What's new

translations/language files

tooie

pj64 Language files

Edit by Smiff: The official page for language files is now http://support.pj64.net/translations/
(this thread was started before v1.5 release!)

I have re-written the language support in project64 which will be released with 1.5. each langauge is now in a seperate file and a lot more things are included in the file. Cheats stuff might change more before the release .. and when that is I am not totaly sure .. hopefully soon .. if you want to have your tanslation in then post it to this thread.

update (2002/8/9): uploaded a new version .. hopefully should not change now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
This is genuine btw... tooie has done some good work. Everything the user is likely to see can be translated, including things like dialog titles, status bar text and common error messages. Inevitably the larger file will be more work to translate.

Anyone who wants to do translations for the next public version of PJ64 (which hopefully will not have changed too much) can take the file above, open it in Notepad, try to do a good job of translating please (i know it's perhaps harder without the application to try with), attach file to this thread, and it should be in the 1.5 release :) Most useful would Spanish, French and German, but everything is welcome :)

The reason for making this available early is that hopefully we will be able to ship with some common languages already included.

Last edited:
OP
tooie

tooie

Ruesselschnurps said:
Are the letters 'ÄäÖöÜü' and 'ß' allowed ?

I do not see why not .. I can not read how it is meant to work so I am going to assume it is .. as long as it does not need ucode then I ammume it is working fine, since it is indvidual files no need to modify the file in to one especially if it needs a font that is not installed .. which is one of the main points of this change.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ug sorry folks the spec IS going to have to change, can i just put you on hold for a moment.. don't worry 64ultramaniac it's not much different, just a few more lines.

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
sorry, jumped the gun a bit.. new Lang file will be posted ASAP... anyone can get on with translations if they like, most of it will be the same.

Last edited:

neoak

Triforce of Something...
OK

Spanish on the way. I'll post it soon and when the new spec is ready i'll make the proper changes. I only hope that in my intent to make the commands more easy to understand, the phrases were too long. As you know, Spanish is more complex in grammar.

:pj64:

Last edited:

neoak

Triforce of Something...
Done

The Spanish version is done. It took me 3 hours. Please note that in the emu the text could have to be adjusted.

Waiting the new specs Smiff.

(old file removed by Smiff)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
tooie

tooie

update the lang file .. hopefully will not need any more gui changes before release ..

here this is what has been added:
#340# "Bad ROM? Use GoodN64 & check for updated INI"
#1022# "Add Cheat"
#1023# "New Cheat"
#1024# "<address> <value>"
#1025# "Options:"
#1026# "<value> <label>"
#1027# "Edit Cheat"
#1028# "Update Cheat"
#1040# "Add New Cheat..."
#1041# "Edit"
#1042# "Delete"
#2041# "Are you sure you really want to delete this?"
#2042# "Delete Cheat"
#2043# "Cheat Name is already in use"
#2044# "You Have reached the Maximum amount of cheats for this rom"

Smiff

Emutalk Member
and here is my file in case it helps the translators understand at all... you can base translations off mine or tooie's, doesn't really matter.

All files will be tested for obvious syntax errors etc before inclusion but we must trust you to get the actual translation right! :) This is why it helps to have them posted here, hopefully you can check each others translations...

Last edited:

jacker

El Traductor
ONE MORE THING

guess what's wrong in Tooie's file:

#2007# "The default or selected input plugin is missing or invalid.

You need to go into Settings and select a video (graphics) plugin.
Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your plugin folder."

Got it?

P.S. I thought that it was obligatory to have that "[1]" in the filename. Que cabron soy. The server renames them!!!

:stupid:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
heh, that error is my mistake, i changed the error messages in the source a while ago and tooie's file just copied them out. so blame me for that :p

thanks jacker for ukranian

Last edited:

WildSOfT

emu-holic
Lithuanian translation

Hey,

I just did lithuanian translation. :cool:

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Not sure if here are many lithuanian pj64 lubbers, but anyway, hope it will be useful for some1 ;)

:pj64:

EDIT:

I have made some minor changes in translation, checked all of the shortcuts. Now everything seems to be fine :)

Here's Ver. 1.1. :D

Hmm, by some reason I can't attach the new file to this message, so the translation is in the other message below.

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ok cool, can i just remind anyone that it's nice to have keyboard shortcuts for everything, which you can insert with "&" symbol before the letter you want. You have to be very careful to make each shortcut unique per screen - i actually go through the letters one by one because it's so easy to not realise you've used one!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
jacker, do as many updates as you want until you feel you've got it right.. the files will just be sitting in this thread for a while anyway - we won't compile everything until just before release.. you got plenty of time :) The only thing i ask is that you edit old ones out of your posts please.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah i can see it would be hard to do shorcuts without the app - if in doubt, just leave the "&" out completely, better to have something that works. And this can be done after release if anyone wants it. If you double up shortcuts, it's not a disaster, it just creates a cycle through them.

Last edited: