What's new

UltraHLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
I have noticed that many people have been saying to let UltraHLE rest in peace. I ask - WHY??? Now I can understand if people feel that 100 UltraHLE recompiles turned up claiming to be new emus but for Dominator I feel that this is great news as it allows him to add loads of features to SupraHLE during a small transaction period.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Because uHLE has been since long dead. And there's much more other emulators which emulates more games than uHLE.
And since so, they, like me, just thinks let it be. We usually have system enough to play other emulators.

But well...
ultrahle is good for those with not so great systens.
That's reason enough to continue it for some.

later

Doomulation said:
Because uHLE has been since long dead. And there's much more other emulators which emulates more games than uHLE.
And since so, they, like me, just thinks let it be. We usually have system enough to play other emulators.

But well...
ultrahle is good for those with not so great systens.
That's reason enough to continue it for some.

There are emulators out there who play more games than UltraHLE. But uHle is still the fastest emulator out there.

Project64 is running Goldeneye at 20fps for me. And yes, I have a system that meets the system requirements: P4 2000, GF4

UltraHLE already runs Goldeneye at full-speed at a 300mhz machine.

I think that it should be ported over to D3D/OpenGL and uHLE will become the best emulator again.

It doesn't play alot games, but it plays the BEST games!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Comparing speeds on Goldeneye is stupid, this is a known issue for this game in Project64 (try CF3). Try 1964. Try most games. uHLE is not particularly fast.

later

Smiff said:
Comparing speeds on Goldeneye is stupid, this is a known issue for this game in Project64 (try CF3). Try 1964. Try most games. uHLE is not particularly fast.

Why is comparing stupid? Goldeneye is a pretty OLD game, and project64 still doesn't run it OK. And Goldeneye is for me one of the best games for the N64. You always have to change options and shit, and in UltraHLE you just have to double-click a game and it works.

hotshitu

Banned
...It's like the wind that follows fast/ And fills the white and rustling sail/ And bends the gallant mast /And bends the gallant mast, my boys...

Now guess how this stanza ends :p

sk8bloke22

roll for life
why do ppl give a shit. seriously, the ppl who dont want uhle continued why post on this forum. theres enuff ppl who would be happy to see uhle progress, so if u dont like uhle stay in the other emu forums. this whole arguement is stupid.

songoku

Black Swordsman
I've got an old PC and SupraHLE is faster than any other emu on the games it supports... except for Corn, but Corn is good just for Mario. I think that nowadays it's rather unuseful to use UHLE, but just because it was discontinued... try thinking about what Dom has done hacking it, and what could be done with it's sources! Even if not thinking about emulation compatibility or accuracy, there are tons of things in the interface: the long-time-complained space-in-a-filename-bug, the long-long-time-hoped zip-file-support and so on...
Moreover, many other things that couldnt be adjusted without the source can now be edited (I think the support for native save states can be among these), maybe more games could be added in the compatibility list, etc.etc.
I firmly believe that something good can still come from UHLE (or SHLE, depends if Dom will develop it under a name or another, or if someone other will work on it...); at least, let someone TRY! It shouldn't hurt, no?
However, I hope it won't be abandoned so easily.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
aprentice said:
Smiff needs to stop comparing every emu to pj64, its getting really annoying.

actually, HE compared it, and I replied with a valid point. The number of people who don't read a thread before replying has always been really annoying.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Smiff, may I just say something?

Shut the fuck up.

This thread is just repeating the same old arguement interspersed with you being a smartass and everyone telling you what I am now.

No, this arguement is dead. And you're exuming the corpse. Stop it.

ok, i have to jump to smiffs defence here... wtf!!! being a smartass?!

Later posted: "Project64 is running Goldeneye at 20fps for me"
Smiff posted: "this is a known issue for this game in Project64"

i'd say thats more helpful than anything, especially when someone else origioanlly drew up the comparison...

so he made that point, and you claim he's being a smartass? am i just missing something here or doesnt it strike everyone else as extremley moronic, all the smiff bashing that goes on around here!

