with the Ini, but heres some positive feedback with some games that are much improved over Jabos:

Airboarder 64 (E) [!] (Jabos had bad res and gfx errors)
Armorines - Project S.W.A.R.M. (E) and (U)(perfect, Jabos had gfx errors)
Asteroids Hyper 64 (U) [!] (perfect, Jabos had slow down when asteriods were destroyed)
Bass Hunter 64 (E) [!] (more playable, no flashing like Jabos had)
Bass Racing Ecogear Power Worm Championship (J) [!] fully playable, Jabos couldnt support it)
Bio F.R.E.A.K.S. (E) and (U) (all menus are visible and plays nice, Jabos didnt fair as well)
Bottom of the 9th (U) [!] (besides some menu errors, Jabos didnt support it)
Chameleon Twist 2 (E) and (U) (fully playable, Jabos didnt support it, or good enough)
Clay Fighter 63 1-3 (E) and (U) (besides the intro gfx being bad, fully playable with decent speed, unlike Jabos)
Clay Fighter Sculptor's Cut (U) (same as above)
Cruis'n Exotica (U) [!] (Jabos doesnt support it, but now is almost playable)
Excitebike 64 (U) and (E) (fully playable, Jabos had problems)
Fighter's Destiny (E) and (U) (fully playable, Jabos didnt support it)
Fighter's Destiny 2 (U) and (E) (fully playable with some menu errors, Jabos didnt support it)
Flying Dragon (E) and (U) (almost playable and menus are visible, Jabos had missing menus)
G.A.S.P! Fighter's NEXTream (E) (playable, Jabos didnt support it)
In-Fisherman Bass Hunter 64 (U) [!] (more playable, no flickering like Jabos)