What's new

The unofficial Daedalus D3D8 Rel. 2 is here, binary and src

xploter

EmuGeek
AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 256mb DDR Ram, GeForce 2 Ti 64mb, w98se, DirectX 8.1.

The games work fine in default plugins (project64 1.5 beta 1)

Sorry, but my english is not good :(

Natus

so does the error occur on every game you try?

or only mario 64?
i'm thinking it may be some windows98 incompatiblity thing ... i dunno though :/

Rice would do far better at answering this question, since he knows what part of his code causes the error message...

ricky

Re: What?

xploter said:
the plguin throws the follownig error
What i can do?

UO DaedalusD3D8 0.08 Rel.2
Plugin Setting
Frame Buffer --- Complete

Plugin will stop error :) , but graphics will collapse. :(

-----
Ricky.
Project 1.5beta1
UO DaedalusD3D8 0.08 Rel.2
GeForce4 Ti4600
Pentium4 2.26GHz

xploter

EmuGeek
I made it work, although graphics non improvement, i have left without sound

What is "the best" plug-ins pack for AMD Athlon xp 2000+, 256mb DDR Ram, GeForce 2 Ti 64mb, Dx 8.1.?
i use pj64 1.5b 1

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
Wow.

Incredible job on this Rice. Truly amazing. I have an n64, and on some games, I can't tell the difference.

Just a reminder to nVidia owners: get the new drivers! They make a world of difference with an already great plug-in.

Again, excellent work!

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Re: What?

xploter said:
the plguin throws the follownig error
What i can do?

i get the same error
using pj641.5b geforce 2 gts p3 933 256pc133ram winme os running daedalus d3d8 and the rest is jabo's plugins for sound and input

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
harb said:
hmm
I tried all options of the plugin and use pj 1.5 and 1.4 and get only bout 10 FPS.. :-(
perhaps I don't have the latest daedalus ini or sth else :-(
other plugins really run normal speed..

??? ??? ???

Yeah , I'm getting the same thing here.

Graphics fine but frame rate unusable.

Great work anyhow Rice :)

Last edited:

zorbid

That's strange, your specs are more than twice faster than mine, and I have decent speed ont this computer. The only big difference is the CPU manufacturer, but, even though the P4 has a weak FPU, a 2GHz P4 should be faster than a 700 Mhz Duron, whatever the task.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
DeadRabbit said:

Are you sure that you have the latest video card driver from your video card manufacturer, not from Microsoft?

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Rice said:
DeadRabbit said:

Are you sure that you have the latest video card driver from your video card manufacturer, not from Microsoft?

Yeah, I went and downloaded them after advice from the guy a couple of posts up (sorry, can't remember name, but thanks for the advice).

I have only just had this PC delivered though, so it could be that I have the wrong settings for the card in some kinda control panel for the card somewhere (Is there anything like that somewhere ?).

But yes, I was a little shocked at the framerate for the spec of my PC also :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
DeadRabbit said:
Rice said:
DeadRabbit said:

Yeah, I went and downloaded them after advice from the guy a couple of posts up (sorry, can't remember name, but thanks for the advice).

I have only just had this PC delivered though, so it could be that I have the wrong settings for the card in some kinda control panel for the card somewhere (Is there anything like that somewhere ?).

But yes, I was a little shocked at the framerate for the spec of my PC also :)

go to start>settings>control panel. there should be something with an nvidia icon :)

iq_132

Banned
Cooliscool, your specs say you have windows 98. Do you have directx 8 installed? The plugin probably won't even show if you don't.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
nevermind, problem is fixed. for some reason my d3d8.dll got corrupted, after a re-install it's working great - and it's VERY fast! :)