UltraHLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
jonno said:

i never saw smiff directly flaming like that, he just sensibly stated his point

Smiff said:

3) SupraHLE does not contain a virus, almost certainly. I would say it is perhaps virus-like in some ways (spreading around emu sites, serving no/little useful purpose, boosting the author's ego, wasting peoples' time). I also asked if the "author" was sending me viruses as I had good reason suspect it but no proof, and he was threatening me in a vague way.

yah, superman doesn't flame people at all. :sleepy:

bodie

can someone enlighten me to what dominator has done so wrong ..i have spoken to him on irc quite some time ago about things ranging from fairlight to the suprahle project and i found him to be honest about the limitations of what he was doing with supra,surely if he wants to work on something in his spare time and wants to share however much/little progress he's made it's completely up to him ..if people download it and like it (which they obviously do)then why shouldn't he carry on ..and now the source has been released people are up in arms before he's had any chance to learn and further the project ..
Life's all about choices and if you don't like it don't play it ,that's not to say you can't have an opinion about it ..but that said ,the opinion only needs to be heard once ..
LOOK OUT OF THE WINDOW THERE IS A BIG WORLD OUT THERE

LOVE PEACE AND MESSY STUFF
BODIE

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Try kinda not reading the thread Slougi.

The "almost" was there on the basis that you can never be 100% sure about anything. I'm _confident_ that SupraHLE does not contain a virus... is that wording better? And the quotes around "author" are there because he is of course not the author as such... when something is 99% someone else's work, you are not the author.. you are called something else, i'm honestly not sure what.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
sigh.. i asked ppl to stop feeding the troll.. as in giving him sheeps so he'll come up from under the bridge.. a forum troll is a guy who might give a good personal view on things but is also in there knowing his just pissing ppl off.. and these persons usually like doing things like this.. usually very bored ppl though.. i myself can be abit of a troll sometime but i do try to minimize the times i am one :p.. it's an old forum thing i guess.. i guess nobody knew what i was talking about so i had to explain it :p..

i'm calling Smiff the troll now because his usefullness in this thread has become very questionable in my eyes.. although i do respect you most of the time smiff.. your pissing some ppl off.. also Dom and i are pretty close.. and all the stuff you've been saying is just sad.. why did you even start?.. that is beyond me.. and about helping ppl in here and giving them straight answers.. sure.. i'm all for it.. but you know.. ok so they don't know everything.... right.... do they have too?.. and is the cost of keeping you showing ppl how this or that works.. is it worth your arrogant and "i dun give a rat's ass about you"-like behaviour?.. i'm not saying i'm an angel.. but i honestly do try and not get into everyones bad side.. you my friend.. don't.. i know you don't care for having friends in here.. but then maybe your better off not showing up.. i'm not telling you to go away.. but i can tell your not thrilled about the fact that ppl are saying bad things about/to you eather.. how ever many "i don't care"'s you might throw back at me.. it still stings a little when you see stuff like that being said to you.. i know that much..

or at least i sudgest you leave the ultrahle/suprahle/dominator topics for us others who have no problem with these topics.. god knows there's a half a million other good topics to stroll around in :)..

lubb, peace & understanding :inlove: ..

/me looks around.. yells -> MARTIN!!!.. what did you do with my flowerpower smilie!!! :cry: ..

Ppl hate Smiff cos simply he says the truth, straight and clear.This
is what makes ppl so mad,they want to hear what they like to hear.Unfortunately nowdays, saying the truth and being honest is a disadvantage...

aprentice

I think this thread served its purpose. Since the last few pages had nothing to do with the first original post, i think its safe to close this thread. :happy:

flow``

flow``
Ppl hate Smiff cos simply he says the truth, straight and clear. <-- rofl

most of smiff's post are biased and a generally non-accepted opinion. hence about everyone except you disagrees with his views.

please know what you're talking about before you post crap like that.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
have you considered the other possibility flow... that a lot of the people who post here regularly are quite ignorant... about most of what they post about, really... and that "accepted opinion" may be wrong, often. I get a lot of emails to the effect of "thank you for being the only place i could get a straight answer to x or y".. but those people don't feel the need to come here.