As for the argument, im not gonna get into it but lilly savage if you don't wanna read about it ffs don't read, go whinge somewhere else!

and i just wanna add, this isnt a flame, but more a vent... comments like "shut the fuck up" when someone is trying to be helpful are uncalled for

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I'm not talking about this topic in particular. I'm talking about Dominiator (finally locked) topic that's in the SupraHLE forum now. He was acting like UltraHLE would destroy Project64 or something...

Oh, and feel free to direct your flames in this direction. The topic will get locked faster that way.

flow``

flow``
actually smiff is the smartass.. by unlocked, posting, and re-locking the thread in the suprahle board to get in the last word.

smiff is a dickhead, we know it, accept it, now lets move on.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
better a smartass than a dumbass.

Yeah i could make my answers "nicer", but sometimes can't be bothered... i'm not here to make friends... people who appreciate a straight answer can respect what i say... either way it's better than the endless bullshit in other forums.

Now if you find one of my answers that's wrong (as opposed to one you don't like, or isn't worded quite right for you), get back to me.

I created this forum BTW. So yeah, uHLE is really 'threatening' to me.

aprentice

Smiff, you dont need to make friends, but your hostile attitude doesnt fly well with most of us here. Try to be a bit more friendly and keep the enviroment a friendly community for the sake of martin :p

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
My last post here, this deserves a response.

Smiff said:
better a smartass than a dumbass.

Both irritating and pointless. I hate them all with equal venom.

Smiff said:
Yeah i could make my answers "nicer", but sometimes can't be bothered... i'm not here to make friends... people who appreciate a straight answer can respect what i say... either way it's better than the endless bullshit in other forums.

I'm all for honesty. I'm not for re-opening topics that are already decending into spam. That wasn't 'not being bothered', that was just intentionally mean to everybody.

Smiff said:
Now if you find one of my answers that's wrong (as opposed to one you don't like, or isn't worded quite right for you), get back to me.

'UltraHLE is pointless. Everyone should ignore this and concentrate on Project64'

The sum of what you've been saying constantly. What if we don't want to. What if we happen to like UltraHLE? What if Dominator wants to keep going on SupraHLE? UltraHLE is still a great emulator and I'm sure Project64 will keep going even if I prefer UltraHLE for some games...

Smiff said:
I created this forum BTW. So yeah, uHLE is really 'threatening' to me.

Perhaps it is. Perhaps you created this forum so you could put everyone off using UltraHLE and then close it.

In conclusion: Lay off UltraHLE. You may not see any point in using this old, tired emulator, but lots of people disagree. So leave us in peace will you?

Addemum: Oh, Goldeneye 007? CF=3 makes it jerky as heck in Project64. UltraHLE/SupraHLE? Smooth as pure gold, except for occasional DList errors. But you don't want that fixed, do you?

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
yea too right m8 i couldnt of said it beter myself :) i have no idea why that spiff dude is a mod. i understand spiffs feelings about ultra, Pj64 is a gr8 emulator but i still prefer ultra because it plays all my fave games at full speed even on a 300mhz pc

Stez

Last edited:

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
I think we can settle this argument in a more gentlemanly manner..

EMULATORS AT DAWN !!!

BACK TO BACK....TEN PACES....TURN AND EMULATE WITH YOUR WEAPON OF CHOICE.......SMIFF WITH HIS PJ64 IN HIS SEQUINED HOLSTER VS. THE REST OF THE WESTERN HEMISPHERE (and Cricklewood), WITH THEIR PUMP-ACTION UHLE, IN A RENDERING DUEL TO THE DEATH.

I think I can get Don king interested, and maybe even Radio Northampton.

CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE UHLE IS EMULATING !!!!!!

Nurse....it's time for my medication again I think :cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.