Isn't it nice the way locking a thread just excludes most people from a discussion? (sarcasm).

flow``

flow``
"I get a lot of emails to the effect of "thank you for being the only place i could get a straight answer to x or y""

oh bs. i'm not saying you aren't helpful around the board because you are when it comes to pj64. but no one is going to email you "thanks for flaming dominator, i totally agree with you"

"Isn't it nice the way locking a thread just excludes most people from a discussion?"

LOL.. everyone except you who unlocks the thread to put in the last word and then locks it again :p

Smiff

Emutalk Member
flow you're a w**ker, you know perfectly well how these forums work. i..e it's not necessary for mods to unlock a thread to post in a locked one. I bet it was you who just deleted hotshitu's rather more intelligent than average post... this censorship is really really irritating me now (congrats!)... with you and your lame brigade going around deleting the posts that happen to agree with me (often well thought out ones at that) and leaving the ones that don't (no matter how unpleasant) it's hardly surprising this bullshit twisted state of affairs is allowed to continue... jesus christ you slimy little t*rd... you and your ilk are bunch of spineless w*nkers, but no matter how low you go i won't start behaving in that way, deleting your posts etc, editing out stuff you don't like etc. Martin needs to have a think about who he employs around here and why. You could leave and it wouldn't matter a jot, I could leave and it would a loss to this forum... is that clear? Why are you here flow? you're not interested in emulation, I think you're just a little warez kiddy. Why don't you and Dominator and every other self-obsessed, non-contributing non-useful... person... go the hell AWAY.

I started this forum in the hope of encouraging some real improvement to uHLE... hahaha fat chance.... whoever does it will be working away quietly right now, far away from you lot and this bullshit. Now you weren't worth this much of my time and you're not getting any more, so have a think about what I've said and either change your ways or please do emulation and most of us a favour and dissappear.

mmcoder

If everyone's various accusations are true, that makes it pretty hard to pick sides. So uh, let's say you all go do something constructive instead of spamming/trolling every thread.

Hey or you could keep playing the lock some threads delete some posts games. That could kill time too I guess. Really not fun for the rest of us though. Hey give us all admin status! HAHA I could go delete all the daedalus posts.. maybe delete some people who disagree.. make some virus claims. . . ooh I can almost feel the power flowing through my fingers just thinking about it.

This has been an uber lame 2 weeks since UltraHLE leaked guys.

songoku

Black Swordsman
mmcoder said:
If everyone's various accusations are true, that makes it pretty hard to pick sides. So uh, let's say you all go do something constructive instead of spamming/trolling every thread.

Derek

less evil admin ;)
i don't visit this forum very often and it's threads like these that make me happy i don't. i'd very much like to see an age distribution on this board.

the point was taken that uhle is fast, with proof of that by comparing it's speed in goldeneye to pj's speed in goldeneye. smiff (currectly) pointed out that pj doesn't run the game correctly, and therefore isn't a very valid comparison. this is a completely legit point. It's a known bug, not indicative at all of pj's level of emulation and speed. it's like comparing pj's speed playing CBFD to UltraHLE's "speed" playing CBFD. It's a stupid comparison.

His legitimate reply was then used as a means to turn this into a completely worthless thread, not pertaining to the topic at all, and to bash him. If you have problems with smiff, keep it in the threads that pertain to it. Don't waste the time of people who don't care.

As for PJ and UltraHLE. I loved ultrahle back in the day. Some people may even remember me as moderator of the official forum. UltraHLE gave me the inspiration to start my site (cookies to anyone who can remember it's name), which eventually morphed into emuhelp. ultrahle is written for dated technology, using dated coding methods. The usefulness of the source is practically nill, as it would require the core of what made ultrahle great to be abandoned for serious improvement. the limit that ultrahle should be changed is to fix the bugs we all spent many many years correcting by other means. Other than that, R.I.P.

Martin

Administrator
I'm tired of this bullshit, have something constructive to say or don't say anything at all.

Now I am closing this thread, and don't dare open, reply, or alter it.

I have the final word around here, and it is a shame that I have to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.